AutoXing and other 2016 scheduled events?

99StockGT

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Aaron you're doing a great job handling the turds (Chandler).

UFO 2016 schedule:

5/22 @ Circleville Raceway Park (with Porsche Club)

5/29 @ Columbus Motor Speedway

7/10 @ Columbus Motor Speedway

8/7 @ Columbus Motor Speedway

9/17@ Columbus Motor Speedway

Our website will be updated in the next week or so.

:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

I just ran in a Dragcross event last weekend in Indy - was outrageously fun. Takes a lot of real estate to set up 2 diverging autocross courses to run simultaneously, though; they have an air base just north of Indy with a monstrous concrete pad where they run it.

Basically - the 2 courses both start on a christmas tree with a long straight; then at the end of the straight, they both veer off in opposing directions into their technical sections. The driver runs one side, then immediately crosses over to the other side. The timer starts again, and they run the second course. Your combined time from both courses is your time of record.

They had 32 cars, so they ran it in a typical eliminator bracket. I qualified 16th - at the bottom of the fast bracket - which meant I had to race the #1 qualifier in my first race - and you can imagine how that went (I was up against a B-mod car with a GSX-R engine). But they ran a "last-chance" bracket for those in the fast 16 who went out first round, and I came back and went to the finals in that bracket. Then I red-lighted...

So if anybody ever gets a chance to run in a dragcross event, DO IT.

I just ran in a Dragcross event last weekend in Indy - was outrageously fun. Takes a lot of real estate to set up 2 diverging autocross courses to run simultaneously, though; they have an air base just north of Indy with a monstrous concrete pad where they run it.

Basically - the 2 courses both start on a christmas tree with a long straight; then at the end of the straight, they both veer off in opposing directions into their technical sections. The driver runs one side, then immediately crosses over to the other side. The timer starts again, and they run the second course. Your combined time from both courses is your time of record.

They had 32 cars, so they ran it in a typical eliminator bracket. I qualified 16th - at the bottom of the fast bracket - which meant I had to race the #1 qualifier in my first race - and you can imagine how that went (I was up against a B-mod car with a GSX-R engine). But they ran a "last-chance" bracket for those in the fast 16 who went out first round, and I came back and went to the finals in that bracket. Then I red-lighted...

So if anybody ever gets a chance to run in a dragcross event, DO IT.

We're running in one later in the year. Heard great things! Glad you had fun!