AutoXing and other 2016 scheduled events?

99StockGT

Just kicking around the convo of racing with a co-worker and the subject of racing next year came up but it looks like calendars aren't really being set up quite yet however... anyone starting to make their arrangements? With winter coming (eventually) how about a little arm chair racing and "planning"

Personally, AutoX is going to be a focus for me hopefully make it through some SCCA track events in the Merkur and see where that takes me. The Pontiac should be ready to make some big loud america noises up and down some 1/4 strips once the big motor gets finished in a month or so. And last but not least I'm absolutely going to make it to

http://autointerests.com/events/812

Once again. One of the best experiences I've ever had behind a wheel, great people super helpful and the feeling of going all out in your own ride on a track you have been watching since you were a kid... priceless.

So, who's got an inside track on what's going to be fun and where the cool kids will be in 2016?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to get into autocross this year, but have no idea where to start. I went to the Tail of the Dragon 3 times this year and it was the most fun I've had in my car. And already have my first trip planned for next year in April. Is there a site where I can see requirements, like helmet, registration fees etc?

Is there a site where I can see requirements, like helmet, registration fees etc?

Depends on the organization. Some need a Snell, others want something hard on your head. $15-35.

I have ran with,

United Ford owners at columbus motor speedway,

Buckeye miata club at circleville raceway,

SCCA at nation trail and OSU,

Corvette club troy at kilkare,

Porsche club at national trail,

Jaguar club in powell,

OSU car club at akerman ,

Miami Valley Sports Car Club at kilkare.

All have their perks. I hope Aaron and Millz put together some awesome events for us next year.

Miller and I will be taking UFO to the next level in 2016. We tried to do some changes the last 2 events of this year, but didn't have ultimate control like we do now.

We will have a lot more details in the coming 2 months, but we hope to continue with the positive changes you saw the last events this year.

With that said, there is a core group of us that autocross regularly, so the general schedules, and UFO information will be available soon.

I would like to get into autocross this year, but have no idea where to start. I went to the Tail of the Dragon 3 times this year and it was the most fun I've had in my car. And already have my first trip planned for next year in April. Is there a site where I can see requirements, like helmet, registration fees etc?

Exactly why I made this thread my friend, no better place to meet/hash out/question fellow people interested in the same thing.

The Merkur will get its AutoX on FINALLY this coming season after 3 damn years!!!!!!! Not sure about doing cone chasing with the Pontiac, I don't think 3 point turns are encouraged in parking lot races ;)

The Stealth is umm.. getting some upgrades done this winter to be a bit more track ready. Blowing a rear brake hard line while doing 150+ coming down the back stretch was a tad intense, so there will a couple modifications/repairs going on while its "winter"

There's a good chance the 65 C10 will do some AutoXing this next season though since it's finally nearing completion. And well, as long as I don't sell the Forester that will be out as well...

So yes lots of racecar things next year!!

I didn't make it to a UFO event last year, largely because my Ford powered ride wasn't running. Although yes I know you don't have to have a Ford, I would prefer to bring that one.

Its 65 degrees out why aren't we doing racing right now?!

I didn't make it to a UFO event last year, largely because my Ford powered ride wasn't running. Although yes I know you don't have to have a Ford, I would prefer to bring that one.

Don't worry, the Fords are used to being beaten by the non-Fords. It's been happening for years.

2016 is the dawn of a new era. Going to be super awk when me and Aaron are giving ourselves trophies.

:gabe:

To better appropriate resources for a more valuable motorsports experience trophy funding will cease immediately.

Existing trophy stock will be awarded until exhausted.