what's the CR shop of choice?

smokin5s

Get quotes from both. I have never used any of them, but I have met Lucore people (one is a very enthusiastic car hoarder and an enthusiastic beginner autoxer; watch out, he will talk your ears out) and I have a friend whose Forester is being "overly built" by Lucore.

Get quotes from both. I have never used any of them, but I have met Lucore people (one is a very enthusiastic car hoarder and an enthusiastic beginner autoxer; watch out, he will talk your ears out) and I have a friend whose Forester is being "overly built" by Lucore.

1) Yea that Rich guy is quite the talker, never shuts up ;)

2) Still waiting on the damn pistons for that Forester so it can go into way over built for what you want mode.

As for getting a quote on work definitely reach out if you would like to know what you would be looking at cost wise through Lucore. Our CR shop rate is $85/hour and are willing to work with customer supplied parts if you wish to go that direction.

I used IPS in the past because they offered CR members a discount price on labor and nearby. Since they are no more, Dozzer would be first choice for diesel repair(IPS didn't offer this service and I had no reason yet). If Bill can work on late models automobiles that will be another option for the dd.

Austin shop(Lucore) sounds like another opportunity, hopefully they could offer some CR pricing since their shop is not nearby for me.

Edited by RS69

Our (Lucore) standard shop rate is $96 however we do offer a discount on our labor to all CR members which gets you down to $85, below what most comparable shops will offer. We will also install customer provided parts "most" of the time which can help save you some money there as well. If you don't provide the parts I'll do my best on part pricing for everyone to make it as economic as possible.

Our (Lucore) standard shop rate is $96 however we do offer a discount on our labor to all CR members which gets you down to $85, below what most comparable shops will offer. We will also install customer provided parts "most" of the time which can help save you some money there as well. If you don't provide the parts I'll do my best on part pricing for everyone to make it as economic as possible.

Excellent, I will keep you guys in mind for upcoming service.

Thanks,

Rick