First new car

verse

I've pretty much always had old 80's Toyota's. Well today I finally decided I was sick of replacing stuff on my daily driver, so I ordered a new car at work.

12555895_520427408116727_256686726_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE3MzQ3MTczNTIxNjA2OTQ5OQ%3D%3D.2

Got it 2 1/2 weeks ago. 2016 Scion iM. 6spd, pearl white, body side mouldings, added the mudguards while they were finishing my paperwork.

12543240_1021734787899060_4738376_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE3Mzk2MTExNjcwODIzMTQyNA%3D%3D.2

It's a neat little car, a ton of standard options. I had found out that in Australia they are still marketed as the Toyota Corolla Levin. My 8 year old son's name is Levin, so I felt like it spoke to me. I went and installed new badges and ordered some new wheels.

Finally got to putting the new wheels on last night. I couldn't wait until spring.

12556147_850777041700766_579301453_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE4MTQ0MjY5NDUzOTYzMTQzNw%3D%3D.2

Needs lowered, but I'm patiently waiting for TRD to release the new suspension goodies they are making for it.

Right on man congrats on the purchase. Always nice to see someone buy something they want for personal reasons not just stats/articles. What all does TRD have coming down the pipe for it that you are interested in?

Intake, sway bars, lowering springs, strut braces. That's all I've seen listed so far. They don't release all the cool stuff like they do in Japan.

All grown up!

Conformist....

My son one day said "Dad, why do we always have old cars?" haha

"No reason really, just I like old cars."

I think he enjoys the new car almost more than me. I do remember being excited as a kid when my parents got new cars. It's nice to know you don't have to touch it for at least a couple years.

Congrats! That is a nicely-styled car, and no one can bish when it's a stick-shift. Can you possibly put some center caps on those wheels?

I could, but I don't like the ones that are for the RPF1s, they're like $25 each additional so I didn't order them. I don't think they look good with center caps, but if I find any Toyota ones at work that work I may order a set. I'd guesstimate 90% of them on the road don't have center caps.

I could, but I don't like the ones that are for the RPF1s, they're like $25 each additional so I didn't order them. I don't think they look good with center caps, but if I find any Toyota ones at work that work I may order a set. I'd guesstimate 90% of them on the road don't have center caps.

http://flatoutgfx.com/products/custom-enkei-rpf1-center-caps-conical-style-black

Send Will a message, I'm sure he could put just about anything you want in the center cap.

If I see that thing at CC&C (Cup O'Joe) with center caps on I'll buy you a coffee and your son a cookie. :)