modern seat question

Spidey2721

The airbags vary seat by seat, but are typically mounted under the cover bolted to the frame. You have to remove the cover and sometimes the foam to get the airbag out. Other seats like those in a new Corvette are much easier to get to given the seat design. So....

If you care about the seat, you will have to take the seat covers off and get to the bags to get them out...hog rings, ect.. Shoudnt be very hard. I dont think you would even need to take them out if you are just using them for gaming...unless you are wiring them up??

junk yard recaros are much cheaper than gaming chairs and are prolly built better. :-)

why not just try to find a recaro made seat before airbags? E30 BMWs used recaro 7 way manual adjustable seats - they aren't super expensive (because everyone wants vaders now) and new covers are readily available. I think MK2 Jettas also had recaros.

Side torso airbags I don't think were a requirement prior to 2012, so some modern cars don't have them (ahem...chevy cobalt), they just may not also have an interesting looking seat. volvo's have had them since 1995 because Sweden. later C4 corvette seats are not recaros, but I think are comfy and some even have self inflating air bladders in them for lumbar support.

I hear some of the more modern recaro seats (like those in the RS4) are going up in price (someone said to me RS4 seats are now $2K a seat for used junkyard seats) so don't assume junkyards are cheaper.

or you could just find a seat you find comfortable and use that, I mean it isn't like you need side bolsters to keep your PS4 from pushing you sideways across the room.