Looking for possible 2-car tow to Texas

ImUrOBGYN

I've been speaking to ForceFed to tow the Supra and Vibe to Texas but haven't heard from him in a few days and have been unable to get final quotes, etc. and move day is coming quick.

So, in case I'm unable to get a hold of him or do not hear from him, is anyone else familiar with some trustworthy auto transports? The Supra is not currently running but the Vibe is. I know some places take issue with non-running autos.

Thanks all.

The Supra is not currently running

You didn't have to state the obvious. I don't think any supra runs...

But seriously find a company that has their own trucks. Not one that finds them for you. Wasn't super happy with the people that towed my vette here from texas.

You didn't have to state the obvious. I don't think any supra runs...

But seriously find a company that has their own trucks. Not one that finds them for you. Wasn't super happy with the people that towed my vette here from texas.

Yes, not thrilled about companies that do that and one reason why I didn't go with our moving company for the car transport. Good tip.

I believe http://www.dasautoshippers.com/ was the most reasonable to deal with and price wise for enclosed when i was getting quotes. I think they own all their enclosed trucks but i called a million companies that had very similar names.

Good luck. Car transports suck.

I have used only Pilot Transport to move my '8 Z06 from NH to OH. At that time, Pilot was the auto transport company which is used by Honda to move prototypes and production vehicles alike; unsure if it's still true now. The fact that the company was used to move prototypes made me trust the company.

I have used only Pilot Transport to move my '8 Z06 from NH to OH. At that time, Pilot was the auto transport company which is used by Honda to move prototypes and production vehicles alike; unsure if it's still true now. The fact that the company was used to move prototypes made me trust the company.

They could only give me a window of days in which they would pick it up at their convenience when I called. Didon't seem like a single car was remotely a priority.

I believe http://www.dasautoshippers.com/ was the most reasonable to deal with and price wise for enclosed when i was getting quotes. I think they own all their enclosed trucks but i called a million companies that had very similar names.

Good luck. Car transports suck.

Just a heads up, but DAS does not own all of their own trucks (I'm not sure if that's different with enclosed ones, but I know this is true at least for open trailers). They sub quite a bit of their work out to smaller carriers. I've worked on a lot of cargo claims where they brokered loads to companies that are insured by the company I work for.

Not saying they are a bad company, but as far as transport brokers go their business model is just the same as the others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to thank a member on here, ForceFed, for towing my Supra and Vibe to Texas for me. Kyle, it was nice meeting you and I appreciate you getting it all done on short notice for me.

No prob, appreciate the business and hope your move went smooth......Enjoy that southern living I know you're truly accustomed to.

• 1 month later...

Just bumping this to see if anybody else had any suggestions on a good transport company for a car, looking at buying a car in FL next week and starting to get quotes to get it shipped up here and this thread popped up when I searched on CR.

Did shoot Forcefed a PM for his info as well but wanted to get a variety of options to choose from.

thanks!

Hey, Brian...

Used these guys to move the CTS-V from CA to OH. One trailer, no shuffling. Great service. Check out their website at the bottom for an online quote generating tool that was very handy. They're a broker, so they'll ask what level of shipment you'd like (covered, open, quick, etc...) and they did a great job.

Quicken Auto Transport, LLC

Chris DeFilippis

Transport Coordinator

Toll Free: 855-859-4862

Local: 813-445-8848 X141

Mobile: 813-759-3103

cdefilippis@quickenautotransport.com

http://www.quickenautotransport.com