99 Buick Century Steering Cuts Out

Fiji ST

Friend of mine has one of these for his daily and the past two weeks, he says the power assist cuts out only when turning sharp left. If he turns sharp right, works fine. In normal driving, no issues. He has a small leak somehwere, but he keeps the fluid filled if he notices if it's dropped. Any ideas? Edited by Fiji ST

Most likely the rack.

They're not hard to replace. I DO have a non-magnasteer rack that would probably work for that car if you want to replace it for cheap. I think they go for around $200 at the parts stores. I got it used years ago and never bothered throwing it out and it didn't work for my car that I was putting on.

Most likely the rack.

They're not hard to replace. I DO have a non-magnasteer rack that would probably work for that car if you want to replace it for cheap. I think they go for around $200 at the parts stores. I got it used years ago and never bothered throwing it out and it didn't work for my car that I was putting on.

How much? Do you have a part number?