2016 911 R

o0n8

Car & Driver Report

Photos

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2017-Porsche-911-R-show-floor-102-876x535.jpg

The GT3 RS engine and a manual transmission :fuckyeah: in a lightweight body make for a mouthwatering 911.

the 2016 edition marries the lightest 911 body to the most potent non-turbo engine in inventory

500 hp, 338 tq, 3020 lbs; about 6lbs/hp

Exactly what I needed after being so disappointed in new gt3 and turbo being failomatic only.

I predict these sell for MSRP or more forevar. Porka will keep on slinging awesome limited edition models which will sell out, seems to be more rich car guys than ever?

I love the 911 and would love to have one some day.

996 (1997-2004) 911's are dirt cheap right now. Purists hate the interior and headlights and the IMS bearing has scared the majority of the people away (even though the permanent fix costs around $2K). Seriously $16K gets you a nice one.

Call me a Fanboy but I love everything about it.

I'd really like to convince Yasmin to let me order one of these in place of a replacement for her turbo...but my initial inquiries lead me to believe I won't be able to get an allocation even if I wanted one. First allocations will go to current 918 and GT3 RS owners prior to being opened up to everyone else.

oh...the stripes have some sort of heritage...but they are stupid and would be an option delete if I were to get the ability to order one.

I think the new 911 body looks absolutely the business.

Amazing time to be a car guy. Maybe not a poor car guy, but a car guy nonetheless. :)

+1

Looks like they chopped the top and stretched the nose.

I asked my sales associate months ago about getting one...he had a good chuckle. Considering there are only 991 being built, with 918 allocated to the rich guys...that leaves 73 for the rest of us to fight over.

I hope the 991.2 GT3 will get a power bump to the 4.0 and a manual transmission.