vacations?

SRTurbo04

Wanting to take the family for a quick getaway 3 for a 3 day weekend the first week in june. But since its so short of a time i dont want to drive more than 4 hours. Has to be kid friendly.

Was looking at places like lake erie but cant find any affordable options for lake front.

Thought niagra falls but that sounds lame and its 5.5 hours.

Any ideas?

Indianapolis has good children's museums which will kill most of a day depending on how old the kids are. Sometimes there are hotel packages where you get tickets free or reduced.

Wright Patterson has an air force museum and there is a intertrainment junction near Cincinnati. It has a massive indoor model train display and the detail is awesome. Good luck.

Wanting to take the family for a quick getaway 3 for a 3 day weekend the first week in june. But since its so short of a time i dont want to drive more than 4 hours. Has to be kid friendly.

Was looking at places like lake erie but cant find any affordable options for lake front.

Thought niagra falls but that sounds lame and its 5.5 hours.

Any ideas?

I have a place I love at Geneva on the lake. Its not waterfront , but it's close to a park near the water, it's perfect for a small family. I'll send you a message on FB.

Cincinnati/Kentucky. Newport aquarium.

Booze, food, gambling and aquarium. Aced it.

Looking for 2 year old kid friendly.

I have a place I love at Geneva on the lake. Its not waterfront , but it's close to a park near the water, it's perfect for a small family. I'll send you a message on FB.

Replied.

Eat Madsen donuts, and eat at Eddies Grill, then get a lemon shakeup at the DQ in Edie's Grill.

Hit Cinci Zoo, dinner on the river, stay there that night, Hit the Newport Aquarium, then just outside there is a nice shopping area and 21 screen AMC, grab dinner there too and drive an hour to Dayton. Hit the pool at the Dayton hotel and then the next day hit the Air Force Museum and grab a good lunch (not there) and head home.

We've done that a couple times. I have hotel info. for you. Very nice large rooms and cost effective. PM me if interested.

Hit Cinci Zoo, dinner on the river, stay there that night, Hit the Newport Aquarium, then just outside there is a nice shopping area and 21 screen AMC, grab dinner there too and drive an hour to Dayton. Hit the pool at the Dayton hotel and then the next day hit the Air Force Museum and grab a good lunch (not there) and head home.

We've done that a couple times. I have hotel info. for you. Very nice large rooms and cost effective. PM me if interested.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Air Force Museum. Problem is you really need at least 2 hours to walk the hangars. A 2-year old will not find it fun.

In for details, looking for riding destinations the wife and I can take trips this summer.

Geneva on the lake is an awesome weekend vacation spot here in Ohio. Shoot me a PM with your email and I can send you the info on the house I rent.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Air Force Museum. Problem is you really need at least 2 hours to walk the hangars. A 2-year old will not find it fun.

2hrs? Damn, I could spend all day there just reading and watching the videos and talking to the volunteers. It's an awesome way to kill some down time when traveling for business. :)

Edited by zeitgeist57

http://harborlightsresort.net/harbor/landing.php

We found this really cool place right on the beach in Frankfort Mi and decided it was less commercial than Traverse city and was the perfect place to stay for 3 days.

I can't say enough good things about Frankfort lots of locals not commercial family friendly and inexpensive.

Nice family place to go for a day..... Sleeping bear dunes http://www.sleepingbeardunes.com

Paul, as a parent myself, I can tell you that it seems like a lot is going on at 2 years of age, but nothing much is being processed. Just go somewhere outdoorsy, and fun for you and the missus. The kid will have a great time as long as there's a pool/lake and some room to explore. :thumbup:

Even Hocking Hills would be a good spot. Just rent a cabin, take an off-roadsy stroller or the Baby Bjorn and strap the kid down. Go for some walks, get some great pics, eat some fun food, and be back in 3 days for ultra cheap. Along that route, check out Oglebay in WV. Great cabins, central play/pool area, playgrounds, lake to fish/paddleboat...just a great spot not 3 hours away.

Paul, as a parent myself, I can tell you that it seems like a lot is going on at 2 years of age, but nothing much is being processed. Just go somewhere outdoorsy, and fun for you and the missus. The kid will have a great time as long as there's a pool/lake and some room to explore. :thumbup:

Even Hocking Hills would be a good spot. Just rent a cabin, take an off-roadsy stroller or the Baby Bjorn and strap the kid down. Go for some walks, get some great pics, eat some fun food, and be back in 3 days for ultra cheap. Along that route, check out Oglebay in WV. Great cabins, central play/pool area, playgrounds, lake to fish/paddleboat...just a great spot not 3 hours away.

that's along the lines of what I was going to suggest. Camping if you're into that....if not a cabin near some water. Kids will find things to do and have fun no matter where you take them. Avoid anything with large groups of people and long lines and you'll be fine. We have a 3 year old and he's been camping with us since he was 6 months old. He's actually easier to entertain than the older kids. Give him some water balloons and/or a sand bucket and he can burn a couple hours doing that.

Not gonna lie1 my 1 year old neice lasted longer than all the adults- she had a BLAST running through the halls and when we were tired of chasing her- I threw her in my ergo for a break.

The last wing will open this summer which I'm excited about. It will have the AF1 and other big planes you had to take a bus to go see (we didn't)

We're doing a trip to the Air Force museum in June once the new section is opened. From there heading down to Mammoth Caves to stay the night in one of their cabins, then hitting the easier, kid friendly tours the next morning. Museum is free, caves are cheapish. Most of the Mammoth park is being renovated and is also opening back up in June.

Yea shes happy doing anything so long as shes with us. :D

Still looking, wife cant make up her mind.