So yeah, new Stingray. Car ramps. .......

Mowgli1647545497

They aren't cheap, correct but they are nice, I use mine all the time. Makes swapping tires and brakes cake walk, rather then wrestling with jacks and stands.

This wife is poor.

please send weddings and newborns for photo so i can buy more car crap. kthx bai.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that sucks. I am sure they will fix it up good as new - it's what insurance is for.

Maybe if it's thousands of dollars to fix? Otherwise, enjoy having a car with bodywork history that will be worth considerably less IF it doesn't scare buyers away.

Man this is my biggest fear. I've been chocking ramps with cinder blocks in a stone driveway for oil changes for a year and it still makes me nervous. Hard getting the wife to see benefit for pouring a concrete drive, but damn do I want one.

I had the ramps chocked with 2x4s that I've used for years. This time it decided to jump.

Story has happy ending. Went to Dent Magic to quote out full fix. $800 for a like new fix so not too bad but beyond my budget this month. Stacy there suggested a touch up to get me by for now. Took her up on the offer.

1/2 day later she calls back and says it's done. Also, no charge, since she says she couldn't get it to her satisfaction. My jaw dropped. Went to pick it up expecting it to be unchanged or possibly even worse. The attached pic is the result.

iPPm67ZYO3LSFiexz01IPJTjTHxQX8IhActw5UJThJjSOjbtdgOfgdXYJ6nJQ7oBmPz4s9OMVzu2LSMwycmlTDfdbij4394zV6R60O8_D_nCA9U3Nrg4cCSu3JzRCmzGwtH52cBVmJEf4bf8M1YNQBc71HeR9zxtIGDujU7635wihsDmJM5gWs28pbPLgs6S8LFPXQLMKpbbtO9jEqWZ-khmyNyiISqDhDxBCBV5l-n6w9axpZ2urqcluWsFV1lcGZDEk9ijKjJkJQSqJ6GpDpDq4EGQBJSmhPnjdsR_94ZWE7JxZCtFeHuKYU5BrdcdwDUQZOtV3ND5qcNcK3LPF35OTUjpyOOO-pIUx1YOHDM6sJp9hgHi93KioLGMhJzQuRGsnQyKzupCOBRnoI2OuXADbYvkGNQyODEyGQV22rhnq1MFisWJr-aKRa3Kj8gK7iUcgg_C9tBvHZf-T19oOzUqCGETWhKgO5C2ze85N6Cuo0WTnqyV76khxyboMghU1RPyTd7EeuhsloaTmSwTtbFuBXkGqAOl7ZJYT5uEjMh_CoY5O3V6UmbBAkkxJycvKoV_=w1184-h888-no

I couldn't be more happy. Wow.

Although I can see it, to a bystander you'd probably not notice. I will definitely be throwing more business their way.completely unexpected. Didn't know businesses like that still existed.

Dent Magic on Sawmill.

Cant recommend them high enough. Earned a lifetime customer. I'll be taking it in for the full fix eventually.

I'll try to dig up the "before" pics when I get home. Posting from kids tai kwon do on phone.

Edited by Mowgli

I had the ramps chocked with 2x4s that I've used for years. This time it decided to jump.

Story has happy ending. Went to Dent Magic to quote out full fix. $800 for a like new fix so not too bad but beyond my budget this month. Stacy there suggested a touch up to get me by for now. Took her up on the offer.

1/2 day later she calls back and says it's done. Also, no charge, since she says she couldn't get it to her satisfaction. My jaw dropped. Went to pick it up expecting it to be unchanged or possibly even worse. The attached pic is the result.

https://goo.gl/photos/kCVTNxaQd394J5hs7

I couldn't be more happy. Wow.

Although I can see it, to a bystander you'd probably not notice. I will definitely be throwing more business their way.completely u expected. Didn't know businesses like that still existed.

Dent Magic on Sawmill. Cant recommend them high enough.

Earned a lifetime customer. I'll be taking it in for the full fix eventually.

I'll try to dig up the "before" pics when I get home. Posting from kids tai kwon do on phone.

Schreck is the man! Glad it all worked out. I had a nice vertical crease in my car during the first week I owned it. Was bummed as it was close to the edge. He had the car for about 3 minutes including driving into the garage. :)

Glad it all worked out. Now you have me thinking about stopping in there with my car. I have a nice ding from I'm guessing a shopping cart handle in my quarter panel. Just scared to try PDR for fear of cracking the paint and then needing to have it repaired.

Schreck is the man! Glad it all worked out.

This times a thousand.

I don't think John works at the Sawmill location does he? John did a dent in my 05 STI, took 30 seconds. He is pretty awesome.

he's been there as long as i have known him.. but i suppose he could have changed stores recently.

This times a thousand.

he's been there as long as i have known him.. but i suppose he could have changed stores recently.

I'm a moron, you are most likely right. I went to his house to get mine taken care of, he does not live close to the Sawmill store. LOL

Looks all good to me. I still cant comprehend what actually happened. In for before pic.

I was wondering the same thing.

Glad you got the car back to where you are happy with it.

Its an amazing looking car. I hope to see it at C&C sometime soon.

Before pics.

I suppose, being three days later now, and after DentMagic patched me up, I suppose not too bad, but to me that evening crawling around on the garage floor cursing myself and trying to straighten out the skirt and buff out the dent (it punctured on the driver side) it looked worse than pointy elbows on a CR wife. Glaring deformity.

Dug these off wife's phone. Turns out I never snapped a shot myself. This was after about an hour of trying to "fix" it myself.

Again big thanks to Dent Magic.

oPXqhxaAapWqmvm867EZJ5W2vT_oydo5nMvYTLjBIYT85e_6y6RaQmY5SOyEF0oSdry6W0GWm50IOayw-u_91rgXo6pKNXBLzdzLEsXmciylj1nSyyN4L5VecKEFtCFFzDZICRJ-fCTmaoMWmf_Ft2JDQ5lJMBS1yJU4X5UmJJZajwj5ywr-t5LQBXnbqbSVJk79mwERrN0DC8GuEqIhVAvDtKe5FwMw7KphEWTCU-ZfAkmxa5V5ZirKgSP8Pt98WThWEd9y-Ax59MpC-Xl-Qho6Jvmr-X5-loEc7mExZM__hHg1q-wZx16FnfFaUShXYeNvIC_8_10XzrYFB5pcbwWTsxXdo4sk2jlRrtNfCPhr0au_I0Y2l27J3gXOcJBMo7HuRyIBkAB7siHuTefdrp1sKAhZN6hUY9LPWxi2QoGFhdrShdNfUraq_K4ghnvRS8AekcpZ2_1kH5QMShpL8LKgb3LVDlGB0aycakT0g2Zjikf7t-D2xXo1Yh7mnoAoXD2B6VcCSy-6Gu7M7mq6RtNSn5ACBodEdvnTpQGDNeiPxWOwbKsWCl-jNis_GKPQtCjq=w592-h444-no

cUrk7T819UCbQj2fpS5V6URjfjVWwoF6kbdKOyfGsnWVuVwzLOYowPZDtNg7_r61dhx72X7-Px-pVXOGfWusdEmwTex8wrtH_hRpCR_xWZ8AOKeFlwu80z57MZ0NWqIt68lrVP2yYAbrEAs-pA4IG8itIKxOXueNHDDX2XVwTKXasXqpUTwkOVVl2NCX8-hbIbnvm_sC9RleKgWwC4FB_WgrfssE7lHD2YKWfiSpJDgadXBSpuXDPH12SyDUkU9SgcOUunso1wKFhysQOM8S13wnV6kr2AlMImzgIcDuUu_mQrc3pCMGRfkrqNTorEAnVWZP7YJ-Iliayzw07vmBXwvXRwZshRdI7VxP1HEcuHDHhu2Mc5pKDM-BZNysgFwyyLvuD_AczG3ILA0wxZtRjmt_o8ZmUivJlw868VDSA5Rrso_Y4p8NouN6di5gTNjfj0XJgZpGrxiB8_CCfe0dDjFamz455qvMYCsJ2i9K3PHo3zFL9R2RpzRLek3OyNp9CgB4O_CneFPfadayvKCiFL9erkCAubvD0EQ5Kggn7vWEhtVglZJMN5DWBBHul0SHeb9j=w592-h444-no

And today post patch - in direct sun at another angle took pic at lunch:

(I can live with this for a good while)

Oh2MGD0VhDnbNInR4YZ4LSo-cZVIlWNObmCXxlucVvZ3gqiA29vLd9Q1tSVDTbuqpO3bz7-dc7ZRCopckYRhGtCTEwR62Q75wM-cWJZhQuT0_1OOCyEa01KBukLCXxGCc_w3gB0LLrDsWia97COmbFlaJ5SXr5NXRsBI2IKVTNQTjbJlZhoCjun5EBSKfKbHi1etKeNwMdBJbt90K_sLpMDtyGsRBXcEClGxlk161aD7h-6PdN9svHfh8sgwReGrFI6-Db_SLHpmlkRw2VmDy2sdEgyBNUjXkNaeIgunbrdgo0y2IhadEMO1YccNWbQL79zZPJ4hZI4WRicuykPcYFqKA96Pt8emw4mOq2PLoXHnwgO4OxEsCbAQ3EDNy4nCc9VDVoLBZzAEwzanCxkw_QDSGrVuO8onzqFUXtldnIPZwc90yRH4x2SoGSiTguZ6yLIp4Uj70Z2H8WscCAun55Gf44phsloYAp_FpEEdp9gWx4a4l8czYcsRQidzkyqLKxHgI9Mo82hkXjHRUu1bajXSERgkigZInldfJv-LhB0ojE1il-sKTCga0OJRZmjo6iST=w1506-h955-no

Edited by Mowgli