727HP Mustang for 40K?

l36tols1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact Lebanon Ford in Lebanon Ohio, and get one all day long for less than $40k. Man kinda wish I knew this before. LOL

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a29116/this-dealer-sells-brand-new-727-hp-supercharged-mustangs-for-40000/

Most aftermarket tuners only list the price for their conversions; it's up to you to provide the car. So when we first read about an Ohio Ford dealership selling 727-horsepower, 610 lb.-ft supercharged Ford Mustangs for under $40,000, we figured that was the cost of the upgrade—you provide the Mustang.

Turns out, that's not the case. At Lebanon Ford of Lebanon, Ohio, you can walk in the door with $40,000 cash, and walk out with a brand-new Roush supercharged Mustang GT that makes more power than a Hellcat. Now that's a gosh-dang bargain.

Ben Keeshin over at The Drive spoke with Charlie Watson, head of the Roush parts department at Lebanon Ford. Watson explained that the dealership decided on the $39,995 price tag "to focus on establishing a nationwide base of enthusiasts rather than making huge profits on each car." The math checks out: A base model, no-options Mustang GT carries a $32,395 MSRP, and a Roush Phase 2 supercharger kit asks $7549.99. Install item two on item one, ignore what you'd normally charge for labor, and you've got a pony with 727 horses at an astonishingly low price. Through some combination of dealership incentives, bulk-order supercharger discounts, or similar financial black magic, somehow Lebanon Ford manages to make money on these beasts.

Of course, most customers go for a little more than the rock-bottom package. Watson told The Drive that many cars sticker between $45,000 and $60,000, between factory option packages, Roush performance upgrades, or styling enhancements. As the dealership's website points out, the work is even covered by a three-year, 30,000-mile warranty.

Lebanon Ford says it will arrange shipping to anyone, anywhere, and right now on the dealership's website, there are two brand-new 2016 Mustangs with Roush Phase 1 superchargers good for 670 horsepower, both under $40,000. Watson told The Drive that the dealership has already sold more than two dozen supercharged Mustangs, and with a sizable inventory of Mustang GTs and Roush supercharger kits on hand, this isn't some one-time stunt.

So, yes: For $40,000, you can get a brand-new 2016 Mustang capable of stomping a Hellcat. That's nearly $9,000 cheaper than a Mustang Shelby GT350, and more than $22,000 less than the most affordable Challenger SRT Hellcat, both of which are frequently victims of egregious dealership price mark-ups. Use the money you save to keep a plentiful stock of rear tires.

walk in the door with $40,000 cash, and walk out with a brand-new Roush supercharged Mustang GT that makes more power than a Hellcat. Now that's a gosh-dang bargain.

Not if they're giving crank power numbers.

Pretty good idea, I guess time will tell how many they actually sell. Is it really just that simple to get 727 with the Roush stage 2 kit on a 5.0? Any immediate supporting mods needed to make it last?

Pretty good idea, I guess time will tell how many they actually sell. Is it really just that simple to get 727 with the Roush stage 2 kit on a 5.0? Any immediate supporting mods needed to make it last?

They have been doing this for months, the news cycle just picked it up. They have posted pictures of pallets of superchargers arriving at their shop. They are basically out the door as fast as they can get the installs done.

3 year 36 warranty only applies to Stage one (670 hp).

727 still has a 3/36 warranty on parts only. Still better than nothing.

Does the factory mustang warranty still apply? Or is that completely voided? If a door panel falls off or a seat back breaks day 3 of ownership will they warranty it?

That's a hell of a deal for a 700 hp car. Maybe it's just me but I feel like this package should have a name to be a true dealer special.

727 still has a 3/36 warranty on parts only. Still better than nothing.

Does the factory mustang warranty still apply? Or is that completely voided? If a door panel falls off or a seat back breaks day 3 of ownership will they warranty it?

That's a hell of a deal for a 700 hp car. Maybe it's just me but I feel like this package should have a name to be a true dealer special.

You always have a warranty on stuff the motor can't break like a door panel.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like this package should have a name to be a true dealer special.

It does, its called a Roush Stage II

This is awesome, reminds me of the COPO Camaro where its a striped down model and just gobs of power. This just happens to be super cheap