Future car purchase advice

russian rocket

Hey guys, in the next one to two years (maybe sooner) I plan on buying a fun family car. I have been too long without a quick car that I can take to the drag strip and have some fun with. I have some certain criteria that the car has to meet because my wife will be driving it too (rarely).

-Has to be a four door

-Has to be auto

-Has to have some type of forced induction

-Will probably be a 2013+

-Budget will be 40-50k

the cars so far on my list are:

-Mercedes e63amg

-Dodge Charger hell cat

-Cadillac cts-v

Would you guys recommend one over the other, any known issues with either of my choices so far, any other car you guys would add to my list?

Weistec E63

He goes over some of the common issues in the video. Looks like there is a Eurocharged one for sale not too far away.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/5574874338.html

thats pretty badass

i am really leaning towards a v2 ctsv, maybe if i hold out the v3s will come down to my price range :fuckyeah:

the e63 is a badass car overall, probably would not go with the weistec setup, doesnt sound like it would be a good daily driver with the exhaust drone.

it would be hard for me to decide between the 12-13 year models that are rwd or the 14+ models that are awd.

Automatic 4-door "fun car" that you may be buying in 1-2 years.

K

yes unfortunately with three small kids, it has to be family friendly and something that my wife will be able to drive. I say next year or two because I would much rather pay cash and not worry about a car loan.

Will be on the high side of the price range, but I bet you'll be able to find an RS7 or at least an S7 by that point.

The s7's are pretty sweet, but it looks like it only seats four, I forgot to mention I have three small children. thanks for the suggestion though.

yes unfortunately with three small kids, it has to be family friendly and something that my wife will be able to drive. I say next year or two because I would much rather pay cash and not worry about a car loan.

Have your wife drive an SUV and you get a fun car. That's what we did ;)

The s7's are pretty sweet, but it looks like it only seats four, I forgot to mention I have three small children. thanks for the suggestion though.

In that case, RS6, maybe try to import an Avant for maximum awesomeness.

EDIT: Oh totally forgot, it'll be higher price range but if there are any used available at that time, the Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk aka Hellcat SUV.

Have your wife drive an SUV and you get a fun car. That's what we did ;)

ha, she already has an 07 yukon denali xl.

The problem is, the last couple fun cars I have had are fun at first, fun on the weekends and fun when I just want to do some spirited driving. Unfortunately, when it came to daily commuting or taking the kids places, it became more of a burden to take my fun car. So I started taking her car places which left her without a vehicle to drive, aside from my truck which she refuses to drive.

So now the deal is, I can buy a fun car, as long as she is able to drive it.

In that case, RS6, maybe try to import an Avant for maximum awesomeness.

EDIT: Oh totally forgot, it'll be higher price range but if there are any used available at that time, the Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk aka Hellcat SUV.

That Cherokee is pretty sweet, not sure if it'll be in my price range when I am ready to buy, looks like starting msrp will be around 80k.

I am kinda hoping that if I hold out another year, the ctsv v3 will start flooding the market and the ctsv v2 will plummet in price significantly to where I can buy a newer, lower mileage one for dirt cheap.

I am also kinda curious if the ctsv v3 will depreciate as fast as a mercedes does.

Automatic 4-door "fun car" that you may be buying in 1-2 years.

K

If you're not actively searching for this car with cash in hand - these threads are worthless.

So much can happen in 2 years. We all know that.

Lets talk about this in 18months.

BRB starting a thread about buying a lambo in the next 4 years.

ha, she already has an 07 yukon denali xl.

The problem is, the last couple fun cars I have had are fun at first, fun on the weekends and fun when I just want to do some spirited driving. Unfortunately, when it came to daily commuting or taking the kids places, it became more of a burden to take my fun car. So I started taking her car places which left her without a vehicle to drive, aside from my truck which she refuses to drive.

So now the deal is, I can buy a fun car, as long as she is able to drive it.

Get a new wife. Buy c7 z06