F&F 15th Anniversary - 6/22 @ 7pm, AMC Lennox

zeitgeist57

http://jalopnik.com/the-original-fast-furious-will-be-back-in-theaters-fo-1778727656

The original Fast and the Furious is showing on the 15th anniversary of original showing date: June 22nd. Fandango shows AMC Lennox has a 7pm showing. Who's going? :) Can't believe it's been 15 years...

jgx28sjkpyv3qb7tixq1.jpg

So I have a confession to make...I actually love this movie. It's awful, and that's kind of the charm of it really. Love it or hate it, the movie made "car-sploitation" films a viable medium again.

June 22nd is a wed night, but I am wondering if CC&C can somehow organize an impromptu parking lot show? Might be fun.

I remember when I first saw that movie. It was at the Port Washington AMC on Long Island. I had already moved to New Orleans, but I came home for that summer and reconnected with my high school gear head friends. We all went to go see it and we took our cars: my GTO, a 1967 firebird, 1968 road runner, 1969 satellite with a 440, 1968 mustang notch, 1969 442, 1970 Lemans sport convertible, 1966 impala SS, 1962 corvette, 1984 z28, 1995 Cobra mustang, 1997 Acura Integra Type R. There was no parking lot so we took over both sides of the street in front of the theater. We watched it and when we came out it was like an event. We hadn't planned it to be, we were just excited kids who wanted to see a movie about cars that didn't suck but apparently parking all these old beat cars attracted a lot of attention. When we left all of us stopped in front of the theater and did a burnout (and we all got warnings from the port washington cops 3 blocks away who flagged us over). It was just a really fun time. IT would be nice to have something like that again for the anniversary.

Already bought my 10 tickets for the showing at Rave on Polaris. Should be one hell of a parking lot before/after the showing! Edited by 99StockGT
Edit: Read this at lunch yesterday and immediately bought a fist full of tickets. Of course I did.

So I have a confession to make...I actually love this movie. It's awful, and that's kind of the charm of it really. Love it or hate it, the movie made "car-sploitation" films a viable medium again.

June 22nd is a wed night, but I am wondering if CC&C can somehow organize an impromptu parking lot show? Might be fun.

I remember when I first saw that movie. It was at the Port Washington AMC on Long Island. I had already moved to New Orleans, but I came home for that summer and reconnected with my high school gear head friends. We all went to go see it and we took our cars: my GTO, a 1967 firebird, 1968 road runner, 1969 satellite with a 440, 1968 mustang notch, 1969 442, 1970 Lemans sport convertible, 1966 impala SS, 1962 corvette, 1984 z28, 1995 Cobra mustang, 1997 Acura Integra Type R. There was no parking lot so we took over both sides of the street in front of the theater. We watched it and when we came out it was like an event. We hadn't planned it to be, we were just excited kids who wanted to see a movie about cars that didn't suck but apparently parking all these old beat cars attracted a lot of attention. When we left all of us stopped in front of the theater and did a burnout (and we all got warnings from the port washington cops 3 blocks away who flagged us over). It was just a really fun time. IT would be nice to have something like that again for the anniversary.

holy shit, something you actually like, and approve of???? the world has ended.

"i like this movie" would have sufficed. but go ahead and tell your life story:lolguy:

justgivingyouahardtime

• 3 weeks later...
Just bringing this thread back to life as The Day is tomorrow! Anyone else unnaturally excited about seeing this in theaters again? Ready to relive the glory days of the early 2000s? Do I install neons real quick for the parking lot car show?

Just bringing this thread back to life as The Day is tomorrow! Anyone else unnaturally excited about seeing this in theaters again? Ready to relive the glory days of the early 2000s? Do I install neons real quick for the parking lot car show?

Just go through the accessories isle at Autozone and buy one of everything!

I want to see the movie on the big screen again but the parking lot should be an interesting show.

Weird to see again on the big screen but for having seen it 75 times already it was still enjoyable. Crazy to think about how much has changed in the automotive world since those movies came out. Not sure who saw the movie at other locations but the Rave location didn't have much of a Car Culture turn out for the parking lot.

Do I install neons real quick for the parking lot car show?

I didn't go that far but I did do this:

http://i.imgur.com/xYyBbdJh.jpg

At the Lennox there was no parking lot car show to speak of, though. Hardly anyone there. The audio was broken, I went out to complain but there's like 3 teenagers running the joint and nobody could figure it out. Got comp tickets but it still sucks, I dragged a bunch of friends to this who had never seen it and they missed all of the amazing dialog.

One of the worthless teenagers told me, "I think it's just cause it's so old." First of all, it's not that old, secondly the previews had fucked up audio too so it's not the film, thirdly I don't care why the audio is broken, if you can't display a movie properly because it's too old then don't advertise it and charge me money.

I was surprised at how well it holds up as a cult film.

I had high hopes for a good turn out then leaving the theater to a bunch of the new generation standing around in the parking lot talking about lowering springs, exhausts, old air intakes, and turbo kits. Sadly it was my group and 3 other cars of the "tuner type" so we skipped the parking lot talk and grabbed some whiskeys instead.

15 years on, how many of these cars are still the "go to" ones for the tuner world? Something I never noticed before that would absolutely be missing from a re-film today is the Subaru brand. Maybe I missed it but is there even 1 in the original film?