How to deal with a issue?

SRTurbo04

Disclaimer, I am not a old grumpy asshole.

About once a week for the last month or so between 830pm-10pm, and a few times after 1am some punk kids things its funny to run up ring my door bell ten times then run. This has been going on for more then a month but has been random.

Some might see this as harmless but its happened so much that it wakes my 2 year old up(any parent can see why thats a issue) and the times its been 1am it scares the wife cause why the fuck rings a door bell at 1am?

My first recourse was to try to catch them after the door bell rings, but my fat ass doesn't get off the couch as quick as i used to :lol:

Spare me the "there probably just kids" I am sorry but you don't do that crap in this day any more. You especially dont do it at 1am, your just asking to get shot.

What do i do here short of getting security cameras to try to catch them? Callthe police? What would you do?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could get one of those video door bells. It'll be an investment in your home, as well as give you the ability to record, and then see who's doing it. Then you just take the video to the kids and blackmail them to mow your lawn or you'll show their parents. Win/win.

Install an on / off switch for your doorbell. You obviously don't want to "catch" them.

:)

KillJoy

Why dont i want to catch them?

Maybe install a light with a sensor on it by the door. Might be enough to scare them away. Maybe even install a camera to see who it is and then find the parents?

The front of my house is lit up like the 4th of july with my outdoor house lights. Thats the thing, bold fuckers coming up when its that lit up lol.

You could get one of those video door bells. It'll be an investment in your home, as well as give you the ability to record, and then see who's doing it. Then you just take the video to the kids and blackmail them to mow your lawn or you'll show their parents. Win/win.

Never heard of these, will have to check them out.

Video doorbell things are pretty sweet. The guy's house where I play poker has one. It pops up on his phone as soon as it's rung

This. Some activate with movement so they don't even need to ring the bell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motion sensing sprinkler

String up some fishing line as a sort of web or trap

etc.

We have proximity sensors on the property that essentially ring a doorbell alerting me to the presence of someone so I can be prepared/alerted.

Priceless to watch a 70lb Pit Bull scare the fuck out of someone just "walking" down the street (coming up my driveway) for no reason at 2am as I let the dog out the front door to piss. Kid ran for the hills.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah133/PDQS4/patches_zpsy4ataezg.jpg

Harbor freight motion sensor. Wireless and rings a doorbell inside when someone crosses it. You could put it at the entry way going up to your door. Gives you a few more seconds to get there.

Other option is a camera or deer trail cam hidden somewhere.

Try turning off all the lights then? Maybe that'll spook them. Just in case it doesn't, put some kind of fucked up shit on your porch they won't see until it's too late. Try different things. Have fun with it. Vaseline, oil, actual shit. I'd say lay nails but you could possibly get in some trouble for that. lol Any of those could possibly get you in trouble.... Ignore this post. It's probably someone on here, anyway.

Chances are that the little transformaer for the doorbell is attached to teh electrical panel in the basement. Take a screwdriver and unhook a wire.

Call the police, maybe they'll at least patrol through your neighborhood.

If you really want to be a deviant I'm sure one of the above suggestions will work too.

Quit fucking crying you did this stuff growing up, Kenneth.

Oh just EAD

Harbor freight motion sensor. Wireless and rings a doorbell inside when someone crosses it. You could put it at the entry way going up to your door. Gives you a few more seconds to get there.

Other option is a camera or deer trail cam hidden somewhere.

I like the idea of the game camera, easy to place and not permanent.

You should move to the country.

I wish, I just moved up here last year, not moving again.

Tape a thumb tack to the button for the door bell. Bet they won't be happy about that.

ha!

Utilize trip wire and:

http://cdn.historynet.com/wp-content/uploads/image/2012/MH/09%20SEP/600x502xHandTool.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xb2jugtwRM.jpg

Sweet jesus!

Go to Cabela's and get the least expensive "deer trail camera" you can find. I have used them for years to protect equipment and things that I can't monitor. They have motion sensors and night vision. Work absolutely fantastic.

Set up a garden hose spray with a solenoid valve pointing at the doorbell, connect the door bell to the solenoid. Push the doorbell, get soaked. Maybe add a 10 sec timer to it so they get good and wet. Add a camera so you can laugh your ass off, then upload the video so we can laugh our asses off.

Hell I'd probably just leave it hooked up that way permanently. Would be good for the Jehovah Witness's and in-laws too.