550-600rwhp N/A LS what is needed

hpfiend

Hey all you LS experts- prob should throw this on ls1tech but know a lot of you are serious ls'ers.

What basic configuration is needed? 420 ci 5.3 iron block, trickflow heads, wild cam with big injectors, ls6 manifold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not going to make 550 rwhp N/A with a 5.3. If you are going to build a 402 motor that's a different story.

I would stay away from the ls6 intake manifold and look towards Fast, LS7, LS3. Which means, you are going to run LS3/7 heads. Stay away from ls1/ls6 stuff it's old technology now.

Hey all you LS experts- prob should throw this on ls1tech but know a lot of you are serious ls'ers.

What basic configuration is needed? 420 ci 5.3 iron block, trickflow heads, wild cam with big injectors, ls6 manifold?

I would suggest also asking this question on YellowBullet in the LS tech area that Ray helps run, there are people there who really know their stuff.

My engine theory is basic in understanding, but you will need to add a bit more detail to this question, like will it be street driven and what is your budget?

I already have a gt45 turbo for it - I am not a tuning master and am afraid of what I am going to get into as far as heat, water injection (no room for intwrcooler, head gaskets etc- trying to keep it simple

It will prob be way too expensive NA but getting the fuel injection sorted out plus turbo fab may be difficult

Denmah is throwing junkyard Pistons in with the same turbo and running 9s In fairmounts so I should be able to figure it out...

Edited by hpfiend

My car makes 470wheel through a power robbing 6l80. I spin it to 7000rpm. Should be no problem to hit your goal with 50+ more inches.

Stock bottom end L76 (6.0)

L92 heads ported by Tim

Custom spec Cam Motion cam

Brian tooley/morel valvetrain

LS2 timing drive

Ported throttle body

Ported LS3 intake manifold

LS9 injectors

1 7/8 kooks headers

My car makes 470wheel through a power robbing 6l80. I spin it to 7000rpm. Should be no problem to hit your goal with 50+ more inches.

Stock bottom end L76 (6.0)

L92 heads ported by Tim

Custom spec Cam Motion cam

Brian tooley/morel valvetrain

LS2 timing drive

Ported throttle body

Ported LS3 intake manifold

LS9 injectors

1 7/8 kooks headers

Thanks for your post! 6L80 or 4L80? Tim on here? Did you port your tb and manifold?