WWCRD: Neighbor Fencing Issue

Fiji ST

Anyone see the news article this morning where two neighbors got in an argument over their sprinkler systems getting a house wet? They shot and killed each other.

Move on. There are bigger things in life to worry about than this.

Edit: Boom, here it is: http://nbc4i.com/2016/07/19/fight-over-sprinkler-systems-leaves-two-men-dead/

I don't have a gun. I guess I'll use this post as a preemptive invite to my funeral then. Everyone's welcome. Cash bar.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the other pansies on here don't think its a big deal. Well yes its only 6 inches

I lol'ed.

Fiji,

If you are going to go forward, just remember at all times to "remain calm". No yelling, no screaming. Write out a one sentence position, rehearse it and when things break down, just calmly repeat it no matter what he says. Nothing drives a bully more bat shit than knowing he isn't getting to you. The calmer you are the better off you are.

A problem when he moves? How so? No realtor is going to be like, "OH YEAH, THE ASSHOLE NEIGHBORS BUILT THEIR FENCE ON 6" OF THIS LAND, SO YOU'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT IF YOU BUY THIS HOUSE." :lol:

I don't think the typical buyer would even know better, nor would they REALLY care. It's a fence.

Maybe that's just me *shrug*

It's actually 2 feet inside, and when you go to sell its a pita ask rocky he just had to deal with it when selling his house. Stupid yes I agree but property is property

Anyone see the news article this morning where two neighbors got in an argument over their sprinkler systems getting a house wet? They shot and killed each other.

Move on. There are bigger things in life to worry about than this.

Edit: Boom, here it is: http://nbc4i.com/2016/07/19/fight-over-sprinkler-systems-leaves-two-men-dead/

Dude, that's a murder-suicide. 80 year-old Edwin didn't even arm himself.

#oldlivesmatter

Actually.. when someone's fence is on your property it can be a huge headache to sell. You sound as though you have not bought a house yet..

A problem when he moves? How so? No realtor is going to be like, "OH YEAH, THE ASSHOLE NEIGHBORS BUILT THEIR FENCE ON 6" OF THIS LAND, SO YOU'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT IF YOU BUY THIS HOUSE." :lol:

I don't think the typical buyer would even know better, nor would they REALLY care. It's a fence.

Maybe that's just me *shrug*

Actually.. when someone's fence is on your property it can be a huge headache to sell. You sound as though you have not bought a house yet..

I've never bought a house, but if I was sinking 6 figures and decades of future payments and family life into a thing, you're damn right I'm gonna pitch a fit about 6" of headache waiting to happen.

Lol yep, no house. I just pay on a mortgage for a cardboard box beneath the stairs somewhere.

Once it turned to shit I would have got out my chain saw and fixed it right then... He obviously gives zero fucks.

Yup. /thread

Did you tuck your wiener, buffalo bill style, and waddle up to your neighbor when asking him about his fence or did that happen when you walked away once you let your wife take care of what the man of the house is supposed to handle. Ahh the interactions of yet another cuckold.

:jerkit:

LOL. There was no tucking. We're a team and she has as much say about this as I do. It's not my fault if you live in the Stone Age. Do you beat your wife if she doesn't have dinner ready right at 6 for you?

Doubtful. Keyboard warrioring at best. He made one person laugh once by calling someone else a "cuckold" so he's been using it for 3 years.

INB4 PP gets SUPER creative and calls me a cuckold or "lolBeetus". :rolleyes:

Not every insult requires a response...

"Insult".

*Awesome uncle story*.

:lolguy:

I don't have a gun. I guess I'll use this post as a preemptive invite to my funeral then. Everyone's welcome. Cash bar.

http://www.regroup.com/welcome/content/uploads/2013/01/opt-in.jpg

Reading this makes me glad my fence looks like:

4100892488_7124c25130_z.jpg?zz=1

But, you still have neighbors :gabe:

:lol:

Ant, I believe Andy and I took a cat WAY out into the country for you and ensured it's well being circa 2003. You owe me a visit to the new property in the country, range time, bonfires, and donuts in the Firebird. Tht was the deal IIRC.

you should post this on https://www.reddit.com/r/prorevenge

Some of you may remember my janky old 1959 Chevy Apache pickup truck. It was a gift from an uncle of mine who lives out in Berkeley, CA. I got that truck because of a situation similar to this.

My uncle's old neighbor had erected a fence between their properties about 6" on their own side of the property, giving my uncle JUST enough space for a short gravel driveway to the backyard where he could squeeze the truck through. Old neighbor and he also helped each other out in terms of the street parking situation, with my uncle allowing the neighbor to street park in the area blocking his driveway.

Old neighbor moves out, new neighbor moves in, wants 6" more of garden space in the yard. They told my uncle to deconstruct the fence, uncle said fuck off I'm not paying to take it down, so they sent a letter asking him to do it (likely to document evidence). Eventually they just basically picked up the fence and moved it 6" into my uncle's driveway, thereby trapping the truck in the backyard. In the meantime my uncle has gotten a new truck with a pop-up camper in the bed, he also has a motorcycle and wife has a WRX so they have ways to get around. Neighbor is pissed now that they're not getting the angry reaction they want, so they start parking in front of the driveway, arguing that it's not being used since it can't access the back. Uncle has their car towed.

As retaliation, the neighbor uses their mother (who they drive around occasionally) to get a handicap placard, and petitions the city to make the spot immediately next to his driveway a handicap-only street spot. City obliges, and while the driveway is now clear, there's always the neighbor's car juuuust not giving enough space for his pop-up pickup to fit. So my uncle calls the city arguing that they're using the placard without the handicap person actually living there. Gets their car towed again, this time with a big fine for misuse of a handicap placard...SO THE NEIGHBOR MOVES THEIR MOM IN WITH THEM so they can keep the placard and use the spot all the time.

Well then my uncle's diagnosed with cancer, and gets his own handicap placard. Guess who now has a permanently parked pop-up camper in front of their house in "their" handicap-only spot?

All this comes to a head when the neighbor threatens him, and he responds by firing up the Apache for the first time in months, and drives it straight through the fence and out to the street. That day he called me and said "I've got a really nice pickup truck with some damage on the passenger side, it's yours if you can drive it back to Ohio." Turns out the new neighbor had moved the fence a couple inches into his property and he didn't damage the shit on her side of the line.

Do you want it to get to that level? Because it's probably headed there if you don't exercise ever proper legal option you have.

Randy, you just jogged some OG memories.

You know how to reach me :D

Mt Perry eh? How do you like Perry County living? I had planned on shooting you a message a while back when I seen you joined a local group of mine on fb lol

Mt Perry eh? How do you like Perry County living? I had planned on shooting you a message a while back when I seen you joined a local group of mine on fb lol

I'm actually about 1/2 mile inside Muskingum County. I love it out here, though.

I am much happier seeing 2 houses from my house than 30 in the city. Haha. And luckily those 2 houses are a couple hundred yards away.

Yes, but I had to give you some shit :D

I'm actually about 1/2 mile inside Muskingum County. I love it out here, though.

Yes, but I had to give you some shit :D

Cool. I'm in New Lexington. Make your way into Somerset for Anthony's Pizza if you haven't yet. It's great. Nick's and Montell's suck though.

Update:

The HOA president wanted to meet with us last night and discuss the issue. I explained what the problems were and why we had such an issue with it. I explained that we measured and found where we believe the property line was as well as the previous conversation we had back in April about not drilling into our fence. We went back and forth for a bit, so I'll save you from all of that.

In the end, the HOA president seem to side with me that I had every right to be upset. He suggested we go ahead and get it surveyed to figure out exactly where the line is. He was going to also check on the easement rules to see about blocking off the access to the boxes. He then said that until this is settled, my neighbor should take down the gate and the easement fencing immediately instead of waiting for this to get figured out. I said that sounds more than fair, but he tried to put up a fight because he was concerned about their dog getting to run around. His wife even told him to take it down right now since the dog can live on it's leash for a while longer. Came home today from work and the fencing is gone.

Overall, it went very well and I think he finally got the idea that he's not going to win. Working on finding someone to properly survey and even pin the lines so we can get this wrapped up. I'm open to recommendations if there's any out there.

Update:

The HOA president wanted to meet with us last night and discuss the issue. I explained what the problems were and why we had such an issue with it. I explained that we measured and found where we believe the property line was as well as the previous conversation we had back in April about not drilling into our fence. We went back and forth for a bit, so I'll save you from all of that.

In the end, the HOA president seem to side with me that I had every right to be upset. He suggested we go ahead and get it surveyed to figure out exactly where the line is. He was going to also check on the easement rules to see about blocking off the access to the boxes. He then said that until this is settled, my neighbor should take down the gate and the easement fencing immediately instead of waiting for this to get figured out. I said that sounds more than fair, but he tried to put up a fight because he was concerned about their dog getting to run around. His wife even told him to take it down right now since the dog can live on it's leash for a while longer. Came home today from work and the fencing is gone.

Overall, it went very well and I think he finally got the idea that he's not going to win. Working on finding someone to properly survey and even pin the lines so we can get this wrapped up. I'm open to recommendations if there's any out there.

WOW, your HOA is actually working for you. I've never heard of one going through that much work to act as a impartial party and work towards a solution.

Update:

Look up "land survey" in your yellow pages, or, you can call the city where you reside and ask who they would recommend, I paid $350 a few years back to have my pins marked.

Generally, they will only mark the 4 corners, not the lines.