coltboostin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 owners. Ugly wrap, and wheels that belong on a 350z 10 years ago

You can find much better.

Sounds perfect....

For a low ball :) The ricer in me LOVES Volks on a Lambo. I mean-fuckin' A.

It looks "well-enjoyed" by someone who had frosted tips and wore a visor most of the time.

http://bssonline.org/images/96_JLT_New_BW2.jpg;)

There are a couple on MANHEIM in the same price ballpark (84k, 94k) and one is in AKRON.e.

Link?

Yikes. The Volks look awful (probably due to the fact that they're basically flat), has a Unique Whips quality sound system, and the seat covers fit terribly and look worn/cheap. Are those factory? The whole car looks 10 years outdated.

It's a Gallardo and I don't mind the wrap, so it there are some positives.

That car is the vehicular equivalent of Pamela Anderson. People will debate the exterior appearance with good arguments on both sides, but everyone knows she's worn out and dead inside.

Also, that car probably has Hep C.

24 year old me would love this.

So no viper plans now?

Always exploring all options. ;)

Getting older as a car guy is fascinating:

- We all lusted from time to time with some weird cars in our youth. (Diablo, Viper, Syclone/Typhoon, 3000GT VR4, F355, Countach, Testarossa, ZR1, etc...)

- We watched these cars fall to rock-bottom prices in our early adulthood, yet passed on them for many reasons.

- We moaned when the same cars started to shoot up in value after 10 years or so, regretting that we didn't buy them earlier...

I watch some of the amazing modern exotics/muscle cars out there these days, and I'm making a list (Viper, UGR TT Gallardo 6-speed, Switzer700 911 Turbo, C7 Z06...). When the rest of the world starts oogling over the new 2022 Nissan Altima, I'll grab something cheap...

$87k for a ragged out Gallardo is nothing. I wouldn't be surprised to see them fall to $50-60k for good examples in the next few years...

i have seen them under 70k...early R8 heading down too. Aston Martin Vantage-really many Aston can be bought reasonably. GTR under 50k. How many headaches do you want?

Solid 3-Pedal Gallardo were never under 70k. Prices have slightly risen over the past year or so. A 3-Pedal Gallardo that doesn't have higher mileage, is still over $100k.

Over 14k Gallardos were made, it's not a rare car. I would never even think about buying one with, higher miles, rough interior and a sound system installed by Xzibit.

Attempting to resell it would be annoying. Bottom barrel priced cars bring those kinda buyers..... It would take forever to get rid of, and a rough example will end up needing some service, which isn't worth any minimal savings.

RUN

Getting older as a car guy is fascinating:

- We all lusted from time to time with some weird cars in our youth. (Diablo, Viper, Syclone/Typhoon, 3000GT VR4, F355, Countach, Testarossa, ZR1, etc...)

- We watched these cars fall to rock-bottom prices in our early adulthood, yet passed on them for many reasons.

- We moaned when the same cars started to shoot up in value after 10 years or so, regretting that we didn't buy them earlier...

I watch some of the amazing modern exotics/muscle cars out there these days, and I'm making a list (Viper, UGR TT Gallardo 6-speed, Switzer700 911 Turbo, C7 Z06...). When the rest of the world starts oogling over the new 2022 Nissan Altima, I'll grab something cheap...

$87k for a ragged out Gallardo is nothing. I wouldn't be surprised to see them fall to $50-60k for good examples in the next few years...

What you run into is people snatching up these cars at a "bargain" but completely unaware of or unwilling to maintain them. And often if you can buy it cheap that means the "other guy" wasn't into maintaining the toy either so how far down the road does the can get kicked before .... $$$s

24 year old me would love this.

Always exploring all options. ;)

If I knew you were interested in a Viper I could have given you a heads up. A friend of a friend was able to pick up a 1 year old GTS for $66k with a 5 year warranty. It was lemon lawed for a paint defect.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

why would mag even take this car in?

Because they like anyone else likely bought it from someone with fuck it money so they offered them idk 50k for its custom work and the person selling could care less they just wanted their new one now so they take 50 and move on while Mag stands to profit a good amount

If I knew you were interested in a Viper I could have given you a heads up. A friend of a friend was able to pick up a 1 year old GTS for $66k with a 5 year warranty. It was lemon lawed for a paint defect.

WTF?!

Yes, please keep me in the loop. IS that a salvage title car at that point?

WTF?!

Yes, please keep me in the loop. IS that a salvage title car at that point?

No, I dont believe its salvage, but it will indicate it was a buyback somehow.