College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully expect Alabama to lose 2+ games. I also expect Ohio State to lose 2+ games.

This should be an interesting year. The recent powerhouses are all going through a rebuilding year, save for Clemson and to a lesser degree, FSU and Stanford. If JT Barrett can stay healthy, he's my way-too-early Heisman pick merely because he'll be the running game and passing game. For better or for worse, his numbers are going to look bloated as hell.

Playoffs: In my way-too-early analysis, Stanford has the easiest road of the P5 teams by far. Like, by miles and miles. Their invite is theirs to lose. They've got a decent enough of a schedule to have some decent wins, but nobody else in the Pac-12 looks to be remotely close IMO. Clemson will battle FSU for an invite once again. If Oklahoma goes undefeated, they'll be #1, no matter who else is undefeated. The B1G will probably have a 1 or 2 loss champion this year, and they might be on the hot seat for getting a playoff invite. Nobody really stands out to me at the moment. SEC is also looking like a tossup. Georgia will no doubt shit the bed this year, but Florida, Alabama, LSU, and Ole Miss all look about even in my book.

What are we, like 27 days away or so?

EDIT: The 100% irrelevant final AP preseason poll: http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

I think Tenneessee is in the sec championship game this year against bama. Bama's D is suppose to be even nastier then last year and for the first time in awhile they have a stacked receiver group. QB is a mystery again and we will see how Bo Scarborough holds up as the main back.

I think the Pac 12 misses the playoff.

I can't wait to watch Oklahoma burn stomp the Buckeyes. Michigan takes the big 10 this year.

My four teams in the playoffs are

Clemson

Bama

Oklahoma

Michigan

Wild card teams Stanford and Houston.

NCG bama vs Clemson rematch.

Came to post this.

The recent powerhouses are all going through a rebuilding year, save for Clemson and to a lesser degree, FSU and Stanford.

Clemson has one decent year with Watkins and now they're a "powerhouse"? :lol:

If JT Barrett can stay healthy, he's my way-too-early Heisman pick merely because he'll be the running game and passing game. For better or for worse, his numbers are going to look bloated as hell.

This.

I think Tenneessee is in the sec championship game this year against bama. Bama's D is suppose to be even nastier then last year and for the first time in awhile they have a stacked receiver group. QB is a mystery again and we will see how Bo Scarborough holds up as the main back.

I think the Pac 12 misses the playoff.

I can't wait to watch Oklahoma burn stomp the Buckeyes. Michigan takes the big 10 this year.

My four teams in the playoffs are

Clemson

Bama

Oklahoma

Michigan

Wild card teams Stanford and Houston.

NCG bama vs Clemson rematch.

And the homer talk, anti-Buckeye bashing, girlfriends team loving begins. :lolguy:

I think Tenneessee is in the sec championship game this year against bama.

I feel like this might be the year Tennessee finally beats Florida. But if Florida can win that game I think they win the East, and I like their chances in the SEC title game. I also feel like LSU beats Alabama this year.

I think OSU loses to Oklahoma, and loses one other game at some point.

Les is in the hot seat so I wouldn't be surprised by a strong LSU season. They have the talent. LSU or bama will be the west champion.

I really think Tenneessee is going to be strong. I'm interested to see how Georgia does under Smart.

Les is in the hot seat so I wouldn't be surprised by a strong LSU season. They have the talent. LSU or bama will be the west champion.

I really think Tenneessee is going to be strong. I'm interested to see how Georgia does under Smart.

LSU is dumb. Les Miles is one of the top 10 coaches in college, hell he won them a title not that many years ago. Their offense is loaded but their QB has been awful, so I think their success kind of depends on how he plays this year.

I'm not sold on Tennessee being great, but they have lost to Florida 11 years in a row and play in Knoxville this year so I have a bad feeling they are due. Florida has got really lucky against them the past few years.

Georgia won't do much this year, but they will be really good in a couple years. That Eason dude (QB) they got is going to be really, really good. I think better than Stafford and Murray.

Not sure how we will do. Did hear Urban say 44 (I think) players at tOSU have never played a college game. Crazy.

If we lose 1 game it'd be a miracle. Right up there with Easter.

(Not that I truly believe that it will happen) this is the exact way people were talking about OSU two years ago lol. It is just funny to look back on in a thread just like this.

LSU or bama will be the west champion.

Well, duh. Not really rocket surgery there.

Likely 'bama since they play a bunch of teams that are hit or miss depending on the season.

(Not that I truly believe that it will happen) this is the exact way people were talking about OSU two years ago lol. It is just funny to look back on in a thread just like this.

As an tOSU fan, this. As a realist...well, we'll see. A lot of talent on tOSU this year, for sure. A lot of inexperienced talent.

Edited by Otis Nice

With the recruiting classes Urban has had, I just think they will be better than people expect. You have an experienced QB coming back with a ton of guys returning who were injured last year on offense. I worry about the defense the first half of the year. I cannot wait to see Noah Brown return - I was reading a lot about him last year.

I think way too many people are sleeping on Ohio State. Similarly, I think way too many people are drinking the Harbaugh/Michigan koolaid.

Ohio State underperformed last year, big time. I think a lot of it had to do with the way the QB situation was mishandled. It was a classic case of "if you have 2 QBs then you have none." Ohio State played super tight all year long, never really loosened up until after the Michigan State debacle, and by then it was too late.

I think Ohio State plays a whole lot more loose, aggressive, and lethal this year because they don't have expectations weighing them down and smothering them. I can easily see them winning the B10 and in the playoff.

Of the top 3 BIG10 teams, 1 is returning their signal caller... I am not real sure why there is so much hype around Michigan honestly. I fully expect them to lose 3-4 games this year. The biggest question for OSU is who is stepping up as play makers at WR and is Weber the real deal at RB? I think there will be bumps early on, similar to 2014 including a loss to Oklahoma. However, I feel once they find their groove they will be lights out with Barrett.

My playoff teams:

Clemson

Oklahoma

Ohio State (1 loss to Oklahoma early)

Bama

Two most over hyped teams pre-season: Michigan & Tennessee

On a side note, I just got asked to participate in a charity event next year playing flag football along side the likes of Mo C, Beanie Wells, Antonio Pittman, Dustin Fox, Matt Wilhelm, Cie Grant and a few other former players.

OSU lost a ton of guys. They play at Oklahoma early this year, 2nd game I think? I really don't see OSU winning that game.

They have a couple other tough games on the road. I think it's reasonable to expect them to lose 2 games this year. That's not bad, especially considering how inexperienced they are as a whole. At least they have a proven QB so you gotta feel good about that.

Two most over hyped teams pre-season: Michigan & Tennessee

For the past decade they've been saying it's Tennessee's year. Same with Georgia, they are overrated every preseason and always shit the bed. I'll believe it when I see it.

The Vols were on a hot streak last year and absolutely destroyed northwestern in the outback bowl. Joshua Dobbs is a legit QB and they have those two great running backs Hurd and whatever his name is. There D was playing great football at the end of last season. I really feel they are going to prove a bunch of people wrong, they have all the talent of a great team.

The Vols were on a hot streak last year and absolutely destroyed northwestern in the outback bowl. Joshua Dobbs is a legit QB and they have those two great running backs Hurd and whatever his name is. There D was playing great football at the end of last season. I really feel they are going to prove a bunch of people wrong' date=' they have all the talent of a great team.[/quote']

Dobbs looked pretty awful throwing the ball whenever I watched him last year. His receivers certainly didn't help him much either.

You guys saying Bama (other than Jive, since he's a homer and can't put together an actual argument) - why? They have no QB or RB. Are you saying Bama because they'll be the best in a round-robin of losses in the SEC this year (which, I can see happening to the SEC and B1G this year) or because they're ACTUALLY good?

You guys saying Bama (other than Jive, since he's a homer and can't put together an actual argument) - why? They have no QB or RB. Are you saying Bama because they'll be the best in a round-robin of losses in the SEC this year (which, I can see happening to the SEC and B1G this year) or because they're ACTUALLY good?

I'm not so sure they even make the SEC title game. LSU will beat them, Tennessee might, and possibly even USC or Ole Miss.

The thing about Bama is they always win a title with some first year guy at QB. They are good again this year, but LSU is better.

Um, Ohio State doesn't have a question mark at QB. And they had a huge question mark at QB for a large portion of last season (which I think was a big problem).

Edit: just re-read, and saw that you said almost every team. So, I've already made a mistake, and it's just the first page. Feels great.

I think LSU does well this year and wins the SEC.