College Football 2016/17

Lauren

I was pulling for Texas for several reasons:

1. There's never a bad time for Notre Dame to lose.

2. As an Ohio State fan, I want Notre Dame to have as many losses as possible. An undefeated Notre Dame is a lock for the playoff, and thus would take away a slot.

3. As an Ohio State fan, I want Strong to turn it around at Texas just enough to take him off the hot seat so that the Texas job doesn't become available and, hence, Herman doesn't take it. Rather, I'd like for Herman to hang out at Houston for a couple more years and wait for Meyer to retire here and then return to be the head coach at Ohio State.

Some other takeaways:

1. Baylor can die in a car fire. I didn't like them before, now I just despise them. They are trying to play this "us against the world" mentality. Yes, because rapists should all band together and fight against the oppression. The struggle is real.

2. Penn State fans are delusional. It's embarrassing how blind they are to the whole Joe Pa shit. I lost what little respect I had for that program a long time ago.

3. Alabama looks scary good on defense. It's amazing what they have going on there right now.

4. It was great to see USC get their asses handed to them. Though, had that game been played in, say, 2003, I bet it's USC that handed out the curbstomping. Alabama was down and out then, just kind of like USC is now.

5. All the upsets in the opening weekend are great, but also just more evidence that preseason rankings are stupid.

6. I love how Ohio State played. What's not to love, right? I'll pump my brakes before declaring JT the Heisman winner and Ohio State a lock for the playoff. However, it's a pretty good start to both. It's clear we have a shit ton of talent and how those recruiting classes are paying dividends. I'm excited to see this team play.

7. The two QB crap last year fucked us up, I think. Psychologically, it has to just really mess with both QBs, which, in turn, affects their play negatively. Think about what would have happened had this been last year: JT throws that pick and would have got yanked with the quickness. This year, though, he's clearly the starter, so it's not like he has to worry about looking over his shoulder, etc. So, he goes back out and proceeds to throw 6 TD passes, runs for another, and sets a couple of records in the process. I don't think that happens last year.

8. I think last year's team was complacent, played tight, and had one foot out the door on the way to the next level. Hopefully, the youth on this team will translate into hunger and a desire to dominate.

100% this. You might be my spirit animal.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP POLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

1 Alabama

2 Clemson

3 FSU

4 Ohio St

5 Michigan

6 Houston

7 Stanford

8 Wash

9 UGA

10 Wisconsin

11 Texas

12 MSU

13 Louisville

14 Oklahoma

15 TCU

16 Iowa

17 Tennessee

18 Notre Dame

19 Ole Miss

20Texas A&M

21 LSU

22 Oklahoma St.

23 Baylor

24 Oregon

25 Miami

Some thoughts:

- I kind of like that the AP voters were just like "fuck it let's just slot Texas and Wisconsin in here because last week we didn't know either of them existed"

- top 5 seems about right

- top 10 seems about right, too, I guess.

- LSU should be nowhere close to the top 25. Wisconsin dominated them, really

- Ole Miss likely shouldn't have dropped that far. FSU has a solid team and were playing what amounted to a home game

- LOL Tennessee where dat hype train goin'

1st half, sunny nice day...shitty play. 2nd half, terrible weather. ..great play haha

Things ive taken away this year for OSU

1. Secondary is better than last year. Lattimore, Hooker and Conley will be playing on sundays very soon.

2. Samuel Curtis is a bad mother fucker with the ballin bis hands. Easily best play maker on offense

3. Dontre Wilson is solid when healthy

4. Lil Bosa needs to play more

5. This team is young, but scary talented and will be fun to watch not only this year but the coming years

Oh and Bama still sucks

Went to the game Saturday but left and went home to watch the rest after the first quarter. I saw that brutal storm coming in fast and I knew the weather was going to suck the rest of the day.

It's nice though that we can not look particularly good and still win 48-3. Last year if we didn't look good, we were winning something like 24-17 against the same level of competition.

Our defense looks extremely solid. I know its just BG and Tulsa, but those two schools are known to have two of the best offenses outside of the P5 and we gave up 2 field goals to them combined on defense.

I'm getting so pumped for this weekend. It's just hard for me to imagine an Alpha like Urban losing to a Beta like Stoops, but who knows. It's college football so anything can happen. Our D line needs to put pressure on Mayfield and force him to toss up some balls for our opportunistic secondary. Offense just needs to get going early and try to get Samuel involved early any way they can.

Northwestern LOL and F Penn State. I cheer for the team playing them more than I cheer for a team playing Michigan.

OK St & Central Michigan was a fun game to watch even if the refs got it wrong at the end. I still see Mike Gundy and instantly think "I'm a Man! I'm 40!"

TCU-Arkansas was just crazy. I don't think there will be a 1 loss team in the Big 12 this year. Texas has been good so far but I can see them losing to Oklahoma and at least one other game.

Louisville-FSU is going to be who ever gets to 50 first I think.

And it might just be me but Art Briles just looks rapey. His un-sincere apology was faker than Donald Trump's hair. F that guy.

Debating on going to Cincy Thursday night just to watch Houston play. Can get tickets for $40(ish) and it's not a bad drive down there.

Week 3 picks:

#2 FSU vs #10 Louisville

#1 Bama vs #19 Ole Miss

#12 Michigan St vs #18 Notre Dame

#3 Ohio St vs #14 Oklahoma

Upset special

#22 Oregon vs Nebraska

Debating on going to Cincy Thursday night just to watch Houston play. Can get tickets for $40(ish) and it's not a bad drive down there.

Week 3 picks:

#2 FSU vs #10 Louisville

#1 Bama vs #19 Ole Miss

#12 Michigan St vs #18 Notre Dame

#3 Ohio St vs #14 Oklahoma

Upset special

#22 Oregon vs Nebraska

Exact same picks, including your upset special. I wasn't so sure about beating Oklahoma before the season started, but after 2 weeks of eye tests, I am expecting a 2-possession win (10+).

I'll even appease Jive a little bit too. Alabama wins by 21+.

Bama has lost past two years to Ole Miss. I swear ole Miss only prepares for this game all season. I think Bama wins but it's going to be close and it's going to be decided in the fourth.

I think you're less optimistic than most of us. Chad Kelley is good for a minimum of 2 INT's and their defense is weak. Look at what FSU did in the 2nd quarter.