College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wtf was Brandon Harris thinking throwing that ball LOL. What a dumb ass. That one play just cost his team his season. Les is gone after this year.

Fournette hurt, false start moved the ball to the edge of the kicker's range. Risky, but it made perfect sense.

OSU may be a faster, better team than last years squad. I know its 1 game and against BGSU but this team looks faster than last years team. You give tgese young guys some more experience amd they coukd be very special.

SEC LOL!!! I am pulling for USC tonight hardcore. Whens the last time #1, #3 and #5 all wemt down opening weekend? I am assuming Bama loses lol.

You all know in a bama fan, but I don't have high expectations for this team this year. This is the first team we are breaking in a new qb and rb's. And given how Hurts did his first series lol and Blake played so far this is going to be hard to watch.

Agreed but I think they lose to LSU honestly

No way Bama loses to LSU. LSU is completely flat of offense and that has carried over from last year.

If there is a game that scares me is Auburn. They hung in there with Clemson all game. Auburns D looked real good and if Gus would wuit fucking with rotating QB's in and sticks to Franklin and Johnson they could have a pretty scary offense running the option( which Bama doesn't do well against).

I was pulling for Texas for several reasons:

1. There's never a bad time for Notre Dame to lose.

2. As an Ohio State fan, I want Notre Dame to have as many losses as possible. An undefeated Notre Dame is a lock for the playoff, and thus would take away a slot.

3. As an Ohio State fan, I want Strong to turn it around at Texas just enough to take him off the hot seat so that the Texas job doesn't become available and, hence, Herman doesn't take it. Rather, I'd like for Herman to hang out at Houston for a couple more years and wait for Meyer to retire here and then return to be the head coach at Ohio State.

Some other takeaways:

1. Baylor can die in a car fire. I didn't like them before, now I just despise them. They are trying to play this "us against the world" mentality. Yes, because rapists should all band together and fight against the oppression. The struggle is real.

2. Penn State fans are delusional. It's embarrassing how blind they are to the whole Joe Pa shit. I lost what little respect I had for that program a long time ago.

3. Alabama looks scary good on defense. It's amazing what they have going on there right now.

4. It was great to see USC get their asses handed to them. Though, had that game been played in, say, 2003, I bet it's USC that handed out the curbstomping. Alabama was down and out then, just kind of like USC is now.

5. All the upsets in the opening weekend are great, but also just more evidence that preseason rankings are stupid.

6. I love how Ohio State played. What's not to love, right? I'll pump my brakes before declaring JT the Heisman winner and Ohio State a lock for the playoff. However, it's a pretty good start to both. It's clear we have a shit ton of talent and how those recruiting classes are paying dividends. I'm excited to see this team play.

7. The two QB crap last year fucked us up, I think. Psychologically, it has to just really mess with both QBs, which, in turn, affects their play negatively. Think about what would have happened had this been last year: JT throws that pick and would have got yanked with the quickness. This year, though, he's clearly the starter, so it's not like he has to worry about looking over his shoulder, etc. So, he goes back out and proceeds to throw 6 TD passes, runs for another, and sets a couple of records in the process. I don't think that happens last year.

8. I think last year's team was complacent, played tight, and had one foot out the door on the way to the next level. Hopefully, the youth on this team will translate into hunger and a desire to dominate.

I agree. Some of my buddies who like other schools were like "but it was Bowling Green." Yeah, sure but we didn't look that efficient on offense until the last 2 games of the season last year and we played some cupcakes worse or as bad as BG.

Weber looks very good. Looks like we will be fine at RB as McCall looked like a great backup and a slasher that could make a big play any time he touches the ball.

Samuel looked amazing and looks like he'll be the go-to guy. His performance reminded me a lot of what Braxton should have been last year. Crazy what difference coaching can do.

Receivers all looked solid and we have no shortage of them.

Malik Hooker could be a top 10 draft pick next year

Nick Bosa looked like Joey when he got in late

Can't wait to see if we can keep the train rolling against Tulsa. Oklahoma will be ready to play week 3 knowing if they lose their playoff hopes are likely gone. It's just hard for me to see Urban losing to Big Game Bob

I was pulling for Texas for several reasons:

1. There's never a bad time for Notre Dame to lose.

2. As an Ohio State fan, I want Notre Dame to have as many losses as possible. An undefeated Notre Dame is a lock for the playoff, and thus would take away a slot.

3. As an Ohio State fan, I want Strong to turn it around at Texas just enough to take him off the hot seat so that the Texas job doesn't become available and, hence, Herman doesn't take it. Rather, I'd like for Herman to hang out at Houston for a couple more years and wait for Meyer to retire here and then return to be the head coach at Ohio State.

Some other takeaways:

1. Baylor can die in a car fire. I didn't like them before, now I just despise them. They are trying to play this "us against the world" mentality. Yes, because rapists should all band together and fight against the oppression. The struggle is real.

2. Penn State fans are delusional. It's embarrassing how blind they are to the whole Joe Pa shit. I lost what little respect I had for that program a long time ago.

3. Alabama looks scary good on defense. It's amazing what they have going on there right now.

4. It was great to see USC get their asses handed to them. Though, had that game been played in, say, 2003, I bet it's USC that handed out the curbstomping. Alabama was down and out then, just kind of like USC is now.

5. All the upsets in the opening weekend are great, but also just more evidence that preseason rankings are stupid.

6. I love how Ohio State played. What's not to love, right? I'll pump my brakes before declaring JT the Heisman winner and Ohio State a lock for the playoff. However, it's a pretty good start to both. It's clear we have a shit ton of talent and how those recruiting classes are paying dividends. I'm excited to see this team play.

7. The two QB crap last year fucked us up, I think. Psychologically, it has to just really mess with both QBs, which, in turn, affects their play negatively. Think about what would have happened had this been last year: JT throws that pick and would have got yanked with the quickness. This year, though, he's clearly the starter, so it's not like he has to worry about looking over his shoulder, etc. So, he goes back out and proceeds to throw 6 TD passes, runs for another, and sets a couple of records in the process. I don't think that happens last year.

8. I think last year's team was complacent, played tight, and had one foot out the door on the way to the next level. Hopefully, the youth on this team will translate into hunger and a desire to dominate.

My commentary on your commentary;

1. Truer words have never been spoken.

2. As a football fan and a hater of elitist attitudes that are unwarranted, I agree. Notre Dame football hasn't been relevant since the 80's (No, domer fan, you weren't relevant in 2013 either, except to take the NC title game slot away from some other team that actually deserved to be there, and you DEFINITELY weren't relevant last year, when the Buckeyes didn't really even break a sweat while delivering the mushroom stamp to you)...time for domer fan to get a fucking clue.

3. Unfortunately, having just spent two years living in the PDRoT, I cannot agree. The only thing more intolerable than Notre Dame football fan is (Insert any school from Texas here) fan. Honestly, I was rooting for a meteor to win that game, despite the fact that Austin may actually be the only decent thing Texas has going for it. (I humbly submit to the court:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/09/02/a-texas-teacher-named-her-class-the-j-word-her-racial-slur-defense-ignorance/ )

Bonus track: Listening to Penn State fan justify the love for Joe Pa is like listening to The Donald try to convince minorities that he is the candidate they should vote for. And also, Baylor should just go out and get Brock Turner's lawyer on retainer....just in case.