College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed but I think they lose to LSU honestly

In what, baseball? Not to defend Alabama, but let's be real. LSU looks like utter shit. They handed Wisconsin the entire first half, and then the win, from stupid mistakes.

EDIT: A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C!

I honestly did not know who to root for last night. Part of me wanted FL ST to lose so ohio moves up in the polls, but the other part of me wanted OM to lose because well their sec. I guess when OM beats bama now it will make them look worse.

Nonsense, Alabama could lose to Alcorn State right now and still make the playoffs.

They'll likely lose to Ole Miss, and then ESPN will be sure to tell us this is because of how rigorous the SEC West is, and how Ole Miss "has their number," and how Alabama "didn't want to be there," etc., etc.

Ole Miss didn't look terrible. I agree, their QB is an idiot. He's like Christian Hackenburg: the longer he is in college the worse he appears to play.

Florida State has a lot of talent. I think they are one of the few teams that has the talent/athleticism to be able to play with the likes of Alabama.

Why do college football fans care about conferences so much? Always talking about this conference being overrated, that conference being weak, this conference better than another, rooting for/against schools because of their conference, etc. I'll never understand it.

Why do college football fans care about conferences so much? Always talking about this conference being overrated, that conference being weak, this conference better than another, rooting for/against schools because of their conference, etc. I'll never understand it.

Because that is the benchmark they use to determine which of the 4 conferences gets into the playoffs. Remember, there are 5 power conferences and only 4 spots. Plus, we have a wildcard this year in Houston. So it will forever be a conference debate, because chances are, most who get in will have 1 loss. So, the tie breaker is schedule, and ultimately conference because that's where majority of games are played.

It had a lot to do with the post-season until very recently. That said, even with a 4 team playoff, it still seems at least two spots too short, even while being vastly superior to the old BCS BS.

In a way this will never change, one league or another will always get some brownie points for being at a glance "tougher" than it's counterparts. With college sports it's even more tribally regional, due to very nature of collegiate sports (hometowns, my state, my conference). We still see this in the NFL, NBA and virtually every major sport though, to a degree. It's really just a way for fans to bicker over trivial BS.

LOLSEC.

Jive...where u at bruh?

Us national dance competition in Orlando. Getting to watch pieces of games here and there. I saw the game last night until the half and then went to bed. Woke up to ole miss choking. Perhaps those in reds could quit drinking at the half next time.

Plus, we have a wildcard this year in Houston.

Houston will be part of the Big 12 next year, go ahead an quote me on it. The Big 12 needs them, and if they want to keep Tom Herman, they need the Big 12. The win against Oklahoma was as much an interview as it was a football game.

Conference discussion is a topic because the likes of ESPN have forced it down everyones throats that the SEC as a whole is the dominant conference the past 10 years...

I will stick with my LSU pick over Bama, crazy or not I just think LSU pulls that out of their asses.

Top 5 in my opinion after week 1

FSU

Bama

Clemson

tOSU

Houston

It had a lot to do with the post-season until very recently. That said, even with a 4 team playoff, it still seems at least two spots too short, even while being vastly superior to the old BCS BS.

In a way this will never change, one league or another will always get some brownie points for being at a glance "tougher" than it's counterparts. With college sports it's even more tribally regional, due to very nature of collegiate sports (hometowns, my state, my conference). We still see this in the NFL, NBA and virtually every major sport though, to a degree. It's really just a way for fans to bicker over trivial BS.

Not really a crazy pick...they've talked about that for awhile and we all know the Big 12 wants to expand. If they do, it'll be Houston for sure.

I've got Michigan 5 and Houston 6. I know Houston had a quality win, but Michigan did everything they were supposed to on their end (read: played a cupcake and dismantled said cupcake). They don't deserve getting jumped off one game.

I agree. I don't think Houston jumps Michigan but not OSU. One or the other. I think it'll be Houston at 6.

You all know in a bama fan' date=' but I don't have high expectations for this team this year. This is the first team we are breaking in a new qb and rb's. And given how Hurts did his first series lol and Blake played so far this is going to be hard to watch.[/quote']

I'm betting they'll make the playoffs but won't win it all.