#18 Utah @ Cal

Game of the Week

#3 Louisville @ #5 Clemson

Upset Pick

Memphis @ #16 Ole Miss

Under the Radar Game to Watch

Michigan State @ Indiana[/Quote]

Agreed on both counts here.

Ok other three names being tossed Bobby petrino, Art Briles and Tom Herman.

Dark horse is Lane Kiffin. I think he is ready to take the next step. And after a year for Sarkasian being with Alabama right now he can redeem himself and be Lanes OC at LSU.

Didn't Kiffin try "the next step" before?

I think USC is looking for their next Pete Carroll which is definitely not Les lol.

Debatable. Pete at USC had a .836 winning percentage with a SOS of 5.87. Les at LSU held a .770 winning percentage with a SOS of 6.07.

LSU is stupid. All these names except Herman are a downgrade from Miles.

This guy gets it.

"Hi Urban, this is LSU. We would like to talk to you about our opening"

"New Phone, who dis?"

:lol:

Week 5 Picks:

But what about tOSU vs Rutgers?

Debatable. Pete at USC had a .836 winning percentage with a SOS of 5.87. Les at LSU held a .770 winning percentage with a SOS of 6.07.

I was more referring to their coaching style/personality, not their success. I don't think Les is a southern cal guy. At least it doesn't seem that way.

I can understand that.

Although with Les' success in the SEC I'd have to think he'd at least do OK at USC.

I think he would do fine there, but USC is known for great QBs when they are good and Les has struggling more than any good coach I can think of in College Football with recruiting a decent quarterback.

I think Penn State would be perfect for Les. It's relatively close to his hometown (Elyria, Ohio) and Penn State is very similar in a lot of ways to LSU as far as traditional style of play. I would love for him to come to the B1G. That would absolutely solidify the B1G as the conference with the best coaches if it isn't already.

I think he would do fine there, but USC is known for great QBs when they are good and Les has struggling more than any good coach I can think of in College Football with recruiting a decent quarterback.

I think Penn State would be perfect for Les. It's relatively close to his hometown (Elyria, Ohio) and Penn State is very similar in a lot of ways to LSU as far as traditional style of play. I would love for him to come to the B1G. That would absolutely solidify the B1G as the conference with the best coaches if it isn't already.

^ this.

Penn State should offer him whatever it takes to get him there. Franklin is not the answer. Miles would turn that program around

^ this.

Penn State should offer him whatever it takes to get him there. Franklin is not the answer. Miles would turn that program around

Would he? Crappy quarterback play, great running back, ok to decent defense. What's different from what he was doing at LSU? Slightly better recruiting ranking?

Alright, I'll start with coaching names that will be out there looking for work.

Briles

Herman

Miles

Sark

PJ Fleck (W. Michigan)

Lincoln Riley (OU)

Matt Rhule (Temple)

Jeff Brohm (W. Kentucky)

Scott Satterfield (App St.)

Troy Calhoun (Air Force)

Chad Morris (SMU)

Cumbie and Meachum (both O coordinators at TCU)

Sanford (ND)

Venables (Clemson)

Bob Shoop (Tenn)

Schiano

Gene Chizik

Kiffin

Anyone I missed?

Greg Schiano?

definitely possible although I really hope he stays 1 more year. The way our defense is playing right now is on another level and I think he has to get credit for a lot of it. He's simplified the defense and let the athletes go out and make plays which they have done.

I doubt chip Kelly goes to USC. He is a god in Eugene. If anything he goes and rights the ship at Oregon or he goes crazy and takes over at Auburn. His coaching style would be a hit at Auburn.

I was listening to college station on XM and they were talking about Fleck to Notre Dame. That would be interesting.

Also the Commish of the Big 12 has flip flopped and states he doesn't want to expand. If that's the case Herman isn't staying at Houston and not in a P5 school. Evidently Hermans wife is from SoCal and they have family there. Herman to USC makes a lot of sense.

Also the Commish of the Big 12 has flip flopped and states he doesn't want to expand

If I were one of the AD's in that conference, I would immediately enter a vote of "no confidence" in this commissioner. That is just plain stupid.

If they don't, though, and Houston isn't included in the big 12, there is no way Herman lasts another year. If I were Houston, I would be putting a hit out on the Big 12 Commish.

I did include him, yes? Or were you clarifying that I meant "Greg" Schiano, and not some other dude who's last name is Schiano?

Nope, completely missed him on the list.

I can see Chad Morris at Baylor. Spread Guy, Texas guy, seems like a good fit.