College Football 2016/17

Lauren

Lackluster 21 point victory today, thankfully the talent level wasn't close. Hopefully that is the only time we see that Ohio State team show up. The play calling was terrible and the execution was even worse. I was so pumped when Hooker took the INT to the house, then really sad when they threw the flag, damn refs!

Arkansas is getting worked sadly and until they lost Tennessee was reminding me of the 2002 Ohio State team with their narrow ass victories and luck.

How about Houston?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An efficient basic offense. They don't need any gimmicks. And when stacked with their D they are nasty.

When they are playing a team that cannot match up athletically I agree. You saw that in OSU versus Indiana - OSU showed nothing. The question is: can Alabama change it up when they meet their equal athletically

It's fortunate for Bama that the SEC is down this year, otherwise they would be exposed. They are far and above the rest of the SEC talent wise, not so sure when it comes to national powers. If I had to pick a top 4 right now

1. Bama/OSU

2. OSU/Bama

3. Michigan

4. Clemson

Michigan is suspect as well right now because they haven't really faced anyone. I don't think anyone will know how good they truly are until the end of November.

Random fact, ESPN's Game day will be in Wisconsin next saturday instead of Tennessee for the Tenn/Bama game.

I think Osu has a high power fast offense but they have faced nobody with a good D. The o my good team would be Oklohoma and their d gives up 40+ points a game to anybody. Michigans D on the other hand is stout.

how about how fast Oregon has fallen as well as sparty. Man those programs really went to shit quickly

This weeks picks:

#25 Va Tech vs #17 UNC

#9 Tennessee vs #8 TAMU

#1 Bama vs #16 Arkansas

Upset Special: Florida State over Miami

Damn it North Carolina!!

Lot of top 25's went down today

#6 Houston

#9 Tennessee

#10 Miami

#16 Arkansas

#17 N. Carolina

#21 Colorado

Don't look now but Boise St is 5-0 and Tulsa may sneak in to the top 25 being 4-1 heading in to Houston next weekend.

I think Osu has a high power fast offense but they have faced nobody with a good D. The o my good team would be Oklohoma and their d gives up 40+ points a game to anybody. Michigans D on the other hand is stout.

how about how fast Oregon has fallen as well as sparty. Man those programs really went to shit quickly

OSU's defense is legit, especially the secondary. Like I said, we won't know just how good Michigan is, until they play Ohio State. I don't think Michigan has the offense to hang with Ohio State and I think OSU has enough talent to put points up against Michigan.

I was actually talking to my wife today about programs that have fallen off . Miami, USC, Texas, Oregon, Notre Dame... I can't wait until Bama goes back to the team of the 90's and early/mid 2000's when no one gave a shit about them haha.

Tennessee can still find its way into the playoff.

There were some shellackings this weekend:

- Washington's beat down of Oregon

- Michigan's obliteration of Rutgers

- and this one was shocking to me: Washington State's curb-stomping of Stanford

Add Stanford to Oregon and Sparty as programs that have had recent success that have fallen on rough times this year.

Advanced stats that adjust for opponent strength have Indiana's defense in the top 30. Their offense too.

My top 10

1) Alabama - Will stay #1 until proven otherwise

2) Ohio State - Championship caliber defense and running game that'll keep them in any game with anyone.

3) Michigan - Have looked very impressive thus far. Great coaching should keep them hanging around the top 5 all season.

4) Clemson - Talented team that seems to be getting better as the year goes on

5) Washington - The class of the PAC 12 and it's not close

6) TAMU - They just keep winning, but they have the meat of their schedule coming up to prove themselves worthy of a real playoff contender

7) Louisville - Talented/fast team on both sides of the ball. Would be a scary matchup for anyone on a neutral field.

8) Wisconsin - Championship caliber defense will keep them in any game

9) Nebraska - Not sold on them, but they continue to win

10) Houston/Tennessee - both had tough losses to good teams so it's hard to drop them out of the top 10/11 looking at what is behind them

Indiana's defense is not bad at all. I think Indiana will win a decent amount of games this year. I won't be shocked if they finish 2nd in the East. A solid defense will win a lot of games.

So Ohio State looked fairly pedestrian yesterday on offense. I'm fine with that, provided it doesn't become a habit. It might be a bit of a wake-up call for Ohio State, who might have gotten a little too accustomed to hearing how great they are and where in the legends of the game they'll be mentioned at the end of the season. This game reminded me a lot of the Michigan State game last year, with the obvious difference being we found a way to finally distance ourselves and put the team away. Hopefully, that's cause for optimism moving forward.

Indiana's defense is not bad at all. I think Indiana will win a decent amount of games this year. I won't be shocked if they finish 2nd in the East. A solid defense will win a lot of games.

You wouldn't be surprised if Indiana finished ahead of Michigan in the B1G East? :confused:

All Indiana has to do is beat Michigan and they'd be in second, all things being equal. You'd be be shocked if Indiana beats Michigan? I'd be surprised if that happened but not shocked.

Who else is in contention to win the east? Penn State? Probably not. Sparty is a car fire. Maryland just got exposed. And Rutgers is, well, Rutgers. I think it's reasonable to see a scenario in which Indiana comes in 2nd. Hell Ohio State could drop 2 B10 games in the next 2 weeks.