College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully its sunny and 50 with no wind. If so we have a shot

It just depends on what team shows up so to speak. The talent is there, we have minimally level talent, and I would easily argue better talent then scUM. Then its coaching, then the environment.

scUM's back up QB is a big question mark, curious to watch them play IU today, in similar conditions to the MSU game.

We have them at home, and Urban will have the team ready. I still believe they looked past this week and have had their minds on scUM for sometime now...

I wont watch the game because I will loose my mind, but I bet we win it by 10-15 points.

May be time for a new thread honestly. Also, how the hell does Michigan have 43 seniors lol. That is an ungodly amount of seniors on a single team isn't it? To put that in perspective, OSU has over 40 freshman eligible players. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum

It's like there's an echo in this joint or something haha.

So I was reading an article posted by MSN in regards to this weekends games. Talk about some terrible writing. Some gems:

"Ohio State was nearly knocked off by Michigan State — a team that has won just three games this year. Penn State looked a lot like Michigan in a soul-crushing shutout over Rutgers. Michigan handled its business after last weekend’s shocker against Iowa."

Everyone looks like a defensive juggernaut against Rutgers haha.

"Michigan got past a scrappy Indiana team on Saturday evening, winning the game that was highlighted by wind and snowy conditions."

Umm, the same Indiana team OSU thumped by 21 (yes conditions were better), however were the conditions at the OSU/MSU game ideal?

"If not for a failed two-point conversion by the Spartans, Ohio State would have lost this game."

This is a known fact? There was still over 4 minutes left in the game...

The Wolverines will be coming to Columbus next weekend with a chance to claim the Big 12 East with a victory. If the Buckeyes continue to struggle offensively like we’ve seen so many times this year, then they will lose.

Umm....

It's like there's an echo in this joint or something haha.

So I was reading an article posted by MSN in regards to this weekends games. Talk about some terrible writing. Some gems:

"Ohio State was nearly knocked off by Michigan State — a team that has won just three games this year. Penn State looked a lot like Michigan in a soul-crushing shutout over Rutgers. Michigan handled its business after last weekend’s shocker against Iowa."

Everyone looks like a defensive juggernaut against Rutgers haha.

"Michigan got past a scrappy Indiana team on Saturday evening, winning the game that was highlighted by wind and snowy conditions."

Umm, the same Indiana team OSU thumped by 21 (yes conditions were better), however were the conditions at the OSU/MSU game ideal?

"If not for a failed two-point conversion by the Spartans, Ohio State would have lost this game."

This is a known fact? There was still over 4 minutes left in the game...

The Wolverines will be coming to Columbus next weekend with a chance to claim the Big 12 East with a victory. If the Buckeyes continue to struggle offensively like we’ve seen so many times this year, then they will lose.

Umm....

Washington is so overrated!!! I mean, 10 of the 12 sec teams would totally dismantle them.

Get over yourself. Please.

My student absolutely would not tell me his name. Is talking about an unnamed persons injuries a violation?

Anyone hear about the Isaiah Pead accident here in Columbus last night. RB for dolphins and Rams, former rb at cincy. Well my student was his trauma nurse last night at Grant. She told me how gruesome it was. Dude had his right leg completely ripped off from knee down, both femurs destroyed and tib and fib in left leg snapped. He was ejected from the car. L4,5 fractured. Not sure how much Info the news let out yet. He was drunk and lost control.

Geeto V2.0.

Did you seriously just say the B1G will be left out of the playoff? Dude what the hell are you smoking? The committee won't leave the far and away best conference out of the playoff. I hope that was some sort of joke or you literally have lost ALL credibility

I've learned he's nothing more than a troll. History has proven this. Time and again he's wrong. Let it be. lol

Do you really think a 2 loss penn st or Wisconsin team that would be a b1g champion gets into the playoff over a two loss champion like Oklohoma who should win the b12 champion?

Yes ya dumb, because the B1G is clearly the best conference this year and the Pac12 is garbage. It's pretty sad when the second biggest 'Bama/SEC homer (Finebaum) even admits this. I thought he was the biggest, blindest homer. You have once again proven that to be untrue.

The committee has stressed conference championships as the number one criteria.

Where?

And let's not forget OSU has look like world beaters to sub par teams. 4-5 games they have played against with any sort of talent they have been ho hum.

Have you WATCHED 'Bama this year? HAHAHAHA! I just can't take you seriously in this thread man. Jeez...

OSU was by far a much much better team then Michigan ST last year. It wasn't even a question but they got left out because Spartans were conference champions. What makes you think OSU is going to jump a conference champion from any division? Serious question... Especially since they haven't been world beaters all year. Blowing out Rutgers and Maryland isn't exactly amazing. Fuck every B1G gets to pad there win column having to play arguably the worst college football team in any conference the mighty Rutgers.

Chatta-fuckin-nooooooga. Stop posting please.

I think 1 loss Ohio State would get in over Wisconsin if Wisconsin wins the B1G and if Oklahoma wins the B12. OSU would have wins over 2 conference champs on the road, 4 top 15 wins, and only 1 loss.

4 top TEN wins. Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and TTUN all ranked top ten at time of play. Weak schedule though. 'Bama has definitely done this as well.

I see you have zero understanding of football and just a buckeye homer. The CFP weighs conference championships as the first and most important part

:lolguy: The irony is too much. :lol:

Shouldn't one of the top four teams be a conference champion? I mean if you can't even win your conference why should you be allowed to play for a national title.

I think Bon conference losses are much better the. Conference losses.

No. If Western Michigan wins out, wins their conference, and never once has to play a ranked team they should NOT be in over a 1 or 2 loss team with FOUR top 10 match ups. You're delusional. It's all good, but you're delusional.

The SEC would never go for that, they are too busy scheduling FCS opponents to end their seasons

Bingo. Although this year the SEC is gar-bage so it's irrelevant. They'd have to go OOC to get a quality team.

In fairness to Lauren, Bama did schedule USC for the first game of the year while we played Bowling Green

I agree that BG isn'ty exactly a premier game, but what has USC done since Carroll left?

And then played Oklahoma... OSU has done a great job scheduling marquee opponents. The proboem sometimes is a team sucks 10 years after you schedule them (Cal, Va Tech).

Don't forget we scheduled Washington when they were good, played them early in a season in which they were trash, and now they're good again.

I know, I was at that game haha. That home/home series was scheduled in 2002, Va Tech went 10-4 in 2002, 2014 they were 7-6. So you really have no idea just how good/bad a team is going to be when you schedule those type of big game match ups. You just hope that a school can remain decent that long.

Nobody stays decent that long except tOSU. Wrote a term paper on schools with .500 or better seasons. tOSU holds the record by like a millennia and a half. :lol:

Listen guys I'm not trolling here ok. Ohio state is 9-1. 5 of those games that were blow outs were against garbage teams( yes Nebraska is a garbage team). It's very easy to run up the score against teams like Maryland, Rutgers, and whatever else Mac schools they opened against. However the 5 other teams that had any sort of quality players and it was extremely close. They went 4-1 against teams with a pulse. The Wisconsin game and northwestern game could have easily gone the other way. They did a fine job man handling Oklohoma at the start of the season so I'll give credit to where credit is due.

They have look brilliant against lesser teams, just like I expected Bama to look brilliant against Chattanooga this weekend.

Ohio state hasn't been consistent all year. It's easy to get caught up in the hype machine when they shut out Rutgers and ring up a bunch of points.

Oh and check out some the the schedules of teams they have wins against. Wisconsin and Oklohoma are the only good wins Ohio st has. The rest are garbage teams.

Show me how bad tOSU's schedule is compared to 'Bama's. I'll wait.

You're a joke man. Hahahaha. I'm not even mad. I'm literally laughing at your posts.

Western KY "Hilltoppers"? Ole Miss? Kent State "Golden Flashes"? Kentucky? Arkansas? Tenn? A&M? LSU who fired their coach mid season? Miss State? CHATTANOOGA?! Hell of a tough year for ol' Saban. Don't know HOW the hell they're undefeated with such a GRUELING schedule. :lolguy:

Welp Lamars heisman chances are about over. Hello Jalen Hurts

http://www.zastavki.com/pictures/1680x1050/2009/Cartoons_Funny_Homer_018583_.jpg

Clemson is trash. They should be a four loss team at this point. I do not think they are a top 4 team by any means.

Hurts has some pretty impressive stats but he is also a true freshman. Leading the number one team

In the country and undefeated at this point. It's not just about stats

Lauren: "Playoffs are about stats."

Lauren: "Heisman isn't about stats."

Heisman is for the best player int he country...with the best stats. Hurts isn't. Not at all.

Oh and I think we can all agree Tom Hermans stock just shit threw the roof after last nights game.

That'd be impressive.

Typical B1G grind it out game. These weather conditions are something of SEC nightmares. Could you imagine Bama or LSU playing in this stuff?

SEC would lose 8/10 games played in those conditions.