College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSU was by far a much much better team then Michigan ST last year. It wasn't even a question but they got left out because Spartans were conference champions. What makes you think OSU is going to jump a conference champion from any division? Serious question... Especially since they haven't been world beaters all year. Blowing out Rutgers and Maryland isn't exactly amazing. Fuck every B1G gets to pad there win column having to play arguably the worst college football team in any conference the mighty Rutgers.

I think 1 loss Ohio State would get in over Wisconsin if Wisconsin wins the B1G and if Oklahoma wins the B12. OSU would have wins over 2 conference champs on the road, 4 top 15 wins, and only 1 loss.

Do you really think a 2 loss penn st or Wisconsin team that would be a b1g champion gets into the playoff over a two loss champion like Oklohoma who should win the b12 champion?

The committee has stressed conference championships as the number one criteria.

If Bama is undefeated, Clemson is one loss and Washington is one loss and then there is a b12 blue blood like Oklohoma or a two loss Wisconsin or or pen st no way those teams are jumping Oklohoma.

Now if Michigan wins out then obviously they are a playoff team. I have a feeling OSU will again miss the playoffs. And let's not forget OSU has look like world beaters to sub par teams. 4-5 games they have played against with any sort of talent they have been ho hum.

A two loss Wisconsin team will have played multiple top 10 teams in lsu, msu at the time, osu, Nebraska, Michigan, penn state. No way choklahoma has a stronger schedule and they are a much weaker conference. Love how you talk out of both sides of your mouth. First, you say conference champ trumps all other criteria because you don't want osu to be in. Then you say no way a two loss conference champ in the strongest conference can make it because you don't want Wisconsin to make it. If Wisconsin wins out, they will go no matter what.

For the record I want Ohio state in the playoff. At no point have I said I do not want the Buckeyes in the playoffs nor am I somehow afraid of them. And if you go back one page you'll see my projected top 9 on tiesdaybhas OSU at number 2.

As much as it pains me to say this, i have the same thought process as Lauren on this. Itll be hard to argue OSU should be in as a non conference champion. However, the seasons not over so more chaos and shakeup will ensue Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Relax.

Once OSU knocks those stupid horn rimmed glasses off Harbaughs face as we give his team another ass beating it will not even matter what else happens. They win out, they are in it is just that simple, really. Conference championship blah blah blah, no one cares.

Ratings matter. Bank on it.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-college-football-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Although Silver is questionable these days after his "Clinton" predictions.

Relax.

Once OSU knocks those stupid horn rimmed glasses off Harbaughs face as we give his team another ass beating it will not even matter what else happens. They win out, they are in it is just that simple, really. Conference championship blah blah blah, no one cares.

Ratings matter. Bank on it.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-college-football-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Although Silver is questionable these days after his "Clinton" predictions.

I see you have zero understanding of football and just a buckeye homer. The CFP weighs conference championships as the first and most important part

I see you have zero understanding of football and just a buckeye homer. The CFP weighs conference championships as the first and most important part

no they don't. it is weighted, but this year, in particular, there are two VERY weak conferences. the big ten is the strongest conference this year, correct??

and you've already said if Wisconsin wins out, you're guaranteeing they won't let a two loss big ten champ in the playoffs, yes??

see how you contradict yourself. if Wisconsin wins out, and so does OSU, both will go.

no they don't. it is weighted, but this year, in particular, there are two VERY weak conferences. the big ten is the strongest conference this year, correct??

and you've already said if Wisconsin wins out, you're guaranteeing they won't let a two loss big ten champ in the playoffs, yes??

see how you contradict yourself. if Wisconsin wins out, and so does OSU, both will go.

I agree with this.

You're an idiot. First off, none of the criteria is numbered or said to outweigh others, you have made that up yourself. Secondly, their written criteria specifically says

The criteria to be provided to the selection committee must be aligned with the ideals of the

commissioners, Presidents, athletic directors and coaches to honor regular season success while at the

same time providing enough flexibility and discretion to select a non-champion or independent under

circumstances where that particular non-champion or independent is unequivocally one of the four best

teams in the country.

<< Cheered when Iowa beat Michigan at Bodega on Saturday night, had some drunk c**t yell at me that it's bad for Ohio State. My mind blown, I ordered another drink.

Came here for BCS standings??? Where is they, CR? I needs the sprortsball standings!!1!1

they are released Tuesday nights, ALWAYS on Tuesday nights.

Here are the potential resume's for the 1 and 2 loss teams still in the hunt if they win the games they will likely be favored in...

Ohio State (Let's say for hypothetical purposes they beat UM)

Conference Champ: No

Best Wins: #4 Michigan, @#6 Wisconsin, @#8 Oklahoma, #19 Nebraska

Loss: @#9 Penn State

Louisville

Best Wins: #17 Florida State, @Houston

Loss: @#5 Clemson

Michigan (Let's say for hypothetical purposes they beat OSU)

Best Wins: @#2 Ohio State, #6 Wisconsin, #12 Colorado

Loss: @Iowa

Clemson

Conference Champ: Yes

Best Wins: #4 Louisville, @#17 Florida State, @#18 Auburn

Loss: Pittsburgh

Wisconsin

Best Wins: #9 Penn State, #16 LSU, #19 Nebraska

Loss: #2 Ohio State, @#4 Michigan

Washington

Best Wins: @#11 Utah, #12 Colorado, @#20 Washington State

Loss: #15 USC

I don't think anyone below these teams has a shot unless crazy shit happens (which is possible) I just don't feel like going through anymore teams. The only other one I would consider is Penn State but let's just assume they lose to Wisconsin in the B1G CG.

After looking at this, which 3 would you pick and why? Assuming Alabama is a guarantee at this point.

Here are the potential resume's for the 1 and 2 loss teams still in the hunt if they win the games they will likely be favored in...

Ohio State (Let's say for hypothetical purposes they beat UM)

Best Wins: #4 Michigan, @#6 Wisconsin, @#8 Oklahoma, #19 Nebraska

Loss: @#9 Penn State

Louisville

Best Wins: #17 Florida State, @Houston

Loss: @#5 Clemson

Michigan (Let's say for hypothetical purposes they beat OSU)

Best Wins: @#2 Ohio State, #6 Wisconsin, #12 Colorado

Loss: @Iowa

Clemson

Best Wins: #4 Louisville, @#17 Florida State, @#18 Auburn

Loss: Pittsburgh

Wisconsin

Best Wins: #9 Penn State, #16 LSU, #19 Nebraska

Loss: #2 Ohio State, @#4 Michigan

Washington

Best Wins: @#11 Utah, #12 Colorado, @#20 Washington State

Loss: #15 USC

I don't think anyone below these teams has a shot unless crazy shit happens (which is possible) I just don't feel like going through anymore teams. The only other one I would consider is Penn State but let's just assume they lose to Wisconsin in the B1G CG.

After looking at this, which 3 would you pick and why? Assuming Alabama is a guarantee at this point.

I think it'll be Alabama, Wisconsin, OSU and Clemson, in that order (assuming OSU wins out). The reason? OSU has the better of 2 losses against Clemson and the better resume. Conference title gets a weak ACC in, but doesn't dictate the order.

Oklahoma and Louisville are the ones left on the outside looking in that have a case. Louisville due to SOS and Oklahoma because of 2 losses and a weak Big12 (which is why Wisconsin IS in with a similar scenario).

Fuck man, IDK. You can make a case for 6 teams.

Washington is out regardless.

There is no way the committee leaves out two power 5 conferences this year and for sure if the PAC 12 champ has only one loss. Washington will have Washington st and Colorado most likely padded to their win Column n

So which 3 of those 6 are you putting in and why? Try your absolute best to look at the resume's and not be a troll even though that might be impossible for you.

Harbaugh said today Speight is a game time decision Saturday and O'Korn and "Sugar" Shane Morris will get the reps in practice this week.

Rumors are all around about Speight's season is over.

Michigan will be done if Speight is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dont sleep on West Virginia. They would be a 1 loss conference champion and having beat a comkon opponent of OSU in Oklahoma

Horrible and I mean HORRIBLE resume thus far even with a win against Oklahoma it will be bad. The Big 12 would have an argument with a conference championship game. The fact they only play 12 games, put their resume against Ohio State's and it's laughable. Conference Championships should only matter if you had to beat a good team in your conference championship game, cough cough Clemson...