College Football 2016/17

Lauren

Listen guys I'm not trolling here ok. Ohio state is 9-1. 5 of those games that were blow outs were against garbage teams( yes Nebraska is a garbage team). It's very easy to run up the score against teams like Maryland, Rutgers, and whatever else Mac schools they opened against. However the 5 other teams that had any sort of quality players and it was extremely close. They went 4-1 against teams with a pulse. The Wisconsin game and northwestern game could have easily gone the other way. They did a fine job man handling Oklohoma at the start of the season so I'll give credit to where credit is due.

They have look brilliant against lesser teams, just like I expected Bama to look brilliant against Chattanooga this weekend.

Ohio state hasn't been consistent all year. It's easy to get caught up in the hype machine when they shut out Rutgers and ring up a bunch of points.

Oh and check out some the the schedules of teams they have wins against. Wisconsin and Oklohoma are the only good wins Ohio st has. The rest are garbage teams.

Okay, so Ohio State has played a bunch of garbage teams and blown them out. Let's hear who Alabama has blown out that is quality since Nebraska and Oklahoma don't qualify.

USC - First game of the year, they have a new QB and their offense has been overhauled since (but good win, winning the way you're supposed to regardless).

Ole Miss - TRASH and barely won

Arkansas - Garbage, lost to Auburn 56-3 and LSU 38-10 :lolguy:

Tennessee - Complete Joke not even worth explaining

Texas A&M - :lolguy:

LSU - Solid but Alabama only managed to rack up 10 points against them

raw

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Lauren needs to say, but can't without being a troll, is that they are ALL garbage teams this year. The BCS is a mess, teams moving all over the place, it seems most are either overrated or just young and un-experienced. I mean W. Michigan? Hell I think I saw Troy somewhere...it makes watching games much more exciting, but this is not a season for dominant powerhouse teams of yore. So many teams this year have just fallen apart into a shell of their former selves: Ducks, Sparty, Irish, Cardinals, etc.

Alabama per Tide standard is just ok this year, previous years would mop the floor with this team. OSU is better than expected this year, but we still don't always fire on all cylinders and just like 'Bama, we'd get curb stomped by some previous classes.

Do I truly believe the Big Ten or SEC has the best conference this year, maybe, but its not because of talent....the competition is just not there.

Weather for Saturdays game in East Lansing...

Temperatures in the 30s with a chance of snow/rain showers throughout the afternoon and gusts of winds that could reach 40mph. Fucking great. Just like last year. If we win 24-13 and it's horrible weather and field conditions I hope that is taken into consideration. Not everyone gets to play in a perfect climate like the SEC and Pac 12.

Temperatures in the 30s with a chance of snow/rain showers throughout the afternoon and gusts of winds that could reach 40mph. Fucking great. Just like last year. If we win 24-13 and it's horrible weather and field conditions I hope that is taken into consideration. Not everyone gets to play in a perfect climate like the SEC and Pac 12.

I saw the forecast to, and certainly thought about deja-vu...

Hopefully Weber is healthy enough, they are going to have a lot to do on the ground...I bet you dont see us throw more then 10 yards down field for the first quarter if in fact the conditions play out this way.

Lets also hope the coaches learned that your star offensive player needs to get the ball more then 3 times in a half during a game of this nature / 'potential" condition.

:fuuuu: :fuuuu: :yuno:

Kinda hoping they have a heavy dose of Samuel, Barrett and Weber on the ground. In conditions like that, a win is a win against anyone you play honestly.

Agreed. And I wouldn't be lying if I said that I felt nervous (a la Penn St) about this game. It would make Sparty's season to rise up and punk us.

Just a little insight on how overrated Louisville was going into the Houston game. They are now 2-2 against teams above .500 this year. Those wins are Florida State and Wake Forest. Clemson's win against Louisville should be about as impactful as Ohio State beating Nebraska or Alabama beating Tennessee.

I've been saying this all year. Clemson is getting too much respect for doing nothing. I've watched them play and they are not a top 4 team. If they somehow justify that overrated trash getting into the playoff simply because they beat a bunch of other trash to win their trash conference then the system is broken. That's all.

Clemson is trash. They should be a four loss team at this point. I do not think they are a top 4 team by any means.

Hurts has some pretty impressive stats but he is also a true freshman. Leading the number one team

In the country and undefeated at this point. It's not just about stats

Clemson is trash. They should be a four loss team at this point. I do not think they are a top 4 team by any means.

Hurts has some pretty impressive stats but he is also a true freshman. Leading the number one team

In the country and undefeated at this point. It's not just about stats

It would be one thing if Hurts was leading pretty much any #1 team outside of Alabama. The way the country views it is that Hurts is really good, but he's got some of the best talent in the country around him and possibly the best O-Line in college football along with the best defense to keep them in pretty much every game. I think Hurts gets invited to NY but I don't think he wins.

Want to see impressive freshmen stats? Look at JT Barrett's freshmen year and he only played 11.5 games

I could t agree more with you in regards to Barrett's freshmen year. He was extremely impressive. This year he is nowhere near that level of play however. And he guided them to a Loss.

Actually now that we are talking about it there really isn't a stand out player after Lamar dun fucked up last night. I hope to god Dashaun Watson doesn't get that Trophey. I can't stand that dude

The Heisman is a joke of an award as has been discussed several times on here through out the years. Jackson is still going to win it by a landslide. RG3 and Tebow both won the trophy due to gaudy numbers, not because their teams were #1 in the country and undefeated like most cases. I honestly don't even think there's other people worthy of being invited. Hurts is lackluster, I have watched Bama play 4 times this year and not 1 of those games did that kid impress me.

2000 yards passing, 16 TD's and 7 INT's...That is not Heisman worthy at all. Yeah he has 700 yards rushing with 11 TD's but still not Heisman worthy in my eyes.

Barrett for comparisons sake, 2200 yards, 23 TD's 4 INT's, 617 yards rushing 8TD's. Barrett also has a little better passing percentage and passer rating.

A guy like Curtis Samuel is a dark horse to be invited, nearly 700 yards rushing to go with 750 yards receiving. If he was able to reach 1000/1000 I would almost bet he'd get invited for sure. I don't think he'll reach those numbers this year though.

The Heisman is a joke of an award as has been discussed several times on here through out the years. Jackson is still going to win it by a landslide. RG3 and Tebow both won the trophy due to gaudy numbers, not because their teams were #1 in the country and undefeated like most cases. I honestly don't even think there's other people worthy of being invited. Hurts is lackluster, I have watched Bama play 4 times this year and not 1 of those games did that kid impress me.

2000 yards passing, 16 TD's and 7 INT's...That is not Heisman worthy at all. Yeah he has 700 yards rushing with 11 TD's but still not Heisman worthy in my eyes.

Barrett for comparisons sake, 2200 yards, 23 TD's 4 INT's, 617 yards rushing 8TD's. Barrett also has a little better passing percentage and passer rating.

A guy like Curtis Samuel is a dark horse to be invited, nearly 700 yards rushing to go with 750 yards receiving. If he was able to reach 1000/1000 I would almost bet he'd get invited for sure. I don't think he'll reach those numbers this year though.

He would if The Heisman presentation made any logical sense and they waited until after the playoff/bowl games to determine who the best player in the country is. Essentially what College football is telling us is that the playoff doesn't matter as far as single player performances because they don't take that game into account due to the fact the award is given before the biggest games of the year are played. If they did the presentations after, Zeke would have won in 2014 if they waited until everything was all said and done as he was clearly the best player.

I totally agree with you. The Heisman has been such a hack of an award for as long as I can remember. Think about this, there's only been 6 non QB winners in the last 20 years....

Woodson 97 (Amazing top 5 that included, Peyton Manning, Ryan Leaf, Ricky Williams and Randy Moss)

Williams 98 (Donovan McNabb finished 5th, had arguably the best NFL career out of the top 5 in votes)

Dayne 99 (Beat out the likes of Mike Vick and Drew Brees)

Bush 05 (Vacated) (Beat out Matt Leinhart, Vince Young and Brady Quinn)

Ingram 09 (Beat Toby Gerhart, Colt McCoy, NDamukong Suh and Tim Tebow)

Henry 15

Last time a non QB/RB won it not named Charles Woodson, 1991 (Desmond Howard)