Budget AR Build Time: What Parts?

wagner

A while back I picked up an Anderson stripped lower, now I want to do a build based on it.

Looking at some of the PSA kits, but just not sure what to get, was looking at this one maybe: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-moe-rifle-kit.html

This rifle will just be basic build that won't be a crazy accurate distance shooter. Just want something to have fun with, not give me any problems, and have the experience of actually doing a build.

I personally hate the integrated gas block/front sight, and that forend doesn't fit my shooting style. The PSA triggers leave a lot to be desired in terms of feel, but I've shot two deer at distance using them.

I know nothing about the barrel. Everything else Looks pretty standard.

I personally hate the integrated gas block/front sight, and that forend doesn't fit my shooting style. The PSA triggers leave a lot to be desired in terms of feel, but I've shot two deer at distance using them.

I know nothing about the barrel. Everything else Looks pretty standard.

Good to know, will take into consideration.

Also you're a fgt.

Thanks,

Erik

*fart noise*

If you can find parts for the kit you want, do that first. It sucks to build something only to not be satisfied with it and start another build in a different direction.

If you can't find the parts to build exactly what you want, you can't go wrong with a basic kit from PSA. They aren't great but work fine, can resell easily, and will hold you over until you make a decision.

The latest cool-guy stuff is trending towards a long rail 12"+ so if you want maximum cool guy points start there. A2 front sight blocks can be a real pain to remove, fuck that.

If you can find parts for the kit you want, do that first. It sucks to build something only to not be satisfied with it and start another build in a different direction.

If you can't find the parts to build exactly what you want, you can't go wrong with a basic kit from PSA. They aren't great but work fine, can resell easily, and will hold you over until you make a decision.

The latest cool-guy stuff is trending towards a long rail 12"+ so if you want maximum cool guy points start there. A2 front sight blocks can be a real pain to remove, fuck that.

Not concerned about cool guy points, but like your logic. Sounds like the A2 front sight could be a problem...

whats the budget? Give me the lower and some money. i'll get you squared away.

I have a lot of extra parts I can use on the CHEAP.

I'm looking to keep this under $600 to finish. If your company can put together a better parts package than what PSA has for the money I'll support a local company.

I want to put the click-bang man Legos together, or at least try.

Don't deal with these people. They recently caused me to have to file my first credit card dispute.

Don't deal with these people. They recently caused me to have to file my first credit card dispute.

Dont listen to him, AIM has been great to me over the years.

The PSA stuff is nice since it is already put together for you and will shoot reliably . However, PSA likes to make parts to their standard and it will only work with their parts ( shouldnt worry about AR15's because it is all standardized). I would rock the A2 front sight all day long and not give two shits what someone says. You will find what you like and dont like fairly quickly and there are plenty of people on this site alone that could help you change it.

I have seen this kit, seen it run, it's good enough.

Kid was raving about it actually (for the price) and I trust his input.

http://www.cbcindustries.com/products/ar-15-rifle-kit-16-5-56x45-upper-assembly-1-8-13-gen-2-bolt-carrier-group-charging-handle-ar-15-buttstock-kit-ar-15-lower-parts-kit

Will take us about 24 minutes to assemble that beyatch!

I have seen this kit, seen it run, it's good enough.

Kid was raving about it actually (for the price) and I trust his input.

http://www.cbcindustries.com/products/ar-15-rifle-kit-16-5-56x45-upper-assembly-1-8-13-gen-2-bolt-carrier-group-charging-handle-ar-15-buttstock-kit-ar-15-lower-parts-kit

Will take us about 24 minutes to assemble that beyatch!

Good deal for a keymod kit