Machine Shop? Head work...

Miller

Hey guys,

I need a recommendation on a good, local machine shop for cylinder head work. My spec racer needs a bump from the 9.5:1 compression to 10.5:1 to be competitive in the spring. This equates to about .0245" of mill work done. I'd also like it cleaned up and reassembled.

Do you have a recommendation, preferably from someone you've used with the head and engine still in running condition? :lol:

After Mike @ M&M sat on my BMW head for over a month last year, I took it to the big NAPA on 161. They did a great job redoing the head (machine work, valve guides/seals, and a 3-angle valve job) for a good price.

I beat on that BMW and it's been great for the last 6k+ miles.

Must have paid extra, or do you know him? Haha. Two others said they were on the back burner with him, so what's the story?

Called the week before. Head was there 5 days. They pulled it apart and cleaned it. Put new valve stem seals in i supplied and decked it for $100.

M&M as long as you stay in touch with him does great work and will get it back at a decent price in decent time. Otherwise Bob and Joe at PRI do excellent work as well, a bit more expensive but quicker turn time and their work is second to none. We use both regularly

M&M can't keep their shop clean and their parts straight. They literally gave me someone else's heads once. Their "office" if you can call it that is a path barely wide enough for one person to walk through with engine blocks/cranks/heads/etc lining both sides.