• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bama

Clemson

Washington

PennST

So Ohio State has no excuse for losing on the road at night to Penn State. Okay, I can live with that. Now explain why Clemson gets a pass for losing at home to unranked Pitt? What about against NC State who they simply beat because NC State doesn't have a competent kicker who can make a straight away 20 yard field goal. Why does Washington get a pass who lost to USC at home by double digits? Why does Penn State get a pass who lost to unranked Pitt and by 39 to Michigan? Can you please explain your logic, thanks.

Because at the end of the day they will all eventuall win their conference.

Honestly my dream playoff would be

Bama

Ohio st

USC

Oklohoma

I think these four teams are the best in the country right now. I think Clemson is junk. I think Washington is cool beating up PAC 12 north teams but won't stand a chance in the playoff. I think USC has finally found itself and it playing great ball games offensively and on defense.

I also think you need to respect the conference championship game and champion. There has to be some integrity in that. You are setting a dangerous precedent by selecting teams over champions. It's happened in the past and everyone was oissed that you can't do it. OSU lost the wrong game at the wrong time. There has to be a penalty to that. Washington losing USC and Clemson losing to pitt didn't cost them there division title and a chance to go to championship game.

So Clemson beating a bad Virginia Tech team in their Conference Championship game should warrant them an automatic bid? Why even have a playoff committee then? What is their job? Is it to pick the 4 best teams in the country or to pick the 4 best conference champions?

Again, I'll bring this up because you may have missed it the first time I said it. Washington and Clemson both played FCS schools this year. So Ohio State, Washington and Clemson will have all played 12 FBS games. With Washington and Clemson playing in a conference championship game this essentially makes the resumes comparable because before next week, I don't think you can even compare the three..

Now, for your homework Lauren and please, pretty please do this and post the results for me. As a list, can you list Ohio State, Clemson and Washington's top 4 best wins, their loss all with the teams current ranking next to their name. Just do that for me then I will reply again with another statement

I also think you need to respect the conference championship game and champion. There has to be some integrity in that. You are setting a dangerous precedent by selecting teams over champions. It's happened in the past and everyone was oissed that you can't do it. OSU lost the wrong game at the wrong time. There has to be a penalty to that. Washington losing USC and Clemson losing to pitt didn't cost them there division title and a chance to go to championship game.

Yet another example of why the playoffs need 8 spots. 5 conference champs + 3 wildcards. Because as much as it pains me to admit it, I agree with you that conference champs carry some weight.

I almost wish tOSU would be left out this year because of this. Can you imagine the backlash? I think it would be the spark needed to move towards 8 teams. The NCAA would lose out on a shit ton of money if they did and you can bet they don't like that.

Yet another example of why the playoffs need 8 spots. 5 conference champs + 3 wildcards. Because as much as it pains me to admit it, I agree with you that conference champs carry some weight.

I almost wish tOSU would be left out this year because of this. Can you imagine the backlash? I think it would be the spark needed to move towards 8 teams. The NCAA would lose out on a shit ton of money if they did and you can bet they don't like that.

I agree. There needs to be 8 spots. However I kinda see the conference championship games as the quarterfinals. So essentially we have a quarterfinal structure in place already.

Ohio st best win is against Oklohoma. A team who had t found themselves until after the OSU game. Michigan is a close second but have you seen there schedule? Michigan best win is PennST and Colorado. Not exactly world beaters but good teams none the less. I won't even address Wisconsin. They are garbage. They opened the season against an LSU team without fournette and without any offense period. THere second best win is against Nebraska who is beyond garbage. Wisconsin and Nebraska were given way to much credit and love.

You are so clueless its hilarious. I mean this is coming from a guy who "follows" a team that hasn't traveled north of the Mason Dixon in like 20 years.

Beat me to it.

Remember PSU was a block FG which we DID NOT need to take away from loosing...'quality loss' I guess.

Also, Ohio State is still the co-division champs with Penn State. Urban Meyer has won the division 5 times. He is also 5-0 against Michigan.

And has 1. Big10 championship to show for it :(

Does it really matter if OSU is 2 or 3? All that dictates is what color jersey they are wearing.

My top 4 would be

1. Bama

2. OSU

3. USC

4. Michigan

And has 1. Big10 championship to show for it :(

Its because the bottom teams are so bad there is no threat of knocking a team off if they make it through their few tough games. So the semi good teams can win those few games and win the conference.

I agree. There needs to be 8 spots. However I kinda see the conference championship games as the quarterfinals. So essentially we have a quarterfinal structure in place already.

Ohio st best win is against Oklohoma. A team who had t found themselves until after the OSU game. Michigan is a close second but have you seen there schedule? Michigan best win is PennST and Colorado. Not exactly world beaters but good teams none the less. I won't even address Wisconsin. They are garbage. They opened the season against an LSU team without fournette and without any offense period. THere second best win is against Nebraska who is beyond garbage. Wisconsin and Nebraska were given way to much credit and love.

What are Bama's best wins...this should be fun

According to the polls AND the committee, they already had a playoff game this weekend. You simply CAN NOT say oh we picked 2 vs 3 with 1 week to go and 2 beats 3 and suddenly they get moved to 5 based on PSU beating wisky whom you rate poorly (LOL LSU). OSU lost on a blocked FG that night which "they did not need", kinda like the Auburn victory over bama a few years back.

Look at the ENTIRE season, not just the back end and front end as individual parts.

According to the polls AND the committee, they already had a playoff game this weekend. You simply CAN NOT say oh we picked 2 vs 3 with 1 week to go and 2 beats 3 and suddenly they get moved to 5 based on PSU beating wisky whom you rate poorly (LOL LSU). OSU lost on a blocked FG that night which "they did not need", kinda like the Auburn victory over bama a few years back.

Look at the ENTIRE season, not just the back end and front end as individual parts.

Clearly Alabama is the best team in football - I would not even try to argue that. That being said - have you looked at their schedule? It is laughable. Is Alabama really that good - I don't think we know.