College Football Thread 2016/2017 v2.0

Zx2guy19

Wisconsin wasn't even ranked in the preseason top 25. Nobody thought highly of them. Then they beat number 5 LSU and jumped into the top ten. Their cupcake schedule kept them there all season. Literally one game vaulted them from not a top 25 team to a top 10 team.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually yenner OU was ranked 14 at the time they played OSU not 7th. And when Buckeyes played OU they had lost to Houston and then beat some no name team before losing to the Buckeyes. Stellar

Sorry. I should've stated that those were final rankings. I shouldn't have assumed you could comprehend that.

But, please, after all of the evidence put forth, continue to try to nit-pick what you want to fit your agenda and claim your cause. :lolguy:

Look man, I get it. You've admitted your'e a fan because of your SO. That's fine. No prob at all with that.

Call a spade a spade and admit that 'Bama was the one with the weaker schedule and that 'Bama hasn't been tested this year. That's all any of us ask.

I mean, I'm man enough to admit that tOSU has done well and at times played like crap. When tOSU is down and out I can admit it. I've even stated twice now I don't think they/we will win it all.

I don't mind you at all. It's just that you're SUCH a homer in this thread it's laughable. You make claims based on raw emotion/hopes and dreams. I have posted stats and facts. You have not proved a thing or made a claim that holds water.

It's fine. Really. Be a fan. But for Pete's sake, don't go full retard and make claims based on those emotions and then ignore the responses that are chock full of evidence you walnut. ;)

Wisconsin wasn't even ranked in the preseason top 25. Nobody thought highly of them. Then they beat number 5 LSU and jumped into the top ten. Their cupcake schedule kept them there all season. Literally one game vaulted them from not a top 25 team to a top 10 team.

You're right. 1 win over an SEC team. :gabe:

Actually yenner OU was ranked 14 at the time they played OSU not 7th. And when Buckeyes played OU they had lost to Houston and then beat some no name team before losing to the Buckeyes. Stellar

That's all you have after reading his reply?

Your out of touch with reality if you think Alabama had a tougher schedule that OSU. Literally no one outside the state of Alabama agrees with you. People that get PAID....A LOT....to analyze and predict and study this don't agree with you.

Ok, I am officially tired of the Tom Herman and Texas love fest haha.

http://scarletandgame.com/2016/12/22/ohio-state-football-jt-barrett-to-transfer-after-2016/

If Barrett transfers his SR season, then erase him from the record books haha

This didnt even deserve a thread on 11W. Its some guy just speculating out of his ass

Yeah, the B1G has made a good showing so far. The only embarrassing loss in my opinion is Maryland against Boston College but both are bottom feeders so it's really not a big deal. The fact that Minnesota was able to hold Washington St to 12 points is impressive and that Indiana SHOULD have beat one of the best Pac 12 teams (Utah) is also impressive even though they lost. There are a few big games tomorrow for the B1G. Nebraska/Tennessee and Michigan/Florida State. If the B1G could win those two, that would be huge.

Anyone else do the Bowl Pick em on Yahoo or ESPN? I did and my record is HORRIBLE. In my defense, I pretty much guessed on all of the games up to this point because like yenner said above, it's pretty much been 6-6 vs. 7-5 toilet bowl matchups with teams nobody has paid attention to all year. I can't wait for the Michigan/FSU game tonight. I think it could be a kinda classic.

Okay, so the Nebraska/Tennessee game is played in Nashville, the Georgia/TCU game is played in Memphis, the Michigan/FSU game is played in Miami. The southern schools have such an advantage is bowl games. Not saying it's a good idea to come up north to play in December/January but if the southern schools had to come up to B1G country and play in the middle of winter I don't think the games would be close.

Okay, so the Nebraska/Tennessee game is played in Nashville, the Georgia/TCU game is played in Memphis, the Michigan/FSU game is played in Miami. The southern schools have such an advantage is bowl games. Not saying it's a good idea to come up north to play in December/January but if the southern schools had to come up to B1G country and play in the middle of winter I don't think the games would be close.

They can't even schedule a non-conference FBS opponent past September...

There are 4 bowl games played in the north with 3 of them played outside.

1. Idaho Potato Bowl @ Boise State (Outside)

2. Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit (dome)

3. Military Bowl @ Navy (Outside)

4. Pinstripe Bowl @ Yankee Stadium (Outside)

Of course only 1 team out of 8 was from the southern half (Wake Forest) and they won.

I'm a little surprised Indianapolis hasn't hosted a bowl game in their dome.

And did anyone else see the clip from Mike & Mike of Paul Finebaum on Michigan fans? GOLD.

I have been thinking a lot about this lately. I think Urban came to OSU and built a team to win in nice weather like he had at Florida. This is partially why I think OSU has been great in bowl games and has struggled at times in foul weather. I agree with you that the SEC schools would struggle in the northern weather - they are not built for it

I have been thinking a lot about this lately. I think Urban came to OSU and built a team to win in nice weather like he had at Florida. This is partially why I think OSU has been great in bowl games and has struggled at times in foul weather. I agree with you that the SEC schools would struggle in the northern weather - they are not built for it

Exactly. B1G teams build their teams with big uglies to compete in the climate up here where as SEC teams and other teams in the south don't have to worry about that so they just go for speed. This makes a big difference in recruiting as well. The fact that Urban can get these Florida and Texas guys to leave their comfy warm weather states to come play in shit weather says something.