What the what?? 2006 avalanche flex fuel

vonrottes

My mom bought a 2006 avalanche z71 last month, vin Z with the L59.. which I think was the only option on that trim.

But I was messing around in the tune last night and noticed that it said the fuel sensor was not fitted. I've read up on these...or I guess the 2003-2005 and they had mad the fuel sensor and fuel filter on the frame, under the driver's door, next to the transfer case and torsion bar... 20 minutes with a flash light and crawling around in the cold.... Her truck does not have a fuel sensor OR a fuel filter....

So I'm really curious as the how the hell the flex fuel works on this thing, can anyone here explain?

All I can find online is UP TO 2005.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Flex fuel works on those by calculating alcohol content via fuel trims after a fill up. Lots of GM cars were produced in that time frame without sensors. It's a flawed stupid system that is prone to miscalculating and having issues.

Wow. I mean I've heard of the sensors going bad a lot and they are expensive as shit... But to completely ditch the fuel composition sensor for calculations that basically relays on the O2s.

Thanks, for the info man.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk