For when an unmarked white van isn't rapey enough....

Geeto67

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5857979751.html

00G0G_ksEiCbwlOZX_600x450.jpg

1984 Modified VW Rabbit pickup truck. Chassis extended 16 inches. Totally redone from the front bumper to the back of the cab. Rear quarter of the cab has 1991 Ford Ranger windows. The panels below the windows are welded in - no putty used. The transmission, diesel engine and back bed are from a 1982 Rabbit pickup. Tail lights are from a 1965 Chevy Impala. The bumpers are from a 1967 Chevy Camaro. The 1600cc VW diesel engine was totally rebuilt with a new block 15,000 miles ago. 28mpg city, 35mpg highway. 5 speed transmission. New seats, new 175/70/R13 tires. Dual glasspacks exhaust. Scirocco alloy wheels. New tailgate will be included once its back from the bodyshop (small dent being fixed). $8000 was spent on parts and $4000 spent on body work modifications 3 years ago. Please call Carl

I'm not gonna lie, this actually looks pretty well done (except for the offense to good taste that is that color scheme). I'm a little skeptical about a FWD diesel pickup the size of a small aircraft carrier being able to accelerate safely onto a freeway in rush hour but...otherwise this is kind of cool.

Friend had a Jetta with that motor in it. He said you had to plan WELL in advance of any passing or even pulling out into the road it was so slow.

my father had a silver with a red interior MK1 Diesel Rabbit with GTI suspension, a hand crank sun roof, and a cocaine white car phone in the 1980's. I remember it being slow. My mother and the girls in his office used to tease him they had to schedule his pulling out of the driveway.

And since we are discussing weirdo VW Pickups in this thread here is another one but way more palatable:

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/5895283335.html

Custom build ( Volkenstien )

1971 pickup

Ford 4 cylinder

Auto

Power steering

New brakes, Batt.

Paint great

tool box and gas tank built into bed.

Tires super

Runs and drives good.

Nice paint and interior.

Fun-well done car.

4495 all offers considered

00N0N_irkRUoDZe3L_1200x900.jpg

Edited by Geeto67

I had an '82 Rabbit diesel with a 5-speed. First gear was good. Drop the hammer, wait half a second, dump the clutch at 2500rpm, launch nice and hard. First gear was GREAT.

The next 4 absolutely sucked dead donkey balls. Once you got to 20, the accelleration was glacial.