Ruth Chris Steak House

ODoyle

Kerry, Elevator is awesome. If it makes you feel better I think they just did an interior refresh. I had some Three Frogs IPA just last night, as a matter of fact. Problem for OP is that I'm not sure how comfy it would be for 30 people, though I've never been upstairs. I would think of Elevator if your party is 6 or less and close friends...great happy hour joint too as their calamari is very good.

The Rock Filet is filet mignon raw served to you on a 700+ degree stone. All you do is cut the bite of beef and work it on your plate until it's cooked to your liking...smaller pieces cook faster. If you like steak medium rare or colder, it's a neat experience. You're spending so much time talking to your table guests and sizzling bites of steak in front of you - instead of eating - that 4oz goes a long way. :lol:

Checked out elevators menu since I have never heard of elevator. What's this rock filet and how it's cooked? Also it's only 4 oz. how many do you order because 4 oz is a warm up.

Elevator has great food have gone there several times for lunch as its next door to my work.

Also is there anywhere in Columbus that does dry aged steaks from what I have seen on youtube and read they sound awesome.

Kerry, Elevator is awesome. If it makes you feel better I think they just did an interior refresh. I had some Three Frogs IPA just last night, as a matter of fact.

I have to agree, everything else about it is flat awesome. I've been twice, and It's one of my favorite places, the food is great, the beer is great, and they are one of the few bars in town when I order a "French 75" they actually know what I am talking about and how to make it.

But Ambiance is kind of a thing for me. The bar area with that magnificent 100+ year old bar and the beautiful tile pattern in the floor is great, the entrance way with all that leaded glass is wonderful. The Pool table is a shinning beacon....But this:

e89157_a9bc5adfba9744499c6253022ad82936~mv2.jpg

It just feels so 1980's. I get that 1980's and early 90's is chic right now but I haven't see a lot of that "Memphis" style pattern (like the booths have) really come back, and it clashes with the carpet which is 1980's take on a 1940's pattern. The pop art hand painted photographs don't help either.

Now I haven't been there in a while, and I'm probably due for a fresh visit post renovation.

Last year we did our anniversary at Wolfs Ridge Brewery and I liked it. It isn't a place I would say "feels" like an event inside but it still has a great interior ambiance and vibe. The food was awesome as was the beer.

Did the "Rock" too a couple times and it was really good and a little gimmicky too (You effectively cook your fillet from super rare too....) Daughter and her hubby really like Milestone 229, but unsure if they make steaks consistently (They are known for a rotating menu). The top is kind of gaudy for me too (Looks like something "Hef" would have had the bunnies running around in outfits back in 1990's). Martini's is pretty good too (But Italian).. What about Lindey's? J Alexanders was also mentioned earlier but do not remember the Tuna steak or the ribeye being overly memorable. Wow seems like I am rambling a bit.. GL with the selection too.. Edited by Second Gen
Spelling shtuff's

Did the "Rock" too a couple times and it was really good and a little gimmicky too (You effectively cook your fillet from super rare too....) Daughter and her hubby really like Milestone 229, but unsure if they make steaks consistently (They are known for a rotating menu). The top is kind of gaudy for me too (Looks like something "Hef" would have had the bunnies running around in outfits back in 1990's). Martini's is pretty good too (But Italian).. What about Lindey's? J Alexanders was also mentioned earlier but do not remember the Tuna steak or the ribeye being overly memorable. Wow seems like I am rambling a bit.. GL with the selection too..

The Top is literally stuck in 1955. Nothing has changed since it opened.

Also is there anywhere in Columbus that does dry aged steaks from what I have seen on youtube and read they sound awesome.

Certain giant Eagle locations. Normally run about $10 per but they are smallish.

+100 for Eddie Merlot's that has been my go to stop for years whenever I'm in the mood for a tasty reasonably classy dinner. Mood is upper scale but comfortable, the food is ALWAYS excellent, pricing isn't bad at all. Hyde Park and Mitchell's always seem far too into themselves and superior for my tastes.

Since I've been dating my girlfriend, her parents have taken us to a ton of high end places I would otherwise probably never go to. Mitchell's, Eddie Merlot, Hyde Park, Texas de Brazil, The Barn.

For steaks, Mitchell's was my favorite of those listed. I had a dry aged steak at Hyde Park, and while it was good, I can honestly say I make a better steak at home with prime steaks from Costco. Invest in a sous vide immersion cooker and you can make steaks as good as, if not better than steak houses.