Jim Keim Ford- A review

mrs.cos

We all know that some/most dealerships are just a waste of a auto enthusiast time, and they can waste a lot of time/money and quite frankly drive you up a wall.

Since owning my ford, one of the things i feared the most was not knowing much about this car, and the fact we CPO'd the car to 100Kmiles.

In the last year, since the car is now getting up there i miles (88k) small things have happened that necessitated going to the dealership to have them repair (there was an issue with my shifter, and the awd system was hiccuping electronically)

Jim Keim in hilliard has virtually no reviews anywhere (google now shows they have 269, most in the last year), and i didn't have a lot of info on them. There were no posts about them here.

I figured wth, they are 5 mins away lets give them a call.

Pete Klagman is the service manager there, i have dealt with him the most. He is kind, knowledgeable and smart in how he treats his customers. I have been treated very well by him and in a respectable manner. As a woman, this is huge. They believe me when i say i researched an issue and how to fix it, when they werent certain that it was the issue.

I had another good experience there, and this is probably the fourth time i have had to do something at the dealership and didnt dread it.When i told them my ECU needed reset after i got a new battery, they told me to come on in, they would reset it for free real quick and send me on my way, AND THEY DID. (my GPS wouldn't come back on and my auto start wouldnt work after the battery replacement)

TADA it fixed the issue!

Very happy.

Thank you for posting this. I need some warranty work done on my mustang and haven't had the best experience at my local ford dealership so I've been putting it off. Like many of us, I'm incredibly particular about my car. After researching online and on this forum I'm going to give Keim a shot. Based on your experience I'll ask for Pete

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I took my Bullitt in there for the airbag recall, and the SVT Focus goes in there for alignments. 5 minutes from my house as well, and it helps that they don't screw things up, LOL.

Bought the first SVT Focus there in 2008 - great experience. But Sales gave us the run-around a little when we were looking to buy a new Focus in 2014. Walked, and bought the FIAT instead. But Service has always been good.

Overall, no typical "bad dealership" experiences from me.