C5 Z06 180 degree header build thread

Tinman

Pipe organs in the most ornate churches have nothing on these headers.

Are you going to do a "reveal party"? Have it on a lift so people can see the beauty of those pipes, then at a scheduled time fire up the car to treat guests with a cacophony of LS-derived exhaust notes plumbed through titanium tubes expertly and intricately formed from a master craftsman with talent blessed upon him from the gods?

Sounds like a great treat for dyno day

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pipe organs in the most ornate churches have nothing on these headers.

Are you going to do a "reveal party"? Have it on a lift so people can see the beauty of those pipes, then at a scheduled time fire up the car to treat guests with a cacophony of LS-derived exhaust notes plumbed through titanium tubes expertly and intricately formed from a master craftsman with talent blessed upon him from the gods?

Lol. I don't know about a party but,

Sounds like a great treat for dyno day

I'm looking forward to hearing them under load on Brian's dyno and seeing how they fair power wise against off the shelf headers. I'm guessing and hoping for similar peak numbers and a slight increase in mid range torque.

Also hope this is not a obvious answer but would can overlap effect the sound also and have it not pulse the same exiting the exhaust?

Cam overlap would effect the sound just as it would in any exhaust. But it does not effect the pulses in the exhaust, it does allow the pulses of the exhaust to scavenge a larger intake charge. This is why I'm hoping to see an increase in mid range torque. The primaries length and even firing through the collectors should help in the scavenging. Unfortunately, the LS6 camshaft has a ridiculous lobe separation angle making for little overlap. At some point I would like to have a cam with similar lobe profiles to the LS6 cam but ground on a 112 degree lobe separation angle instead of the 117.5 of the LS6.

giphy.gif

Best compliment ever.

LOL that thing sounds crazy. I love it. I love that it's got that uncorked Italian V8 rip, with the downward popping as the revs fall of the LS. So distinctive.

Congratulations, Matt! I hope to hear and see it in person at Dyno Tune...

Thanks! As long as i don't get stupid and let well enough alone, you shall.

Matt, everyone's saying what they think...

What do YOU think? Do you like it, was it worth the effort?

I'm quite happy with the results, most definitely worth the effort. I still plan to play around with different mid pipe designs, have four others in mind, and will either do the bypass mod on the mufflers or make my own. It's still a bit too quiet. The one thing that does bother me is the little bit of rasp just North of 2000rpm when going through the gears in normal driving conditions. But when the fun pedal is in the proper half of it's travel, all is bliss.

So even though I'm sure I have no fabrication skills, how mad would you be if these were copied? If this sounds like I think it will........I mean I know you said making more of these would be a slim chance in hell.

Think you could pull this off? Good fucking luck.

Have at it :dumb:

Corrected for accuracy

• 2 weeks later...