Political Thread Of Fail And AIDS (Geeto ahead!)

BStowers023

For anyone that has the time, ask him about doing repo rental cars. Quite possibly one of the best stories I have been told.

You haven't lived until you roll up to a meth house trying to get a dodge neon back, after that everything else is just a blip on the radar of life...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because this thread needs some humor.

"Vegan ISIS"needs to be a band name

The point he makes at the end is spot on though - violence undermines the cause. It doesn't matter that they are a smaller group, or that not all of it is violent, being violent opens the door for those supporting white supremacy to point to the other side and say "they are just as bad or worse" even if not true.

Kerry, repeat after me; White Supremacists are bad. Antifa is bad.

Just because you don't understand the complexities in play doesn't mean you should drag everyone down to your overly simplistic and binary view of the situation.

Just because you don't understand the complexities in play doesn't mean you should drag everyone down to your overly simplistic and binary view of the situation.

Who said I don't understand? Because I don't post 10 paragraphs justifying the actions of a hate group? (Insert antifa)

Who said I don't understand? Because I don't post 10 paragraphs justifying the actions of a hate group? (Insert antifa)

Explain in as many words as you need, All the reasons why you think Antifa is bad. You say white supremacy is bad too so presumably you don't mean they are the same kind of bad, right? So make sure to draw that distinction.

Explain in as many words as you need, All the reasons why you think Antifa is bad. You say white supremacy is bad too so presumably you don't mean they are the same kind of bad, right? So make sure to draw that distinction.

I think (Simplistically) that both groups willingly use violent acts in order to be seen/heard. That's a bad thing.

Life is too short to care about people that aren't you. That's why I keep it simple.

It's an easy thing to say when you aren't the target of their hate and violence. I have been fortunate enough to have not been the direct target of an attack, but my mother was years ago, many relatives of mine have been. I don't associate with the Jewish lifestyle in any way and don't consider myself one in any other way but heritage, but it isn't hard to know they aren't putting an asterix next to my name when they say "Jew will not replace us".

I think (Simplistically) that both groups willingly use violent acts in order to be seen/heard. That's a bad thing.

Simplistically this would also make the Police and the armed forces "bad" since they both use violence as a means to an end and absent a moral comparison of motivation the only difference is sanction by the government. Since we both know they aren't always "bad", sanction isn't the difference....so what is?

Well if you bring morals into it you have one group, white supremacy, that is tied to criminal enterprise (they don't have Antifa gangs in prison, and you don't hear that much about all the Antifa groups running guns or dealing drug, but you sure do about white supremacists), that has a multi-hundred year history of violence so pervasive that government and private tasks forces were formed to try and curtail the acts of murder and domestic terrorism, and is currently empowered by the current government administration (they weren't empowered under either Bush or Reagan, hmmm...I wonder why that is).

And on the other you have a rather recent group whose primary goal is to resist that empowerment by any means necessary, including violence but not exclusively violence. two years ago we wouldn't have been talking about them at all, but two years ago WS wasn't on the rise that it is now. They are at best a symptom of the times and the rise and empowerment of white supremacy - not the cause of it.

To just call them both simplistically "bad" is to underscore the threat white supremacy poses to the American way of life while elevating what is pretty much a symptom or reaction to white power. That is why being simplistic about this and saying "they are both bad" conveys the wrong message. That there is a moral equivalence.

It's not just being critical, it's how you are being critical. Trevor Noah is very critical of them in that clip I posted (that you didn't watch) and nobody is going to mistake him as a White Supremacist (and not just because he's black).

If you bring them up as a defense or a distraction to talking about the issue of white supremacy by merely saying "they are all bad", then you are enabling white supremacy.

If you characterize their message as "anti-white" instead of taking the time to educate your self on the actual message of "anti-white supremacy" then you are empowering them.

If you wholly dismiss the group as completely violent, instead of recognizing that there are non-violent actions, then you are empowering white supremacy. And let's be clear on this - there are no non-violent "white supremacists", their entire message is one of hate and violence. They are not victims of leftist violence, they are the bully in the school yard that picks fights with people hoping someone will fight back. This is a major distinction between the groups and one worth mentioning. Antifa is not a seperate disease, they are a symptom of the disease of white supremacist empowerment.

There are plenty of ways for you, Bstowers, to be critical of Antifa without being considered enabling White supremacy, why you have not chosen any of them is beyond me. Here's an overly simplistic pro tip you can probably understand - if you find yourself on the side of an issue that white supremacists agree with, you aren't on the side of "good"

The annoying thing is, I can say fuck white supremacy 1000x and you will still find some excuse to call me one. I literally can't spell it out for you. Is white supremacy the biggest threat to this country right now? Are they even top 5? top 10? what about black on black crime? Mexican drug cartels? Serial rapists? Child molestors? Why does this seem to be the only topic of discussion? I'm not saying it doesn't need to be addressed but where is the outcry for ALL of the hate/violent groups? It seems to be more of an attack on white people to be honest. "Hey, look! a group of horrible white people! Call them out and stand with antifa or we'll categorize you as one of them!" It's a fucking joke dude and people like you, Kerry are the reason we're becoming more and more divided. "Pick a side." Fuck you, fatty you pick a side and I don't mean a side of fries.

if you find yourself on the side of an issue that white supremacists agree with, you aren't on the side of "good"

and if you let what others think or believe define who you are, then perhaps you need to work on who you are because it doesn't sound like you know and are taking more guidance on who you are from others than from yourself. we've all had bad things happen to us. My family came across the pond on a boat from Italy and herd their share of criticism over the years from lots of people, but to let the views of others and their actions define who you are is weak IMO.

I personally don't care what a white supremacist or an Antifa follower may feel about my stance on issues. They don't define what is good or bad or right or wrong in life or the world. I can't say I know any white supremacists first-hand as I don't align with what they believe in. However, to say that they may agree with my stance on immigration or want to high-five me because I support Trump's views on a particular issue doesn't make me a white supremacist or make my views automatically bad or wrong nor mean that I'm empowering them in any way. That's dumb and a lame attempt to try and guilt people into feeling as if their completely legitimate view on something is less than acceptable when it's not.

If you wholly dismiss the group as completely violent, instead of recognizing that there are non-violent actions, then you are empowering white supremacy.

that's your view but it's not that of me or many others. The Antifa "movement" that we see on TV where they are getting violent or preventing free speech is just as wrong in my book as the views of a Neo Nazi. I'm not here to debate or piss and moan about who does a greater number of bad things as that's like saying a guy who is an excellent school teacher but also a pedophile isn't as bad as an unemployed psycho guy who is a rapist and serial killer. and by my wanting to execute pedophiles isn't enabling the latter. Please stop with such silly comments that clearly you feel are the only answer.

The annoying thing is, I can say fuck white supremacy 1000x and you will still find some excuse to call me one.[/Quote]

it's not an excuse, you just aren't careful about your message. I believe you aren't one, but I do think you are careless about how you talk about Antifa in the same context. I don't think you intend to empower white supremacy, which is actually kind of worse if you think about it.

I literally can't spell it out for you. Is white supremacy the biggest threat to this country right now? Are they even top 5? top 10?

It certainly is a bigger threat than domestic Islamic terrorism, and that gets a shit ton of attention. There aren't really any signs that is going to change anytime soon. I think quantifying problems in a "top 5" or "top 10" is misleading because there are a lot of things that make something worth of attention.

what about black on black crime?

what about "Black on black" crime or as the rest of us call it, just "crime". I don't think black people wake up and think they are going to commit crime against another black person because they are black. That would be pretty stupid. General criminal enterprise doesn't usually care your race, it cares about money and it follows poverty. Does poverty disproportionately affect minorities? absolutely, but that crime doesn't happen because people are black or latino, it happens because people are poor and desperate. Calling it "black on black" crime falsely implies a form inner racial cannibalism and distracts from the root cause of the problem, poverty, by intentionally attaching a false racial motivation. If you want to make a case you aren't empowering white supremacy, it's probably a good idea to stop spreading myths like "black on black crime" as something separate and special from regular crime.

Mexican drug cartels? Serial rapists? Child molestors? Why does this seem to be the only topic of discussion? I'm not saying it doesn't need to be addressed but where is the outcry for ALL of the hate/violent groups?

why is it getting attention? because it is drawing attention to itself. You have a group in power in the executive office with a history of supporting that white supremacy message. They aren't supporting those other groups and those other groups aren't calling attention to it. Trump doesn't have a history of favoring child molestors, but he's been fined by the DOJ for racially motivate housing discrimination against blacks. Steve Bannon has a history of printing things like "Renegade Jew", "Birth Control makes women unattractive and crazy", Stephen Miller has a history of supporting Richard Spencer. none of these support drug cartels, rapists, or molestors, but they sure as fuck support white supremacy.

It seems to be more of an attack on white people to be honest. "Hey, look! a group of horrible white people! Call them out and stand with antifa or we'll categorize you as one of them!" It's a fucking joke dude and people like you, Kerry are the reason we're becoming more and more divided. "Pick a side." Fuck you, fatty you pick a side and I don't mean a side of fries.

If your reaction to all this is that it "is an attack on whitey", well then I don't know what to tell you other than, go ahead and explain how that isn't white supremacy victimizing. I'll wait.

you don't want to pick a side, but your actions and statements will pick one for you. Honestly this shouldn't really be hard - there is a side that is anti-white supremacy but also anti-violent, you just don't seem to want to be part of that either.

If you want to make a case you aren't empowering white supremacy, it's probably a good idea to stop spreading myths like "black on black crime" as something separate and special from regular crime.

and the reverse is true as well that we don't need groups like "black" lives matter or fake bullshit like BET or Black History Month. Supporting that crap is about as divisive as it gets. IMO the point of Black on Black crime is simply a response to those that cry foul about the challenges they tend to point out specific to "black" people.

If one really believes that blacks somehow have some special set of challenges that only they seem to care about then it does make sense to point out the hypocrisy when they are indeed committing crimes upon their own race. I get what you're saying about poverty being the ultimate cause, but it is pretty sad when a punk in the hood griping about "white privilege" then goes out and listens to rappers talking about bitches and hoes and then sells drugs to a 9yr old black kid in his very own neighborhood.

that's your view but it's not that of me or many others. The Antifa "movement" that we see on TV where they are getting violent or preventing free speech

again, not preventing free speech by the actual definition of free speech, only by your made up definition that includes social consequences and a double standard for a message you don't agree with.

is just as wrong in my book

and there is the false equivalence.

You can say violence is bad overall and not equate white supremacy with antifa, you choose not to because antifa isn't your "team" and right now your team is more important than doing the right thing.

as the views of a Neo Nazi. I'm not here to debate or piss and moan about who does a greater number of bad things as that's like saying a guy who is an excellent school teacher but also a pedophile isn't as bad as an unemployed psycho guy who is a rapist and serial killer. and by my wanting to execute pedophiles isn't enabling the latter. Please stop with such silly comments that clearly you feel are the only answer.

not a good analogy. and by the way, way to go equating anti-facisim with pedophilia, I'm sure you are really enjoying that one. You want simplistic? ok, a pedophile is a pedophile just like a white supremacist is a white supremacist. I don't think we want either as a school teacher. I'm not exactly going to put up a fight about someone who opposes white supremacy as a school teacher because well that's hopefully most of america. I probably would oppose a violent person as a school teacher because well violence, but again that's not exclusive to anti-white supremacy or even antifa.

If you want to have a conversation about the non-violent doxxing of white supremacists by antifa, I'm all for that discussion. Oh wait, you don't think that happens.

and the reverse is true as well that we don't need groups like "black" lives matter or fake bullshit like BET or Black History Month. Supporting that crap is about as divisive as it gets. IMO the point of Black on Black crime is simply a response to those that cry foul about the challenges they tend to point out specific to "black" people.

If one really believes that blacks somehow have some special set of challenges that only they seem to care about then it does make sense to point out the hypocrisy when they are indeed committing crimes upon their own race. I get what you're saying about poverty being the ultimate cause, but it is pretty sad when a punk in the hood griping about "white privilege" then goes out and listens to rappers talking about bitches and hoes and then sells drugs to a 9yr old black kid in his very own neighborhood.

I can't believe you are as intelligent a person as you are and you write something like this. Tim, go back and read it again a couple more times.

again, not preventing free speech by the actual definition of free speech, only by your made up definition that includes social consequences and a double standard for a message you don't agree with.

not quite following you but there's no made up definition by me here. the turds talking down free speach at universities and causing the riots and trouble are part of the Antifa movement whether invited to be or not and thier behaviors is just as bad in my book as a Neo shouting down people and their opinions. If you want to call it a false equivalence then fine, but that's not going to change the reality of what it is and that's bullshit actions by another group of turds that are no better than a Neo.

You can say violence is bad overall and not equate white supremacy with antifa, you choose not to because antifa isn't your "team" and right now your team is more important than doing the right thing.

Neither is "my team" and both are groups of turds doing wrong by Society. I actually hope someday a nut-job pops 16 or so rounds in either of those groups when they decide to lay hands on someone like they've been doing. I'll support that person as having gone bat shit crazy as they feared for their life.

I can't believe you are as intelligent a person as you are and you write something like this. Tim, go back and read it again a couple more times.

Kerry, many of us here and in life don't need to write book long responses that get deep into the layers upon layers of data around topics to simply point out the basics. The points I'm making are valid and to dismiss many here simply because we point out things bluntly and without droves of dribble surrounding things doesn't negate our points and the reality of them.