Lebanon Ford at it again

88lx5oh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And voids your brand new warranty so as this is kind of cool don't be mad if something fails and your SOL

No different than if you bought a new one and took it to a speed shop of your choice....they're just making this easier for the masses to obtain. Imagine wrapping up $10k in mods on your car loan....hell even better if you can get it on Ford's 0% for 72 months, LOL.

No different than if you bought a new one and took it to a speed shop of your choice....they're just making this easier for the masses to obtain. Imagine wrapping up $10k in mods on your car loan....hell even better if you can get it on Ford's 0% for 72 months, LOL.

Completely understand that but there are other mods that gain great power and keep the warranty such as their 670 package

Those prices are for a super base model 300a Mustang with suspension, brakes, and tires pulled off a Prius. They also lack Sync, a Shaker stereo, or any other gizmos. It's a cool idea, but it's not a complete performance package at all.

Once you start adding the costs of upgrading all the shit you need to not die, one could argue that you could just split hairs to have a warrantied Hellcat that was built head-to-toe to handle that power.. with heat or A/C blowing up your ass as well. The Mustang would be lighter and likely perform better in the end at the track (depending on the further upgrades), but I'd personally take a Hellcat, especially knowing 5 years from now that Mustang's resale will be in the 20's.

Those prices are for a super base model 300a Mustang with suspension, brakes, and tires pulled off a Prius. They also lack Sync, a Shaker stereo, or any other gizmos. It's a cool idea, but it's not a complete performance package at all.

Once you start adding the costs of upgrading all the shit you need to not die, one could argue that you could just split hairs to have a warrantied Hellcat that was built head-to-toe to handle that power.. with heat or A/C blowing up your ass as well. The Mustang would be lighter and likely perform better in the end at the track (depending on the further upgrades), but I'd personally take a Hellcat, especially knowing 5 years from now that Mustang's resale will be in the 20's.

This. My Brembo equipped car is barely enough to haul itself down from speed at stock horsepower levels, can't imagine even trying it once on the base brakes with that kind of power.

I have no issue with the Non Brembo brakes on my vert, they are every bit as big as the brembos.

Stopping multiple times in line at Starbucks isn't exactly what I was talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/bbTC7.gif

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

i kinda wonder if they worked out some kind of deal with ford corporation to get the cars for cheaper with the knowledge that the car will not have any active power train warranty on it. which in turn will potentially save ford thousands of dollars in repair costs as compared to a regular mustang sold

I have no issue with the Non Brembo brakes on my vert, they are every bit as big as the brembos.

The PP brakes are a fair bit bigger in diameter and thickness and the 6 piston setup is far more heat resistant. In daily driving the base brakes are fine, they wouldn't last a few laps on a track and with power like those in the article they wouldn't slow one of these cars fast enough at all.

called them multiple times last year on the 727 deal to order one and never heard back.

No warranty on the 727 one either, just the 670 kit.

i kinda wonder if they worked out some kind of deal with ford corporation to get the cars for cheaper with the knowledge that the car will not have any active power train warranty on it. which in turn will potentially save ford thousands of dollars in repair costs as compared to a regular mustang sold

You can't be serious lol. These "packages" weren't deals if you actually look at the prices of the parts. It's just very clever marketing.

Stopping multiple times in line at Starbucks isn't exactly what I was talking about.

Maybe the single best post I've read on Friday. Bravo.

You can't be serious lol. These "packages" weren't deals if you actually look at the prices of the parts. It's just very clever marketing.

Very serious, I don't see why the dealer wouldn't try to negotiate a better price on a couple of those cars. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no knowledge of how the dealer purchasing cars from the manufacturer works, but if say the manufacturer can knock off an extra grand because the warranty on the power train becomes none existent. That just makes it that much better for the dealer.

Some people don't enjoy the hassle of pricing together shit. I'd much rather just write the check for the car and all the mods put on it

• 1 month later...

Several companies will give you an aftermarket warranty on these modded cars but like anything lots of restrictions and limits on them..

Very serious, I don't see why the dealer wouldn't try to negotiate a better price on a couple of those cars. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no knowledge of how the dealer purchasing cars from the manufacturer works, but if say the manufacturer can knock off an extra grand because the warranty on the power train becomes none existent. That just makes it that much better for the dealer.

It was already said but they aren't doing any deals. You can actually buy the cars fairly easy for INVOICE price from many dealers and depending on rebates can get them for a few grand under invoice. All they are doing is financing the mods into the price and nothing more...