Rumor: Trails About To Be Sold

wagner

Definitely would suck but I think only temporarily. There's enough of a market here where someone else would come in with new track/s.

No, there are hardly any new tracks being built these days. Maybe old tracks being brought back from the dead, but not many new ones being built.

What happened at 42 was the exception, not the rule.

How so? Not saying you're wrong, just genuinely curious what good things could possibly come of it

It will be run by a company that wants to make money racing and will do want needs to be done to bring racers back.

Great thing I would think. Get it up to date so we can possibly have two NHRA events in Ohio. I was really hoping for a long time the local teams would put some money into it. May lose the IFO events and some T&T though.

You will never see a second NHRA event in Ohio, the Bader family won't allow it.

Probably a really bad thing. Drag strips are dieing off at a high rate.

Did nobody read my post? It's not being purchased by a land developer, it's being purchased by a company that already owns a track...

The trend now seems to be these "ownership groups" buying multiple tracks in different states, rather than building new tracks. Its their way of getting into the game without spending the HUGE money required to build a track.

I can only hope it is sold and money invested into marketing and growing with the sport. No times events, grudge races, radial races, so many things can be done there to bring racing back. Nothing against bracket racing, but that is not what draws big crowds to the stands and puts money back into the track. The best thing that happened at trails in 2016 was drag week starting and finishing there.

I can only hope it is sold and money invested into marketing and growing with the sport. No times events, grudge races, radial races, so many things can be done there to bring racing back. Nothing against bracket racing, but that is not what draws big crowds to the stands and puts money back into the track. The best thing that happened at trails in 2016 was drag week starting and finishing there.

Bracket racing keeps the lights on, having good special events helps fill the stands.

The fact it's a group that already owns a track that's doing the sniffing around makes me really think it might happen.

If I get some solid info I'll pass it along for sure.

There are SO MANY good tracks in Ohio we are spoiled. It's important to support the tracks as much as possible, we are very lucky.

The fact we have a rental lined up at Dragway 42 is amazing

Bracket racing keeps the lights on, having good special events helps fill the stands.

The fact it's a group that already owns a track that's doing the sniffing around makes me really think it might happen.

If I get some solid info I'll pass it along for sure.

There are SO MANY good tracks in Ohio we are spoiled. It's important to support the tracks as much as possible, we are very lucky.

The fact we have a rental lined up at Dragway 42 is amazing

Not anymore sadly. Trails has made to many mistakes that have just driven away even their loyal crowds. When i first started racing, it was 15 to race, 5 to spectate. When the economy went to shit a few years, less and less people were coming out anyway, so what does trails do? Makes it 15 to just watch. Not to mention they have pretty much refused to do any real track prep, and people are getting tired of it. Wednsdays are a joke anymore.

Not anymore sadly. Trails has made to many mistakes that have just driven away even their loyal crowds. When i first started racing, it was 15 to race, 5 to spectate. When the economy went to shit a few years, less and less people were coming out anyway, so what does trails do? Makes it 15 to just watch. Not to mention they have pretty much refused to do any real track prep, and people are getting tired of it. Wednsdays are a joke anymore.

They only do 60' worth of prep for Friday test and tune for christ sake. The track is what it has become due to the way it has been run for the last 10 or so years. I first went there about 16 years ago on basically every Wednesday and Friday to race. It was ALWAYS busy. A slow day back then was busier than the busy days now. The economy going to shit around '08 didn't help matters either. A lot of people had to sell off their toys to pay the bills and it seems that a lot of those people haven't really made it back to racing.

A fresh face, so to speak, could really do wonders for the track and it's fading reputation. I still enjoy going to the track, but almost every time I go on a Friday they close 30 minutes early because they have to get up early on Saturday for an event. Those are workers words not mine. What kind of bullshit is that? When it's 85 during the day, the last hour or so is usually the best air to run in and they shut it down early!! Really?!

I don't know how to properly run a track, but I do know what they tend to do isnt in the best interest of keeping the track busy and open.

I have heard also that the spring opening for 42 is a bit optimistic? Supposedly a WHOLE lot of work still to be done..? *crosses fingers*

I know they are scheduling track rentals and everything already. Not sure how much stuff they have left to complete though.

On that note, We are on the schedule for a private rental for CR on Sept 29th. :masturboy: