Looking at buying a lt1 Caprice....advice

spectragod

I am looking at buying a 14k mile lt1 9c1 caprice, is there anything I need to be looking out for?

It is documented and I will be buying from a friend, so I know it is a straight up car. Just want to know if there are specific things to look for.

Thanks

4d8ca0ccc0b69435e9f74cf6cbc33829.jpg17e5bc690f4611275950ad2b38424651.jpg1afd5ce5311ec1b9fb0adcda35f4164b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while street racing

14K miles means you have 50K miles before the transmission pops. Kidding, but only slightly as the 4L60E's reputation is "not if, but when it breaks". A leaking or failing front pump and line pressure regulator is usually the source of failure so look for trans leaking or weeps.

Does the car have any mods?

Rust. Lower rear quarters behind the wheel, trunk, lower B pillars, anything underneath. No real issues come to mind, they are great cars.

I had a '95 9C1. Trans lasted until 130k. I had it rebuilt for $1100.

http://i.imgur.com/q7UZiyel.jpg

Dad was into the wagons with the LT1's and had 6 or 7 with a couple well into the 200K mile mark. Solid cars and only items are listed above (Suspension, hoses, vacuum lines rust). He still has a 94 Buick Estate wagon with just under 90K.

Also this one had the digital heater controls and his has been intermittent (Assume both the Chevy and Buicks shares similar parts).

This is just like his:

http://www.mcsmk8.com/94-ROADMASTER/ROADMASTER.html