New 1-Mile record....Texas Mile!

Got-Boost?

Is this the fastest standing mile for a Ford GT, or the fastest standing mile, period? Seems plenty fast for an overall record, but they seem to qualify it at the end of the video.

Everything I read is that is the record for any car.

http://jalopnik.com/watch-a-2-000-hp-ford-gt-destroy-the-old-texas-mile-rec-1453540450

Absolutely insane. Wonder if they'll hit the 300 mark this year

With the right conditions I think we'll see it very soon...

I saw this on road and track and I keep wondering why hasn't a Vette or Viper done this?

Combination of power, aero and support.....not to mention the cost and most people don't have the desire to run that fast. Kelly Bise was the only competition with the Camaro and once it was totaled they haven't got the Vette near that level. Even the UGR guys said, that's just to fast. They are going for 250MPH in 1/2-Mile and have no desire to push the Mile speeds unless another customer comes along requesting it...

Maybe being mid-engine helps traction a bunch?

Yes but the biggest advantage is the aerodynamics of the FORD GT...

Is this the fastest standing mile for a Ford GT, or the fastest standing mile, period? Seems plenty fast for an overall record, but they seem to qualify it at the end of the video.

It's the fastest piston engine car in 1-Mile as well as fastest FORD GT or anything else... ;)

Damn, beat the old record by 10mph

If they can get the launch down a little better and turn it up, we'll see over 300MPH but they already don't have tires rated for what they are doing. They are pushing into a zone that's never been tested so though they want to go faster it's also a little scary finding the limits for everyone else to follow... :cool:

I saw this on road and track and I keep wondering why hasn't a Vette or Viper done this?

I would guess the aero has a role in this, its considerably different than a Viper or Vette. Last I read they had made little to no modifications to the body and aerodynamics of the GT, must be solid enough on its own and when you push it with that much damn power.....:megusta:

Took a customer car down there maybe 7-8 years ago, hit 195mph in the mile and it was sketchy (super snake). Granted I was willing to do it again...With kids now I would pass.

I remember watching the Porsche spin out at 200, truck flip at like 80 mph slowing from 170, all kinds of destruction. I can see why the UGR and others guy bowed out so to speak.

It took them a little over 2-Miles to run that speed for reference... ;)

Yes I was more thinking like someone taking one and building it up further

Curious if they did that if the aero was well enough in that platform.

Or if you have stupid money to spend something like the agera or one:1

Yes I was more thinking like someone taking one and building it up further

Curious if they did that if the aero was well enough in that platform.

Or if you have stupid money to spend something like the agera or one:1

Problem is Hennessy want $1M+ to build one not including upgrades. You'd be better off buying another GT or another platform and starting over IMO. It will cost more in the long run if you don't start with a GT but it's possible if you've got the funds and balls..