Road bicycle guys need a value PLZ

STEVE-O

I have the opportunity to buy a Cannodale CAAD8 en14781 that is my exact frame size. This is a 2011 model that has seen maybe only 100ish miles of use. It is from a good source so I know it's the truth and was not risen much at all. Pictures show it to be a in great shape.

My problem is a don't know a ton about bikes but from research it seems to be a good road bike.

What should I expect to pay for this bike assume it needs no work done to it at all and is basically showroom condition

Thats a good bike.

https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/searchlistingdetail.aspx?id=3040677

This is what a lot of "riders" use to get a rough guess on bikes. I always offer fair price when I am shopping around. You can also search eBay to get a fair idea as well.

Looked at that but was not sure how accurate it was or not

I have looked and can not tell what sub model is is of the caad8 either is what sucks because in the bike value it shows almost 30 different variations and the only other sticker on the bike says cannondale caad8 en14781 and google all pops up as 105 but I can not confirm

Looked at that but was not sure how accurate it was or not

I have looked and can not tell what sub model is is of the caad8 either is what sucks because in the bike value it shows almost 30 different variations and the only other sticker on the bike says cannondale caad8 en14781 and google all pops up as 105 but I can not confirm

find out what parts are on it, like the crankset, ect. can pretty much narrow it down for you.

Example Shimano ultegra crankset ect, or if you have any pics of the bike.

find out what parts are on it, like the crankset, ect. can pretty much narrow it down for you.

Example Shimano ultegra crankset ect, or if you have any pics of the bike.

I was given many pics after some back and forth we agreed to $400 I feel I got a pretty good deal on it especially knowing it truely was almost never used and even being 6-7 years old it was about $1500 new and looks to still be in new condition

Also fwiw it has a Shimano sora crank and gear set

I was given many pics after some back and forth we agreed to $400 I feel I got a pretty good deal on it especially knowing it truely was almost never used and even being 6-7 years old it was about $1500 new and looks to still be in new condition

Also fwiw it has a Shimano sora crank and gear set

You probably overpaid for it a little bit. I bought a 2011 CAAD8 brand new at the end of 2011 with Tiagra components (the next level up) for $900. MSRP is no where near retail.

There is a bicycle blue book app that puts that bike at $300 in "like new" condition.

Good news is, the frame is a solid entry level frame, and you can probably snag a 10s Ultegra groupset for like $200 and have a really solid bike with very smooth shifting. If you decide to go this route, let me know and I can help you get it all swapped over. That Sora stuff is literally some of the junkiest road shit Shimano put out. That, and I'm 99% sure that's still 9sp, when all new bikes now have been on 11s for like 2-3 years, so it's pretty dated.

You probably overpaid for it a little bit. I bought a 2011 CAAD8 brand new at the end of 2011 with Tiagra components (the next level up) for $900. MSRP is no where near retail.

There is a bicycle blue book app that puts that bike at $300 in "like new" condition.

Good news is, the frame is a solid entry level frame, and you can probably snag a 10s Ultegra groupset for like $200 and have a really solid bike with very smooth shifting. If you decide to go this route, let me know and I can help you get it all swapped over. That Sora stuff is literally some of the junkiest road shit Shimano put out. That, and I'm 99% sure that's still 9sp, when all new bikes now have been on 11s for like 2-3 years, so it's pretty dated.

Yea I knew it was probably a little on the high side but thought at that price it was still fair as I o ow exactly where the bike is coming from and the money is going to help fund a wedding so if I didn't hear a steal on this it was okay with me I mostly wanted to be sure I didn't get taken to the cleaners and as my first road bike think for $400 it is a good entry bike that like you said I can upgrade if I feel the need

Thanks for the input il see how I like it and def could use help with some upgrades in the future I've only put together one or 2 bikes in my whole life so modding them is pretty foreign to me