Cr travel experts : Private secluded vacation spots.

Buckeye1647545503

Looking to plan our honeymoon. We are hunting for "The" spot.

My wants :

-As few other people as possible

-Not a big Hotel, exotic feel not chain Hotel feel. Would love a Fiji type hut but that's not in the budget.

- Great food. Been on a Diet for 6 months with many to go... I want Yums!

-

Her wants

-White sand beach attached to room or a very short walk

- killer views

- 10 hr or less flight. (Motion sickness limits the smog time she's willing to spend in a metal tube)

-Safe, not gonna gets kidnapped/ robbed.

Ok what are your suggestions?

So far our leaders are

Couples Nigel Jamaica

Unico 20' 87' in Mexico.

That Unico place looks sweet.

We've been to El Taj in Playa del Carmen and one of the old Sandals resorts in Jamaica and I would choose Mexico 1000k times before going back to Jamaica. It was like half the cost and 2x the fun.

Jamaica just didn't do it for us. The resort was nice. The staff "acted" nice. The excursions were always packed, rushed and over priced. The locals were always hassling you for something. Just off putting for the money spent.

We chose not to do all inclusive in Mexican and it was the best decision we made. El Taj has large condo style rooms for pretty good price. So much to see and do outside of a resort. So many good restaurants and cheap activities in and around Playa. IMO the food at all inclusives is never awesome. Always just good.

I think its gonna be hard to tell how many people are gonna be at your resort. Some of the resorts are huge and it seems like no one is there and then a day later the place seems packed.

As my wife and I get a little older we tend to spend less money on the place to stay and more money on the activities, sight seeing and great food spots. just my $.02

Enjoy either way.

What about Punta cana in the DR. Many of the adult only locations are awesome, very relaxed and allow you to not have to see many people if you don't want too, we paid $900/person for a week all inclusive flight from cols included

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Check out point pleasant resort on St Thomas. Condos spread out over a jungle hillside, with paths connecting them and the beaches/pools/restaurants. Very secluded with close amenities. St John's is also a short scenic boat ride away.

f3df9d8c7b5b4f73d02739611d2aa923.jpg6794b3864eb28ae107ea92e673051b8a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Try this:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/stxbr-renaissance-st-croix-carambola-beach-resort-and-spa/

Wife and I were there in March. 4 unit villas spread along the beach. Food was OK on site, but we hit all kinds of local restaurants, never ate inside 4 walls all week. St Croix is NOT touristy except a little bit in downtown Christiansted.

I thought St John was pretty amazing, although there are very few houses/hotels directly on the beach. Definitely some killer beaches, views, and restaurants though...

This. We stayed in St. Thomas at Secret Harbour and went to St. John 3 different days. You'll see other people at SH, and occasionally some cruise people (it's on the complete opposite end of the island from the ports, so with drive time and shit, they're only there a few hours), but it's not crazy. good snorkeling right off the beach too.

I will jump on the St John's bandwagon as well and recommend Trunk Bay as a must-see. This beach was like nothing I've ever experienced before, whether it be Mexico, Jamaica, Carolinas, Gulf Coast of FL, etc.

http://stjohn-beachguide.com/trunk-bay/

Just do a google image search for it and you'll see what I mean.

Anytime I think of secluded, beautiful white sand beach I think of Flamenco beach on Culebra (Puerto Rico). But We've never stayed on the island of Culebra we've always stayed on Puerto Rico and taken day trips there. The hotels on Culebra didn't look too exotic to me.

There's a condo that we rent on the south side of the Island in Puerto Rico when we visit my wife's family that sits on Playa Santa that's another great secluded spot. You could disappear from the world for a week down there but no hotel to pamper you.

Not a huge fan of Jamaica as others have stated.

Mexico is my favorite travel destination these days. St. Martin, St. John and others are great but can get away from you from an expense perspective pretty quickly if you're not careful.

The beach in the hotel district of Cancun and Playacar are my wife's favorite when it comes to soft, white, fine sand. I've said it a million times but Cancun has the all inclusive vacation model perfected. It's cheap, easy and consistent if you stay anywhere that's 4 star rated or above. The only thing is I wouldn't call it secluded. It's hotel after hotel for a few mile stretch of beach. However, there are properties that are smaller, less populated and not very crowded.

Look at these 3 in particular if you decide on Cancun:

Le Blanc http://www.leblancsparesort.com/

Secrets The Vine http://www.secretsresorts.com/vine-cancun?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2-bHBRDEh6qk5b6yqKIBEiQAFUz29rvhtLrN6LO2yaGvBaCpqXMB9lCKuUvNyOinTWxCX0saAsi68P8HAQ

Live Aqua - https://www.expedia.com/Cancun-Hotels-Live-Aqua-Beach-Resort-Cancun-Adults-Only-All-Inclusive.h1140762.Hotel-Information?HotelID=1140762&kword=live_aqua_cancun!e.ZzZz.4830000197245.0.169220107107.live%20aqua%20cancun.live_aqua_cancun&semcid=US.UB.GOOGLE.SEARCH.HOTEL&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2-bHBRDEh6qk5b6yqKIBEiQAFUz29pFvHJNtpuu73MoIy-bR2o99rnA82tOYsjfQIGtBxMoaAtnh8P8HAQ

We had an experience at Secrets the Vine back in November that was to die for. I was amazed at how good their food was, we did the honeymoon suite on the top floor with full wrap around balcony and the room was soo great we almost didn't ever want to leave the room. We never had any issues finding chairs by the pool or at the beach. Never had to wait to be seated for dinner. We like to try new places all the time and left and immediately booked Secrets again for this year we were soo impressed.

Finally, Costa Rica is also a great spot. It fits the bill of secluded, great properties with good food. We stayed at a couple of properties down there that we would absolutely go to again. The only thing with Costa Rica is the beaches are not "white sand". It's a volcano region so they are a darker, coarser sand than some other destinations.

Close to the airport and great.

http://www.riu.com/en/hotel/costa-rica/guanacaste/hotel-riu-palace-costa-rica/index.jsp?c3api=2968,36528871810,aud-291349995720:kwd-49143587180&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2-bHBRDEARIsABVM9vb6EN4NUfas5DldmyHxlfwrv9v1YgsQlPg6bJC-dRPbbfontQ_Ggh8aAj7uEALw_wcB

60-90 min from the airport but this one really has the secluded part down.

http://www.dreamsresorts.com/en_us/resorts/costa-rica/las-mareas.html?_vsrefdom=dreams-ppc&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2-bHBRDEh6qk5b6yqKIBEiQAFUz29hoXzbkKGqV-cx4OYlO6PP91sGnftbpxnUpjCeDpemMaAmU38P8HAQ

If St John is a possibility and you really want to stay at a resort on the beach, check out Caneel Bay Resort. We stopped there and ate at ZoZo's one night and the grounds, views, and food were incredible. I think it's kinda pricey at $500-1000 a night... there are plenty of baller rental houses up on the hills for less though.

If you do end up staying there, definitely rent a Jeep so you can check out the rest of the island. Can't wait to go back...

Are you guys planning on snorkeling/diving or just laying on the beach?

Bitter End Yacht Club on Virgin Gorda

http://www.beyc.com/

You know Necker Island, Richard Branson's private island that he rents out for something crazy like $40k/night? Yeah, its right near there. Often when celebs get tired of the monotony of a 100+ person staff waiting on their every need, they'll venture over to the BEYC for dinner.

I've been to BEYC 6 times and it is just amazing. You can do the more resort-ish side where all the rooms are air conditioned and up on a beautiful hill, or you can do the more local style where there's no AC but the rooms are wide open to the breeze coming in through the sound. Hammocks on the decks are also a great place to sleep. There were years where I just wanted to be a beach bum and do nothing the whole time, there were others where we chartered boats and scuba trips. One of my favorite trips was a sail charter we took to an island with literally no one on it. We packed a lunch, got dropped off at the island, jumped off rocks and slept on the beach all day, then got picked up late afternoon to make it back before dinner.

If BEYC isn't your cup o tea, Little Dix Bay (https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/little-dix-bay-virgin-gorda) is on another part of the island and may be more your speed. Much more secluded and private, more geared towards couples just trying to lounge for a week. It's where my parents honeymooned 35 years ago.

EDIT: FYI You'll need a passport, it's British Virgin Islands. I also recommend booking your flights so that on the way there, you stay a night in San Juan. You can experience some of Puerto Rico, and then you can book an early morning flight to Tortola so you don't lose a ton of time traveling.