attention all nerds, Star Trek is back...

HotCarl

I watched the trailer tonight and am a bit baffled by a lot of what they have going on. They supposedly werent going to go the way of the new movies, but it sure seems like they have. Ill watch it.. i'll love hate it.. and ill watch it again to revisit those emotions.

I'll give it a shot, but I don't think it'll measure up.

It also bothers me that the tech level makes it look like it should be post-Voyager, not pre-Kirk. The Klingon designs don't look like the right time period either. Hopefully they'll explain it.

It also bothers me that the tech level makes it look like it should be post-Voyager, not pre-Kirk. The Klingon designs don't look like the right time period either. Hopefully they'll explain it.

Agreed on both counts... This looks almost Kelvin-ish when it comes to sets and graphics, not TOS. Klingons of this era should have minimal cranial protrusions, and look more like dudes from bad B movies with Fu Manchu facial hair and bushy eyebrows. These guys, and their costumes, don't remind me at all of klingons.

Am I understanding this right that it is on CBS All Access, where you have to subscribe to watch it? The pilot will air on TV, then all episodes are pay, from what I get.

Fuck that noise. I've watched every series except the original but I'm not adding some bullshit bill every month just to watch this show.

I'll give it a shot, but I don't think it'll measure up.

Absolutely agree, i noticed it when they first beamed up but chalked it up to having to appeal to an audience that expects those kind of effects in a sci-fi series. In the end this show will have to attract non-diehards so i think they'll waiver on some things.

Am I understanding this right that it is on CBS All Access, where you have to subscribe to watch it? The pilot will air on TV, then all episodes are pay, from what I get.

And .... never mind. No way I'm signing up for a service to watch this. $6.99 a month and I still have to watch commercials? Nope. Nope. Nope.

I love how Motor Trend on YouTube keeps hyping Motor Trend On Demand.

Sorry, David Freiburger...Amazon and Netflix have my monthly subscription monies...you and CBS All-Access are too late to the game. :lol:

I love how Motor Trend on YouTube keeps hyping Motor Trend On Demand.

Sorry, David Freiburger...Amazon and Netflix have my monthly subscription monies...you and CBS All-Access are too late to the game. :lol:

We recently subscribed to it. So far no real complaints. One thing we have always asked for is alacart TV

I'm getting what I asked for and only paying for what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We recently subscribed to it. So far no real complaints. One thing we have always asked for is alacart TV

I'm getting what I asked for and only paying for what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.