Dynod my ST

Ackbar00

They had a dyno day last weeked and I decided to see what the ST would put down. I was hoping for 250 and I beat that. Plus the torque is pretty crazy. Pretty happy with the results :)

AP3 / Mountune 91 Oct tune

CFM Off road Downpipe / Res Removed / Stock Muffler

Roush Air Lid and filter

Turbosmart BOV

Depo 3.5 Intercooler

262 HP / 374 Torque

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae290/ackbar00/ST/ST%20Dyno_zps0almxn3a.jpg

I'd guess you need to get rid of that stock pea-shooter turbo to make any real power. But then you get the lag...

The GTX's can make decent power (Mid 300s? Correct me if I'm wrong) without TOO much lag. I just put an intake on mine the other day. I know it's effectively a $250 sound tube, but it makes me smile to and from work. Also took off the sound symposer...do this if you haven't! I really want an exhaust now, too!

Very nice torque number, though! The torque steer on the dyno was :lol:

The tune is what unlocks all the torque and is the biggest thing you can add to a ST. The tune adds a lot of Peak torque, but not much peak HP. It does though, add a lot under the peak curve. After that, the intercooler is needed, the stock one is like, shit.

I run a 91 tune because I am being extra careful. Tuner said a 93 tune would add about 20 more WHP. I can live with that.

Stock dynos are around 230/260 Wheel.

The GTX's can make decent power (Mid 300s? Correct me if I'm wrong) without TOO much lag. I just put an intake on mine the other day. I know it's effectively a $250 sound tube, but it makes me smile to and from work. Also took off the sound symposer...do this if you haven't! I really want an exhaust now, too!

Very nice torque number, though! The torque steer on the dyno was :lol:

I hated every exhaust I listened to. Lets face it, these things just don't sound that cool. The Off road DP added quite a bit a growl just by itself. I almost just left it that way, but then went and had the res cutout. It sounds stock, until you start laying into it.

I hated every exhaust I listened to. Lets face it, these things just don't sound that cool. The Off road DP added quite a bit a growl just by itself. I almost just left it that way, but then went and had the res cutout. It sounds stock, until you start laying into it.

I get what you mean, not the best sounding engine ever. All things considered though, I don't the Ford Racing exhaust sounds terrible, same for the Injen exhaust surprisingly.

I've got a few friends that have the MBRP cat back and it's probably one of the better sounding exhausts for these cars.

Torque steer on dyno moving it around on the roller? Yikes that would make me a tad nervous! Very impressive, used to take a twin turbo 3liter v6 or oldschool v8 to make those kinds of wheel numbers... ask me how I know! ;)

Should be quite a fun lil rocket around the roads. Enjoy it!

Torque steer on dyno moving it around on the roller? Yikes that would make me a tad nervous!

Torque steer is horrid in these cars. Its simply boor engineering. Racing FWD cars all my life, I have seen just a change in wheel offset induce, or remove torque steer. if they spent more than 5 seconds on the design of the suspension and front end, I am sure they could have sorted this out.

I've got a few friends that have the MBRP cat back and it's probably one of the better sounding exhausts for these cars.

How's the drone on the MBRP? This is my dad-mobile, so it's got to be next to none. From what I've read and seen the 2 I mentioned don't drone much if at all, but I'm always open to suggestions.

How's the drone on the MBRP? This is my dad-mobile, so it's got to be next to none. From what I've read and seen the 2 I mentioned don't drone much if at all, but I'm always open to suggestions.

The one guy said it's definitely louder than stock, but it's not terrible. Been awhile since I've been in his car. He does also have a catless downpipe on his as well so his might be louder than with just the exhaust, but everyone recommends removing the sound symposer. That actually helped with the sound levels. He's got a 15 month old and said she's okay with it most of the time.

Another one I like is the Borla, but it's a lot more money.

Another reason I don't like the exhaust, is you don't gain hardly anything from one. Any gains you see, will be from the downpipe. The is practically nothing from a cat back. This is assuming stock turbo of course.

For a daily driver exhaust, I think my setup is about perfect.

I was a little nervous with it moving like that. I know they did not re-tighten the straps after running it for a second, so I am sure that was some of it. I am considering picking up one of these, supposed to help a lot with the torque steer:

http://tbperformanceproducts.com/Products.php#!/Traction-Bar/p/77034542/category=21924901

Its got rave reviews on FocusST.org.

Another fun thing that day, there was a 14 5.0 there. Had a lot of Boltons. Long tubes, FRP Intake, JLT CAI, tuned, etc. It put down 390 torque :)

Also was GTI with almost the same bolt ons as me. Pretty sure his numbers were 264/368.

Another reason I don't like the exhaust, is you don't gain hardly anything from one. Any gains you see, will be from the downpipe. The is practically nothing from a cat back. This is assuming stock turbo of course.

For a daily driver exhaust, I think my setup is about perfect.

I was a little nervous with it moving like that. I know they did not re-tighten the straps after running it for a second, so I am sure that was some of it. I am considering picking up one of these, supposed to help a lot with the torque steer:

http://tbperformanceproducts.com/Products.php#!/Traction-Bar/p/77034542/category=21924901

Its got rave reviews on FocusST.org.

That literally sounds like magic. The whole reason I haven't done a different rear motor mount is because of increased vibration. If that traction bar is everything they say, that sounds pretty perfect!

That literally sounds like magic. The whole reason I haven't done a different rear motor mount is because of increased vibration. If that traction bar is everything they say, that sounds pretty perfect!

http://www.focusst.org/forum/vendor-deals/67305-tb-performance-products-traction-bar-group-buy.html

This was one of the threads where people were reporting back.

One of my former college roomates specializes in these cars, Russell Culver, he owns Dead Hook Motorsports. Hes done some pretty impressive things with them.

http://www.deadhookmotorsports.com/

https://www.facebook.com/DeadHookMotorsports/

I REALLY want one of their shift extenders, well at least I'm willing to pay the $65 to try it out. Their website says out of stock, and I've messaged them on Facebook multiple times and written on their wall to inquire about one. I know it's not much money to them, but I wish they'd get back to me.