Randys Machine Shop

Rocky31186

Needed a cylinder head gone over and looked everywhere for recommendations for where to go. Found a ton of mixed reviews on here.

Randys Machine Shop in Whitehall off of main st got my cylinder head done in less then 24 hrs and turned out great.

My dad just had all of the machine work done by them on an engine he's putting together and was very happy with his experience as well. Quick, good pricing and they were honest about what actually needed done. They didn't try to sell him services he didn't need.

I read / was told Eric has been charged with federal gun crimes, selling 60+ rifles to Mexico

Seriously?

Yeah, he's a friend of mine. I haven't asked him directly, but after Rocky mentioned it to me I looked up the dispatch article. He isn't the guy who did the selling, but he got wrapped up in the deal. He plead guilty to a number of charges. Honestly, without talking to him about it yet, I'm going to say that he's too nice a guy and trusted the wrong person trying to help them out.

I do know at one time he was licensed to do all sorts of fire arms work, not sure why his shop was unlicensed according to the article. No excuse for breaking the law, but he really is a good guy. He's not doing any firearms work at all anymore as far as I know. It does bother me that bad people will be doing bad things to good people with those rifles, and he was involved. But I will continue to trust him with my automotive machine work until I have a reason not to.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170427/ohioan-charged-in-sale-of-62-sniper-rifles-to-mexican-buyers

Rick fixed the seep in my oil pan and relocated some sensors into an exhaust pipe for me. No shop around town was capable of cutting and fabbing it for me. Outstanding work.

Wouldn't have guessed this. Hopefully he stays among the rest of us during that'll of that.

• 3 weeks later...
Likely entirely irrelevant to most of this forum, but Randy happens to be really good on vintage Mercedes Benz engines, I use him for all my projects and customer cars. Good guy with good prices. Never had a bad experience with him.