Chicago Trip- Suggestions?

Zx2guy19

Lots of fun stuff to do, just depends on the dates.

Second City Comedy Club is always fun, Blue Man group, etc. if you want shows.

Any of the museum, art stuff as most have recommended.

Navy Pier

The new http://theskydeck.com/ is cool if you want to stand on flexi/glass and look straight down from the top of the Tower... ;)

3-day recommendations- http://travel.usnews.com/Chicago_IL/things-to-do/3-day-itinerary/

Some good suggestions. I'd add do the Hancock building over Sears tower. Hancock has a bar at the top and makes for a cool sunset trip up. Get there early as it's busy around sunset. We bought the day/night pass the day before so we could bypass the line and you get the 2nd trip up for like $10..

Use to be called the Observatory but they've made it more touresty now... http://www.360chicago.com/

Bad ass. We are writing down every one of these restaurants and she's googling them on the way. We are 100% going to the park and 99% doing the boat tour- the museum is a big possibility too. Definitely loving the suggestions for rooftop bars and stuff, we love that king of thing. Thanks everyone!

I personally would kinda pick a couple of favorites to do then go from there. Don't try to pack too much in per day. We took the older kids last trip and stayed on the go all day every day trying to make sure they did as much as possible. Kinda regretted it later because we were walking 6-7 miles a day so by the end of the day everyone was just tired and bitchy so not getting a ton of enjoyment out of the places. After the restaurants and Hancock my favorite place would probably be the museum of science and technology. The field museum was pretty cool too though.

So we are now for sure doing:

Pizza w/ some friends at Lou Malnati's

Going to Centennial park

Going to the Sears Tower

Taking the architecture boat tour

We were recommended a bar in Hotel Lincoln, so we may check that out as well.

Going to Centennial park

Going to the Sears Tower

Not the best pizza

That park is snoozeville

That building is snoozeville

The boat tour is cool

Bleh

Going to Centennial park

Going to the Sears Tower

Not the best pizza

That park is snoozeville

The boat tour is cool

Bleh

giphy.gif

Not the best pizza

That park is snoozeville

The boat tour is cool

Bleh

Haha, I hear it's an age old debate on the pizza. I'm sure we'll try another place while we're there.

Any other building you recommend? I'm definitely open to it. Our hotel is literally overlooking Centennial, so I think we basically have to go. It won't be a spectacle though, probably just a quick exploration.

Fixed'ish :) Great club scene there if your dimes and bass drops

Give me some names! We'd be down for that for sure.

Haha, I hear it's an age old debate on the pizza. I'm sure we'll try another place while we're there.

Any other building you recommend? I'm definitely open to it. Our hotel is literally overlooking Centennial, so I think we basically have to go. It won't be a spectacle though, probably just a quick exploration.

Give me some names! We'd be down for that for sure.

meh, pizza is pizza. if you've had it one place, you've had it everyplace. why not go to a unique-ish restaurant? there are tremendous steakhouses in Chicago---I know there are plenty in cbus as well.

for something unique and fantastic, I would recommend 'the girl and the goat'. its super busy, you'll have no shot at a reservation. you can easily eat there if you go late, and wait by the bar/lounge area. grab a few drinks, wait for a couple bar stools to open up, and enjoy incredibly unique food. its a small plate-type place. I'd recommend the pig-face, and the halibut. you want to order at least 5 small plates. you'll thank me later, the food is epic

meh, pizza is pizza. if you've had it one place, you've had it everyplace. why not go to a unique-ish restaurant? there are tremendous steakhouses in Chicago---I know there are plenty in cbus as well.

I agree 100%. I was not going to dive in here, but since I am invited.. ;)

I have many 20 something savage buds in Chicago and have wrecked the town many, many times.

Brunch/Breakfast try out River Roast or "the Kitchen". Best view, great food.

Pizza- pick the closest one to your location

Do the Museum and/or Aquarium. They are world class attractions.

Good dinner I'd recommend since your a first timer (because being a tourist is fun)

Signature Room @ 95th (great pregame spot too) or Sixteen @ Trump Tower

Clubs- In order of recommendation since your bringing a lady-

ROOF @ the Wit

Down and Dirty- Party till 5am- "Help" provided in necessary LOL

Underground or Spybar

Wanna see a Celebrity? Money to Blow?

Studio Paris

Have fun!

So far we've done the boat tour, which was awesome, then went to the Purple Pig- thanks to whoever recommended that, fucking amazing! The bone marrow and salted beets were unreal. Heading to the Hancock tower now

So far we've done the boat tour, which was awesome, then went to the Purple Pig- thanks to whoever recommended that, fucking amazing! The bone marrow and salted beets were unreal. Heading to the Hancock tower now

You're welcome. I was hesitant on the bone marrow dishes but man were they awesome.

This place is awesome. Still trying to nail down a place for dinner tonight- I'm pulling for the Girl and the goat but the girlfriend wants steak.

We went to the goat for burgers earlier- awesome call. Cheap as hell and delicious. We had The Goddess for breakfast which like 60 feet from our hotel. Also very good. I'm easily $400 in food and drinks so far. I've given up on finding somewhere cheap.

Edited by Zx2guy19