WWCR Do....

TTQ B4U

Wife and I are looking to trade in the minivan but she's not quite decided on her dream car so we're looking for a mid-term newish SUV.

Needs/wants:

• Small to Medium Size SUV
  • Gotta scoot - she likes the oomph and torque of the minivan so base dull 4 bangers are out - open to turbos that move out decent though.
  • 1-3 years old with low miles is fine. Ideal is 1-2yrs old with less than 20k on it
  • Nicely featured but don't need leather or all the goodies
  • Ideally $20-25k is what we would be looking at

Thoughts from the crew appreciated

I always thought the Ford Edge was nice for a mid-sized SUV, can be had with a v-6 or the ecoboost 2.0 (245hp, 275tq). Bigger than the Escape but not a large 3-row suv

http://www.byersford.com/certified/Ford/2016-Ford-Edge-for-sale-Delaware-OH-1b587d480a0e0a1777641ac09598bf50.htm?searchDepth=5:11

Are you familiar with the Traverse/Acadia/Enclave vehicles? LMAO, of course I'm kidding, kind of meet your criteria except I can't in good judgment recommend that to anyone.

So on a serious note, midsize suvs have kind of fallen out of favor it seems. Crossover vehicle seem to be all the rage lately. What do you guys think?

I know I'm on a bit of a Mopar kick right now and this is probably ever so slightly out of your range, but a Durango R/T? Does that qualify as medium?

That qualifies for big-as-fuck actually :lolguy:

Tim, Getcha a nice jet black Q5 to match the S. Honestly, the smaller you can get away with, the more room you will have for washing both in the garage!. Getting our Countryman was awesome for this perk lol

does it have to be an suv?

The golf all track wagon is a lifted jetta sport wagon with 4motion AWD. It comes in stick and makes about 175hp which isn't fast but isn't a yugo merging on to the freeway slow. It's only 1 year old in this country so used would only be a 2016/17, but new it's possible to configure one for under $30K. Here is a brand new one for $28K on the lot at MAG:

http://www.vw.com/car-profile.2017$BX5CN7$2016-07-03.html#!v=3VWH17AU0HM543509

and a used one for $24K with 3000 miles on it 2 hours away at Fairfield VW near cincy:

https://worldautocertified.com/vehicle/3VWH17AU9HM508449-2017-Volkswagen-Golf-Alltrack-TSI-S/

The other one I would look at is an Audi Q3. It's a MK5/6/7 platform based suv so think of it as a lifted and streched GTI or just a fancier VW Tiguan. 200hp, it's nimble, small but not cramped, and uses the 2.0T engine you find in most audi products and the VW GTI and GLI models. Here is a used 2015 one in dayton with 50K on the clock for $24K:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/695213369/overview/

The BMW x3 is nice also. My mother just picked one up for around $25K with about 20K miles on it. hers is fully loaded but has the smaller turbo four 2 litre engine which still moves the thing out at a decent pace.

Are you familiar with the Traverse/Acadia/Enclave vehicles? LMAO, of course I'm kidding, kind of meet your criteria except I can't in good judgment recommend that to anyone.

So on a serious note, midsize suvs have kind of fallen out of favor it seems. Crossover vehicle seem to be all the rage lately. What do you guys think?

Came in here to post the same shit. Now if you feel like giving a tech a few decent paychecks to repair all the problems they have then go Acadia/traverse/enclave

New CR-V has the torquey-er turbo 4 cylinder. Very new though so likely hard to find second hand this soon.

Otherwise, Durango's aren't bad as was mentioned. Even the V6 should be minivan comparable.

CUV's aren't replacing midsize-SUV's as much as they're taking business away from sedans and "traditional" car sales. If I'm a single guy with a dog, I've got 25 CUV options with every marketing source pitching an active lifestyle instead of the 5 sedans that I hear about when local dealers have a lease/finance deal.

Seriously, aside from the Alfa Romeo Giulia, when was the last time you remember seeing a car ad?

My off-lease C-Max Energi is a really, really nice car for the price.

2 years old,

26k miles, loaded with every option, 45mpg (my current average), for $16k. With both motors working it scoots pretty well, instant torque from electric motor is awesome.

Cargo space is a weak spot but I would buy again in a heartbeat.