Place in Columbus for Military Uniform Alterations?

Bigbird

Hey guys, I'm heading into town tomorrow and will be attending a wedding on Saturday in Canton. I just found out I need to wear a tie and really the only thing I have fitting that bill are my Dress Blues. Thing is, I just made rank (date of rank was actually yesterday). I know no one there will care, but I'd really like to wear the proper rank. My grandfather will be in attendance and he's a retired Lt Colonel. He's never seen me in uniform, so I feel like he'd appreciate it.

With all that said, does anyone know a place in town where I could get my new stripes sewn on with a quick (preferably next day) turn around? Thanks in advance!

Where at will you be? I think most dry cleaners can do it. Just tell them exactly where it needs to be sewn in

North side of town. That's definitely an option, but I'd prefer to take it somewhere with experience if possible. Not something you want to risk getting messed up, you know?

Joe, do you think they can get it done by Friday? I didn't even think about Rickenbacker. The one here usually takes longer for blues. They got my ABUs done in a day, though.

If it's just rank and you tell them you need to leave with it, you could have a good chance. Adare sold it, and I don't know who the new person is in there now. Get there when thy open on Wednesday and that's your best bet.

There is a PX at Rickenbacker Air Base. In the PX, there is an alteration shop. I haven't found any other place to trust my uniforms to in Columbus.

That's the last place I took mine to in Columbus, easiest way to do it without getting measurements screwed up. Of course it's been like 10 years since i've been there...

Did it work out?

My mom actually found a place for me before while I was on my way into town, right up the street from her house. They did a great job and it was nice to have my new stripes on for the wedding! Thanks for your help, gents!

It's called Alteration Station. It's right behind the City Barbeque at Sancus and Lazelle near the Polaris Mall. Here's the address...

Alteration Station

8497 Sancus Blvd, Columbus, OH 43240

(614) 844-4864