Question

integranator

Hello all, quick question--

I work at a Country Club, a member of the club was seen on the driving range with a pistol in his waist, not in a holster, late last night. We have signs stating "no guns on the premise" on the clubhouse doors, but I am not familiar with open carry/concealed carry laws so i'm not sure if he's able to have a pistol on the driving range. Thoughts?

:shrug:

Ohio no guns signs aren’t as tightly regulated – the sign merely has to be visible and say the following:

“Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under his control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly handgun or dangerous ordnance onto these premises.”

Though the wording might give one the impression that a licensed carrier is exempt, that is not the case – only law enforcement can carry on premises with legal signage in Ohio. Businesses can get a template from the state Attorney General’s website.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/20/ccw-weekend-when-do-you-have-to-obey-no-guns-signs/

Does the sign say the above?

Hello all, quick question--

I work at a Country Club, a member of the club was seen on the driving range with a pistol in his waist, not in a holster, late last night. We have signs stating "no guns on the premise" on the clubhouse doors, but I am not familiar with open carry/concealed carry laws so i'm not sure if he's able to have a pistol on the driving range. Thoughts?

Are you management? If not, alert your management and let them handle it as best they see fit. Probably, if they know who the member is, they will handle it discretely though letters and private conversations and not in public so as to embarrass anybody. This is a matter for whomever handles membership at the top of the chain, not for individual employees to confront anybody.

If someone is a big enough douche to carry a pistol in their waist band, it's probably not a good idea to directly confront them anyway, make someone else do it.

Country Clubs are private property, and carry laws don't override an individuals right to regulate his or her property as they see fit....or in other words if the country club doesn't want guns on it's premises then it has the right to restrict them full stop. The signs help, but the language is not necessarily compulsory as long as the intent is clear (which is why you see so many signs of various language).

More importantly, the sign is just a reminder of the terms of the membership agreement and code of conduct, which the member will have been furnished when he/she joined. Violating the code of conduct carries membership penalties, again why the higher ups in the chain who oversee membership affairs should handle this.

Are you management? If not, alert your management and let them handle it as best they see fit. Probably, if they know who the member is, they will handle it discretely though letters and private conversations and not in public so as to embarrass anybody. This is a matter for whomever handles membership at the top of the chain, not for individual employees to confront anybody.

This. If your position and pay don't warrant you worrying about, report it and don't worry about it.

If someone is a big enough douche to carry a pistol in their waist band, it's probably not a good idea to directly confront them anyway, make someone else do it.

While I originally wanted to also agree with this portion, it's kind of presumptuous. One person claims they saw a gun in a waistband without a holster. Could it not have been in an IWB holster?

http://cdn.aliengearholsters.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1200x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/c/o/concealed-carry-revolver-holster_1_3.jpg

http://www.holsterhero.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Iwb-holster-open.jpg

Country Clubs are private property, and carry laws don't override an individuals right to regulate his or her property as they see fit....or in other words if the country club doesn't want guns on it's premises then it has the right to restrict them full stop. The signs help, but the language is not necessarily compulsory as long as the intent is clear (which is why you see so many signs of various language).

More importantly, the sign is just a reminder of the terms of the membership agreement and code of conduct, which the member will have been furnished when he/she joined. Violating the code of conduct carries membership penalties, again why the higher ups in the chain who oversee membership affairs should handle this.

Back to agreeing with Kerry.

All that being said, depending on the firearm, holster or not, etc, the member maybe, possibly, might have, accidentally forgotten. Yeah, swinging clubs all day you'd think you'd remember/notice, but if he carries all day errday...

Also, we're assuming the golfer is NOT off duty LEO.

Judgement based off assumptions of one persons observations as they remember them happening awhile later. 'Murica.

I'm not saying yes/no, right/wrong. I'm saying I agree with Kerry that it should be reported to the proper person of authority at the country club. Hell, they may know the individual and the situation. I dunno.