Cars got stolen last night.

vonrottes

Both my 1992 Hoopty S10 and my step mom's 2006 Charger.

Along with two Wheels/tires I had not put on my s10 yet.

Both car were recovered this morning off south high steer, the charger in the walmart parking lot and the s10 stuck in the mud.

Both cars were wrecked, the charger is possibly totalled, s10 looks to just be sheet metal damage.

Appears most stolen items were left in the back seat of the charger, but the two loose wheels were not found.

So, If you guys could keep an eye out for TWO 19" Verde Parallax wheels (black with machined face) with brand new 275/40 Sumitomo HTR Z III. That'd be appreciated.

My dad is dealing with insurance for me, since it's on his policy. So I don't know what will come of that, I was able to drive my truck home...but it's pretty banged up.

Wow. Sorry to hear. :(

EDIT: not to be insensitive, but your S10 is a pretty loud truck, I take it. Did no one hear it when it was fired up?

My truck unfortunately stays parked in the street, had it been in the driveway, I would have heard it for sure since my room is on the same side of the house.

Probably a bunch of kids with nothing better to do.

I noticed there's been a pretty steep uptick in crime the last couple weeks, obviously since school's out, but lots more car theft/vandalisms and shootings.

That is what we are assuming, since the ONLY things of value they stole were my wheels/tires (which are about $6-700) They didn't take any tools from the garage except for my floor jack (which is in the charger still) some jugs of oil, gas cans, etc.

When we got to the impound lot, both cars smelled like they had been soaked in gas, even the officer my dad was talking to mentioned it. Guess they were going to torch the cars and shit they didn't need/want to get rid of all the prints or whatever... Detectives are coming tomorrow to check for prints in the garage, and window where they got it, so hopefully that leads to an arrest..

That is what we are assuming, since the ONLY things of value they stole were my wheels/tires (which are about $6-700) They didn't take any tools from the garage except for my floor jack (which is in the charger still) some jugs of oil, gas cans, etc.

When we got to the impound lot, both cars smelled like they had been soaked in gas, even the officer my dad was talking to mentioned it. Guess they were going to torch the cars and shit they didn't need/want to get rid of all the prints or whatever... Detectives are coming tomorrow to check for prints in the garage, and window where they got it, so hopefully that leads to an arrest..

Car didn't get stolen, but a couple years ago in the Kenny/Kinnear area someone got into my car parked on the street and stole my sunglasses, old school iPod, and a few quarters. They had clearly handled my garage door opener and yet they didn't open it and take the thousands of dollars worth of tools/bikes/motorcycle helmets/etc that were in there. Right around the same time as now.

I've long been a proponent of all-year education in this country. Make it 4 days a week, year round, and I guarantee summertime crime rates drop and graduation rates go up. We already pay teachers year round, might as well get the money's worth out of them.

Car didn't get stolen, but a couple years ago in the Kenny/Kinnear area someone got into my car parked on the street and stole my sunglasses, old school iPod, and a few quarters. They had clearly handled my garage door opener and yet they didn't open it and take the thousands of dollars worth of tools/bikes/motorcycle helmets/etc that were in there. Right around the same time as now.

I've long been a proponent of all-year education in this country. Make it 4 days a week, year round, and I guarantee summertime crime rates drop and graduation rates go up. We already pay teachers year round, might as well get the money's worth out of them.

My truck has been "broke into" several times over the last three years.

When I lived off Hall road, the head unit got stolen, couple times they got into and just tore shit up like the center console and tablet mount on the dash.

In westgate it's only been gotten into like twice, never took anything other than change in the cupholder < I don't keep valuables in the truck, so I usually never lock the doors. .

I wholeheartedly agree with that, as well as a few other "anti crime" measures... But that might hurt peoples feelings, or inconvenience someone that isn't a victim in a crime.